Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Colemere near Ellesmere in Shropshire, UK.

Colemere

in the county of Shropshire

Herstmonceaux Castle. Herstmonceaux. Nr Hailsham. East Sussex

Herstmonceux

in the county of East Sussex

Historic Lime Kilns at Froghall, Staffordshire

Froghall

in the county of Staffordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Meditation and Relaxation

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 18:34 on 8th September 2013

I am so pleased Coleen that the thread is creating interest generally on the forum as I said to Ron in earlier post I had no idea that it would create so many viewings.

I am so pleased that you are enjoying the thread 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Colleen Warne
Colleen Warne
quotePosted at 23:29 on 8th September 2013
Yes I am very pleased that there is so much interest encouraging. I think in this stressful busy world we need this. I am amazed at how many people are ill and young people to. Do you also watch what you eat Neil.
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 07:01 on 9th September 2013

Hi Colleen

In this world we live in people are becoming detached from true life compared with the passage of time we are just a spec of dust.

We are all the same the two items that differentiate us are race and religion which in its self creates immense divisions throughout the world and society.

This negative influence rubs of on each and everyone of us to a certain degree no matter what age the person.

This in turn creates stress which is a very debilitating illness some can cope with it others are unable to truly rid themselves throughout their lifetime, I am also  concerned the younger members in our society having to cope with unemployment and the problem that this presents.

I consider myself as one of the lucky ones in society I have always eaten good food, never been hungry, sufficient money in my pocket, excellent health, married for 52 years, never been unemployed what else could one wish for in life, okay a little more money would have helped at times but that applies to everyone.

Your question do I watch what I eat, my answer is; yes fresh vegetable produce whenever possible, also fresh fish and meat products but minimal processed food.

Unfortunately I am slightly over weight Coleen but working on it continually.

To close if I can help someone else up the ladder of life and not kick away the rungs as I climb then I consider my life fulfilled         

Edited by: Neil Rodgers at:9th September 2013 07:09
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:20 on 9th September 2013

Well Colleen I have tried it on myself and the short answer is no I can't feel a thing. Now I don't know if that will surprise anybody, or whether it's even possible to do it for oneself, but I for one can't do it.

As much as anything, I found that I was unable to relax sufficiently. The parts of my body (wrist and knee) that I tried it on weren't reacting in anyway whatsoever and I got no sensation of anything happening. I just couldn't relax and get my mind thinking about my own body.

So there it is Collen, unless somebody says differently I don't think it's possible to carry out Reiki (or the gift, whatever it might be) on oneself and to have any effect.

Prove me wrong somebody!

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 19:54 on 9th September 2013

Self healing for me Ron is going to "source" by out of body experience, I think it works so well with others in that any healing aligns the energy sources..and it's easier to do that with one person directing them properly. some think that many ailments are manfestations of negative vibes...energy in the body...creating blockages...and that's what healing really does..it clears those blockages. It can be done in an number of ways. In fact I've seen people that were healed just by the suggestion of being allowed the freedom to be healed...something we do with directives such as "Have an good day"..etc...it's not just the words your saying, but the true intent behind those words.  That's why we have an messed up world in ways...people are nicer then ever and talk with sweeteness..but their intent of what they are saying isn't no such thing.

I could well tell you this story I have about LIttle Red Riding Hood, I'll go an see if I can find it..it's hilarious...it's from the perspective an an physcologist..  Point was made that this helpless little nimph is anything but helpless..she's really more like an vampire taking revenge on the poor wolf until she's had the poor thing murdered.  He was saying tha tin his profession, he knows an real lady that comes in always dressed in red. She needs help. But you wonder at what time she's going to get up an attack you in various ways..more then reponding to the help she says she needs in the first place. I got

such an kick out of the story...like it said...what nice grandma throws her precious granddaughter out in the woods by herself knowing it's

dangerous...and then giving her an basket of goodies..to flaunt in the face of anybody walking by. Now most sweet innocent little girls would of shared an muffin with the wolf..but not our Red...she givesi an "come on" by telling him where he can come meet her later on.By now he's forgotten the basket of goodies, and taken it to the level of Red herself.  Now she walks in there and she knows that the wolf isn't  granny...but she likes to play "sweet thing" and lure the wolf on an bit...kind of seductively in ways...My what big eyes you have!...knowing this isn't  her grandmother. Now the normal person would of run right there and then, but not our Red...she's looking for an little action maybe? by te time she' s got the poor wolf all "hot an bothered" with the expectation on taking on "REd"..in comes her savior, as she always needs an savior, so she almost always provides an "back up" to herself for safety...and he kills the wolf..it wasn't red that should stay away from "wolves"...but the wolf that needs to stay away from innocent little girls wearing red hoods..luring them on with goodie baskets of potential promise.  What about granny also...she's hardly defensless also...it takes real strength to fight an wolf...you can bet he didn't point to the closet and she went in without an fight..knowing her granddaughter was about to arrive. Or then again...did she want some some excitement tor the day also?

At any rate this doctor goes on to tell how this is played out in real life with real people.

Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 20:45 on 9th September 2013

Hi Shirley

Friends here from UK will reply later

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:39 on 10th September 2013

Well, I thought I'd give you some room to talk lalk later on...esp" before tomarrow"sObama speech and everyone is glued to their tv sets.I haven't had time to look for the book....I had to read that book in one week for my classes out at the college in supervisory skills. We also use to play around with cards to see how intuitive we were. My sister never wanted to get into that aspect, she dropped out of it. this was though training on the different styles people use in the world to get what they want out of life. As long as your not in the position of the wolf..you should be alright.

My touch of "Gout" seems an little better tonight. I never had it untilI discovered..trying to find out why I had it...that I was being thrownout low grade microwaves or Emp... from someplace...reason the Enviormental Protection Agency has been out several times. It kind of fries your nerve endings an bit.  It's been several years since the last episode, but we are in some pretty hot discussions about the war inSyria on the net. No one wants it exactly. Mud slinging getting pretty bad at times.

Can they only talk.... if you OK them to talk to Neil?

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:21 on 10th September 2013
I think he was just saying he was busy Shirley and would comment again later
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 14:17 on 10th September 2013

Hi Shirley

True Reiki energy Is absorbed through the Crown Chakra and transmitted downwards through the arms and into the practitioners hands and onwards to the client, sometimes it can be quite cool and other times quite warm or maybe there is a combination of both.

As you say blockages in our energy fields can make us feel unwell specifically if the chakras are out of sink with each other, but this is quite an easy process to correct with a pendant crystal. 

I like your reference to the story of Little Red Riding Hood this mythical story has probably assisted more children so to not take for granted the first impressions in people without making them paranoid about the situation a sort of gentle way in making them aware.

But in saying that I can remember some of the truly frightening Big Bad Wolves at the pantomime shows.

I hope my short reply a few posts back was not upsetting or offensive as I like to read your posts at least twice before replying.

Our visitor had just arrived from the UK someone we as a family had not seen for 12 years due to a fall out between the families but the dust has settled now life is to short to fall out with someone.

By the way Shirley whatever I say I truly mean I would never dress in sheep's clothing to disguise any hidden agenda.

What you see is what you get with me, its just unfortunate in this world we live in all is not what you see or hear. I agree with you entirely Shirley.       

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 11:10 on 11th September 2013

That's a good article on M&R Neil - well done!

If members want to read what Neil has to say click on the following link:

http://www.picturesofengland.com/England/article/1439