Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Photograph of Blyth Harbour, Northumberland

Blyth

in the county of Northumberland

Evening near Hartington

Hartington

in the county of Derbyshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Happy Birthday to our Queen

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 14:59 on 21st April 2008

I am going to make a Queen Elizabeth Cake in her honor, as I take any opportunity to celebrate being English, and this is a bonus week because Wednesday is St. George's Day.

So what do you think of our Queen?

I think she is a good woman, and has reigned well. I also like Prince Charles and hope he too will get the opportunity to reign.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:08 on 21st April 2008
We love the Royal family as well Sue, but doubt that we shall be doing anything special to celebrate either! Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth - brilliantly wonderful, but I don't think Charles will ever get to reign!
L
L
quotePosted at 19:47 on 21st April 2008
I admire and respect the Queen but I dont have much time for the rest of them. It's about time we in England celebrated St George's day the same way as the Irish do St Patricks......it just seems to pass us by.

quote | editPosted at 19:55 on 21st April 2008

I think the Queen has done a marvellous job throughout her reign and she is a model of restraint and reminder of what England was until something strange happened about 10 years ago (no, this time I don't mean the Government) when we seemed overnight to become a hysterical and emotionally incontinent nation and it's been downhill all the way ever since.

Ron, Charles will reign, but only if he outlives his mother!  Abdication is a taboo word, so I read, within the Royal family and it goes back to the 'Mrs Simpson' episode. Anyway what's the point in having a monarchy if it isn't hereditary?

As for 23rd April...'Cry Harry for England and St George!'.....or something like that..Embarassed isn't it??

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 20:21 on 21st April 2008

Cry 'God for Harry, England and St. George'

I eat all English foods on St. Georges Day (I fly the flag every day of the year). I will start my day off with pancakes, have English cheese, chutney and home made bread for lunch, followed by scones and cream then for tea it will be Cottage Pie followed by trifle.

And I wonder why I'm fat. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:35 on 21st April 2008

Sue G >>>>Ron, Charles will reign, but only if he outlives his mother!  Abdication is a taboo word, so I read, within the Royal family and it goes back to the 'Mrs Simpson' episode. Anyway what's the point in having a monarchy if it isn't hereditary? That's the point exactly Sue G, will he outlive his mother? The Queen looks a picture of health compared to him!

Sue H, I admire you greatly, really! I can tell you now, there won't be much of that going on over here!

Lyn G, I agree with you also, but it depends how far you want to go. Immediate family OK, after that well I'm with you for sure!

Notice PTP is rather quiet?

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 23:07 on 21st April 2008
Sorry, not getting involved. I dont like the Queen.

quote | editPosted at 23:34 on 21st April 2008
Why?

quote | editPosted at 23:38 on 21st April 2008
Thanks for the the correct words, Sue...I knew something was missing....the most important word at that!
L
L
quotePosted at 08:25 on 22nd April 2008
On 21st April 2008 23:07, Peter Evans wrote:
Sorry, not getting involved. I dont like the Queen.
Lol @ Peter, well i've said all im going to on this subject as well.