Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Trees

Woburn

in the county of Bedfordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Message from Roy Jackson

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 11:31 on 3rd April 2008

Hi, the following is an email we received this morning from Roy Jackson.

--------------------------------------

Hi POE.

Message from Roy Jackson.

Last night my home computer died on me, taking all my internet, passwords and e-mail access with it.  It looks like it will be away for repair for quite a while.  I have had to come out and use the public libraries computer and an old hotmail account that I keep for emergency use, just to get in contact.

Luckily all my photographs are backed up to a seperate hard drive but without a working computer I cannot access them.

I don't know how long it will be before I can resumed visiting and submitting photos to the POE site.

Could you please be good enough to post on one the the threads that I have subscribed to, ie. Favourite Pictures or spooky stories, the contents of this message and ensure the gang that I will return as soon as possible.  Tell Sue, that I hope, when the new camera arrives, she gets a lot of pleasure with it.

Regards to all.

Roy Jackson. 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 11:35 on 3rd April 2008
Best wishes Roy, and we hope to see you back here soon!
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 12:24 on 3rd April 2008

I know how he feels, that happend to me before Christmas. The hard drive crashed. I also had all my photo's backed up on an external drive. I now have three hard drives with the opperating system backed up on one of them and, all my files backed up on them. It took me five weeks to sort it all out. But I am back to anoy everyone.

Good luck Roy, Hope to see you here soon.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:48 on 3rd April 2008

Yeah thats really tough Roy. Thinks.....won't be bothered by him for a while thank goodness! Just joking Roy, but hey I guess it doesn't matter and we can say what we like about you now because you can't see any of it can you?

On a serious note, its happened to me three times! Luckily I have a contact who gets me out of the tacky stuff. See you soon Roy!

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 15:45 on 3rd April 2008

Oh Roy, you were supposed to be around when I posted about the arrival of my camera which shipped yesterday.

I'm glad to hear you backed up all your pictures and important things. I am lax at that, and I have paid the price.

I hope they hurry along at the computer hospital, as you are going to be missed.

L
L
quotePosted at 15:58 on 3rd April 2008
Hurry back Roy, I hope your pc gets well soon!
Roy Jackson
Roy Jackson
quotePosted at 23:04 on 7th April 2008

Hi Folks.

I am glad to say that i am back, i have read all of your kind comments that you have attached to my original e-mail and i really do thank you for them. Yes, Ron, even yours.

Thanks to POE for their good offices in publishing my e-mail.

It turns out that the problem with my computer was software based, and not the hardware as i at first thought. the computer is less than six months old.

The tech lads who looked at it, they looked about 15 years old, have not fully sorted things out. It could be something to do with the new down load that was recently installed in Vista. They are not really certain.

Anyway, i’m back and hope to be submitting more pictures straightway. I have been looking for a photograph of a certain bird that i took a while back that i think our birding friend might find interesting. Anyway its about time that i dedicated a picture to you Sue. It will be on my Herrington gallery very soon.

I will now have a look round the forums to see what else has been happening to all my good friends here.

Again, thank you for your kind remarks.

Regards Roy J.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 23:37 on 7th April 2008

Oh Roy, it's so good to see you back again    . I was thinking of you just this morning.

Did you hear that I have my new camera, and right now I'm going through the instruction book very slowly. I'm hoping the DVD will come soon, as I learn much better from being shown than I do from reading a book.

Looking forward to more of your wonderful pictures.

Roy Jackson
Roy Jackson
quotePosted at 00:15 on 8th April 2008

Thanks Sue.

What do you think of the camera so far?

Regards Roy J.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 00:34 on 8th April 2008
I haven't even put the film in it yet, Roy. I was up to my neck over the weekend and didn't get to it, and Mondays are always busy. I should get some time to myself on Wednesday, and I need to work on it, as I'm off to the Oregon Coast the following week, and need to have my camera for that.