Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Brixham, Torbay

Brixham

a Seaside Town in the county of Devon

Mooring, Agar Creek, Blakeney

Blakeney

a Seaside Town in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Meditation and Relaxation

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 18:14 on 5th September 2013

Hi Shirley

The Story of Mrs Hawayo Takata can be found at www.idoreiki.co.uk/mrstakata.htm

With regards to Acupuncture I have never experience the process or actually seen it carried out but from all accounts can be very beneficial under the correct conditions.

As you say Oxygen plays an important part in our lives that is why I do not understand why people smoke and damage their lungs.  

The lungs play such an important part in our wellbeing and any exercise is so much easier if the lungs can supply and convert the oxygen that we breath into energy.  

Edited by: Neil Rodgers at:5th September 2013 18:15
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 04:24 on 6th September 2013

People smoke for the same reason people drink, people take drugs, people go fishing, people eat wrong kinds of food..and people belong to certain groups of cliques...it provides an relaxation and an kind of security with whom ever your with, in the case of hunger..like during the depression...it helped to take the mind off not eating...for many early American colonials it was money to live on. As for the Native American Indians they have lost the reason of the ritual by way of the rolled cigarette...but passing an peace pipe..one took an puff ofthe smoke and blew it back out to mingle with all the other smoke to signify the council going to the great spirit above as one united body.Native Anericans were users of smoke for curing and healing also, as well as teas. You do know that one hand full of pine needles in one cup of boiling water, strained has 10 times the Vit. C then does one lemon. Many people use to consult them for their herbal knowledge. Nut trees use to be part of the great forests of the USA...less then an one tenth of them now remain. But the acrons were leached and th eoil taken out to use for ligtening lodges in the winter time...and the nuts went through the process until they then could be dried...after that, the were ground up for use as flour in such things as a gravy. To the gravy they use to add blueberries or chockberries, adding some animal fat (clarified) and place over wild meat after having boiled it until tender and baking it an bit so it would hold its form. Your first kind of "pot roast" of it's day. The Heathman Hotel, very exclusive downtown Portland...use to serve vension tenderloin in an blueberry infused Gravy with fresh herbs. It has all English décor. throughout..and has been in business for years on end They take regular  beef chuck roasts these days and shoot scallion ends into the meat and fork the meat and place one side toward an hot campfire until it's half way done with an slight touch of grilling the meat... and turn it over to do the other side and serve it with roasted veggies...as seen in the magazine "Native American" many years ago..When they put the Indians on the Reservations they often had an steady diet of flour and water instead...when I talk of the wallpaper paste diet...that's what I am referencing to.  But many people had such an diet during the depression years...flour flavored with whatever was available. Shaman's often through meditation left their body to go into another person to seek out the problem for healing it. My first introduction to mediation was some oriental monks making clouds dissipate. I thought, yeah, sure...but the more I studying them the more I see where it most likely the truth being told.

My friend that died of cancer....could see aura's. She tried her darnest to teach me how...maybe I would of had I taken the time to get into it better...but I worked back then and my time was quite limited. Have you ever been to some of the "Paleo" web sites?...they are truly living off the land in everything they do. They aren' t as much into the spiritual as are Native Americans...or at least when it comes to teaching survival techniques. Are you aware of the way that they teach themselves to raise or lower their body temperature by the weather ..if you don' t know it..you'll have to smear your body with greasy bear fat ...Ooohhh yuck!) to keep warm otherwise out in the blizzard. If you can lower your body temperature...your more likely to survive hydrothermia also in icy water.  It makes me wonder how many of our wildlife animals know how to do such things. One reason they all sit on their feet...to keep them warm, smaller body area with less fat on them...not to mention they can "spring up" faster. I must admit that sitting in an tipi...the fire pit  blazing away was an meditation inducing  therapy of it own no doubt.

Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 21:52 on 6th September 2013

Hi Shirley

Sorry if I touched a nerve on smoking but its only a viewpoint people choose their own path in life.

It is interesting though how the native American Indians used to sit round camp fires and passed the peace pipe round and as you say for the smoke to drift round to indicate to the great spirits that they were in council.

Colleen Warne
Colleen Warne
quotePosted at 23:31 on 6th September 2013
Do you not need to keep up with your Reiki treatments or are you free from pain in one session and thats it. I imagine it is a whole life style change mental, physical spiritual,
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 03:56 on 7th September 2013

The lady that commented on was one of the lucky ones the treatment surprised me just as much as it did her.

During her deep meditative state whilst sleeping I would say that a trapped nerve had relaxed and moved back into position as I say she was lucky.

The effects of a Reiki treatment usually last for about three days some pain related ailments just disappear it all depends on how the persons body reacts to the treatment.

Reiki is not a cure all treatment and is no substitute for the medical advice from your doctor, in my opinion it is a unique complimentary healing technique that assists the body to repair itself and when coupled with meditation it seems extra powerful. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:43 on 7th September 2013

What a great thread this has been and continues to be. Well done Neil and all those who are contributing.

Wow, nearly 2000 views!

Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 23:31 on 7th September 2013
Ron I had no idea that this would turn out like this its amazing.
Colleen Warne
Colleen Warne
quotePosted at 00:30 on 8th September 2013
Ron I am pleasantly surprised by you being so keen on this although I dont know you I thought you would be more skeptical.
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 06:41 on 8th September 2013

I found a very interesting article in the Mail on Sunday direct link below its certainly worth a read.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2158068/Meditation-alters-brain-wiring-just-month.html

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:10 on 8th September 2013
On 8th September 2013 00:30, colleen warne wrote:
Ron I am pleasantly surprised by you being so keen on this although I dont know you I thought you would be more skeptical.

I wonder what makes you think this way Colleen. Is it my avatar that that gives you that impression? That, yeaaah look!! lol

In fact my interest is simply because I can do this so-called Reiki Colleen. Don't ask me how I do it, or what happens other than as I have described, so I assume that must be the connection.

When I hold my hand over a body, without touching I might add, the feeling of heat and tingling in the palm of my hand is really powerful. I can only describe it as feeling like I am almost 'pulling' the pain from the other person.

It's not even as though I do it on a regular basis, more a case of a 'fun' thing whenever it might get mentioned at a party or when we have the family with us, so it remains something that I know about and can do, lucky me, maybe?