Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Alum Bay

Freshwater

in the county of Isle of Wight

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Holidays

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

L
L
quotePosted at 21:10 on 13th March 2008

Where's your favourite place to holiday? (home or away)...

I loved China, too much to see in such a short time though, but authentic chinese food cant be beaten! I've travelled to most of Europe,  but my favourite place of all has to be Italy, beautiful scenery and wonderful food..yummy Cool

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Roses
Roses
quotePosted at 01:08 on 15th March 2008

i love scotland!  and germany!  i use to enjoy coming back to the USA while living in the UK, but now i enjoy coming "home" to the uk too!  and i LOVE canada!

i would LOVE to see alaska one day.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 01:38 on 15th March 2008
England (home) is my first choice, but if I can't leave the States then it would be the Oregon Coast.
L
L
quotePosted at 16:53 on 15th March 2008
I've lived in England all my life and travelled quite a lot but I have NEVER been to Scotland....how sad is that?
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 17:28 on 15th March 2008

Oh Lyn, if you ever go to Scotland, you must check out the Isle of Skye, it is so beautiful. We stayed at a lovely little B&B just outside Bradford, and travelled from there.

Wonderful!

Dennis Bailey
Dennis Bailey
quotePosted at 20:26 on 15th March 2008
Dartmoor National Park. One of the few national parks that have no wilderness camping bans. No cars, no people, just solitude.
L
L
quotePosted at 22:25 on 15th March 2008
Solitude...sounds good to me away from the hussle and bustle of everyday life (sigh)
Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 23:24 on 15th March 2008
I love greece, the quieter parts anyway, not travelled as far as i would have liked though to be honest, there are places i really do want to visit, New zealand, Australia, Amalfi coast, Italy oh and loads more, but saying all that, i do love britain, same as you lyn, never been to scotland, and i really do have to go,
L
L
quotePosted at 09:19 on 16th March 2008
Hey Jason, you would LOVE the Amalfi coast,its incredible! I took some good photos there,and on the Isle of Capri.  Italy's my favourite country. Pompeii is a definite to visit, so interesting! It took over 4 hours just to walk round about a quarter of it, its a huge area. Greece is one place i've never been to. China was great, that was an experience walking on the Great Wall and seeing all those Terracotta Warriors. I found Sardinia and Cyprus (north Cyrpus) a bit boring, nothing much to see but Mosques and a bombed out Famagusta....but it was an experience all the same.One day I would love to go and visit my old schoolmate in Australia.
MariaGrazia
MariaGrazia
quotePosted at 00:20 on 26th March 2008
On 13th March 2008 21:10, Lyn Greenaway wrote:  Italy's my favourite country

And mine is England:).

I work  as a software developer and I just love being away on either business or pleasure over there. 

I've always been amazed, and delighted as well, at how one country could grow on you so much, and that without you having any actual tie with it or previous related background.   

Does that mean that we can actually belong to more than one country then? or perhaps that everybody can choose their own one, regardless of one's background and feel part of it? Can the ties of birthplace be overwritten by common ideals and aims?  

I ought to apologize as I realize I'm being carried away now lol. This is a sleepless night before a flight to Bristol, a late hour, and in addition to the latest Ron's posts , all got  me to thinking instead of taking some good sleep as it would be advisable at the moment :).  

I'm happy I have found this forum. 

Maria Grazia