Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Wastwater and the fine mountain scene around Wasdale head.

Wasdale Head

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Low Carb Life Style?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 22:29 on 7th April 2008
Ha! You're not getting my weight out of me. Let's just say I"M ON A DIET (again)!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 23:45 on 7th April 2008
On 7th April 2008 21:20, Ron Brind wrote:

Diana, well of course I do know what you mean re low carb, and so now folks the 'Diana secret'.......she's lost nearly 3 stones in weight, yippeeee doesn't she look great? Thinks....that'll shut her up for a while!

3 stone, Diana, that is FANTASTIC!

I think it's time for a celebratory dance 

Kelly Fresh
Kelly Fresh
quotePosted at 03:04 on 8th April 2008
Welcome Diana, this is Kelly (from Bon Accord, Alberta) currently I`m on the high carb diet which isn`t working out that great. I`m finding it difficult to not be hungry on a low carb diet, as a result I`ve gained a few pounds. I`m still working on it though. Diana what state do you live in? My husband is from West Virginia and previous to moving to Alberta, Canada we used to live in California and West Virginia. Are you having success with being on a low carb diet?
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 10:48 on 8th April 2008
On 8th April 2008 03:04, kelly fresh wrote:
Welcome Diana, this is Kelly (from Bon Accord, Alberta) currently I`m on the high carb diet which isn`t working out that great. I`m finding it difficult to not be hungry on a low carb diet, as a result I`ve gained a few pounds. I`m still working on it though. Diana what state do you live in? My husband is from West Virginia and previous to moving to Alberta, Canada we used to live in California and West Virginia. Are you having success with being on a low carb diet?

Hi Kelly, and thanks for the welcome. I am surprised that you found yourself getting hungry on a low carb diet.  One of the things I like most about it is that I don't get hungry.  But in order for it to work that way you have to be faithful to the no-carb (the first two weeks...which was the hardest part for me), and then the low-carb rule after the first two weeks.  I've been doing this for 10 months now and can honestly say that I have ceased to think of it as a 'diet' but rather as a life style I can live with. Of course you have to find ways to keep it interesting and I seem to have done that if the approximately 42 lbs I've lost are anything to go by.

The reason I started this thread was because I hit a plateau almost four months ago and can't seem to break it no matter what I've tried.  I thought that if others were following a similar eating life style we could support one another.  To be fair I should add that I have only in the past two weeks introduced serious exercise into my life.  Perhaps that will break the plateau.Smile

Sue H. - Thanks for the encouragement.  I have to ask, where do you get your cute emotions? The celebratory dance is darling!

Kelly, I live in Boston, Massachusetts.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 14:28 on 8th April 2008
On 8th April 2008 10:48, Diana Sinclair wrote:

Sue H. - Thanks for the encouragement.  I have to ask, where do you get your cute emotions? The celebratory dance is darling!

I use a program called Getsmile. I bought it for about $20.00 years ago and I personally think it has been worth every penny.
L
L
quotePosted at 14:41 on 8th April 2008
I've never had to go on a diet, but I lost 1.5stones in weight in a month due to my illness, a bit of a drastic way though! Glad to say my hospital appointment today showed I have put a bit back on, which is a good thing but its taken me about 18 months.
 Please login to post to this thread...