Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Wollaton road in Beeston, Nottinghamshire

Beeston

in the county of Nottinghamshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Meditation and Relaxation

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 16:08 on 1st September 2013
Really hope it works for you Vince, please let us know
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 16:10 on 1st September 2013
  Thank you Peggy. I hope it does as well .
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 16:53 on 1st September 2013

If a Meditation track succeeds in putting one of life's jigsaw pieces back in place then we will have achieved a result. 

Piece by piece it will slot into position life's component parts till such time the whole picture is tranquil and peaceful once again.

I thank you Vince for your kind words and wish you many hours of peaceful meditation.

Neil and Trisha   

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:05 on 1st September 2013
On 1st September 2013 15:52, Vince Hawthorn wrote:

Meditation is a new concept in our household and relaxation is as almost a rare happening. However, time has come to have an open mind and see what can be achieved as some of you may remember my mentioning the 2013 gremlins who are still lurking and need evicting. Neil has been a real diamond and sorted out some help for us ( including putting me right where I messed up downloading ). I think meditation is something that will need time and effort to achieve but the cd downloads have been very rewarding just listening to them in their own right without reaching their full effects so far.

Thanks Neil and Trisha.

Good luck Vince and well done for allowing Neil and Trisha the opportunity to help.

I had a good feel about the thread, right from the start.

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 17:08 on 1st September 2013

Many years ago (about 20) I bought quite a few cassette tapes by a man called Medwyn Goodall. They were excellent to listen to and relax before going to sleep. We still have the tapes but not anything to play them on any more. They certainly helped I don't think I can ever remember hearing one through to the end.

Soothing music does seem to help greatly as an aid to relaxation. 

Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 17:20 on 1st September 2013

Hi Ruth

Are the tapes 8 track or the upgrade from that?

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 17:27 on 1st September 2013
They are not 8 track Neil, just the normal size cassette tapes. I have a means on my computer to turn them into digital, I've converted others in the past, but the casstte player took to eating the tapes - like they do Yell so it got thrown out. I'm sure someone I know will have one kicking around somewhere that I can borrow for a day or two. I have quite a few to convert, it takes no time when you get going, it's the getting going that takes the time Smile
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 17:34 on 1st September 2013

Hi Ruth that's interesting I have just punched in the name in Google the name came up quick sticks various tracks available in modern format but you never know the golden oldies still command a listening.

I know what you mean about just getting going its OK when you get going LoL 

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 18:00 on 1st September 2013
I was looking and listening to Golden Oldies last night people and songs I have not heard for years, they were on u tube, Theresa  Brewer, Debbie Reynolds, Eddie  Fisher etc
Colleen Warne
Colleen Warne
quotePosted at 22:35 on 1st September 2013
I have done Transcedental Meditation for many many years and have been faithful to it 20 minutes mornig and evening  even when travelling (remember the Beatles and Maharishi) they are now using it for Post traumatic stress, in the schools, mental illnesses etc. I really swear by meditation whatever type you choose. With a busy stressful life it takes dicipline to take the time and even if the mind wanders it is worth every second. Its like an old friend to me now