Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Bournemouth

Bournemouth

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Thoughts on our 'wonderful' Government?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 Next >

L
L
quotePosted at 08:31 on 22nd April 2008
I cant type what I think about them on here, it's a family site lol but will sit back and read what everyone else thinks....unless no one else will type anything either!? LOLWink
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:25 on 22nd April 2008

Lyn, our rotten Government is now being led by the very person who set up the tax laws in the past and who is responsible for the poverty (ha, a Labour Government eh?) very well done indeed.....literally! Over 100 tax rises since they got in and now he insists he has done more for us than any other Goverment, that being the case how come were all b....y skint?

There is not enough time in the day to write about what WE consider is wrong, but a few of my examples follow, and not in any order of preference: The economy, tax, immigration, environmental issues, services, pensions, council tax, mortgages, law and order, hospitals, education, wages, red tape, political correctness, the property ladder for our kids! And lets not forget our servicemen and women! 

And now after the taxpayers own Northern Rock, he has given the banks another lump of tax payers money to bail them out of what is simply bad management (oh and don't lets forget we the taxpayers also now own the house's.....that the banks lent money on in the first place (our own homes). Hang on this is getting complicated, we agree a mortgage with the bank so we own our house don't we? But then because the banks fail the taxpayers give the banks our own money to but our own house! No matter how it's dressed up we really are paying tax, on tax, on top of tax!!

Over the years under this Government I have had my house repossessed and lost my business but there was no goverment handout for me, neither was there any deal that would allow me to keep my home! So what did they do, they put the onus on the Local Authority (the taxpayer) to re-house us when we should have been able to stay in our own home, and get some support from the financial sector (as have the banks today). So from paying our own way, we now become reliant on the taxpayer! And after that I had to go through the trauma of an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) and I can tell you that we haven't recovered yet, a decade later!

What people should remember is that when Margaret Thatcher left office she left with ALL the hard work behind her completed! Therefore any clown Government could have taken over and still shine, and isn't that exactly what happened? Now unless the Tory's are careful the reverse is going to happen. Having stuffed up completely, this rotten Government will lose the next Election and David Cameron will take over, only for the Tory's to struggle to make ends meet AGAIN! So things will be tough for another 5 years, the Brits get fed up with it and vote the other way next time, doesn't it just do your b....y head in? I hope and pray David Cameron gets to read this because if he listens to what the people have to say he will be in situ for many years to come, that is, unless we all say what we are not allowed to say, what we all think but are not allowed act upon and vote for the BNP! Then there will be CIVIL WAR IN BRITAIN! Why? Because the BNP is saying what most of us are thinking, you know it's true, so lets hear it for Britain before it's too late.

I also hope and pray that the 10p tax row is the final nail in the coffin of this smarmy, cocky s..t, and that it will finally set the date for an Election where he will be trampled to death in the rush to vote Tory, that is unless somebody else gets to him first and he probably wouldn't need to look much further than his own Ministers for that!

Well you asked for opinions Lyn, I could go on and on as I am sure you could but after all that, a simple question to finish up with. Where does the Black Forest Cuckoo lay it's eggs? Answer: In the Gateau! Just makes you sick, doesn't it? No not the Gateau, see........!!       

quote | editPosted at 14:47 on 22nd April 2008

Three Cheers for Ron!! You have expressed what I and millions of others think, though with more knowledge and eloquence than I could ever muster.  I think this Government may implode....I read in the paper the other day that a fuel blockade similar to the one some years ago is on the way, except that they are hoping it will be  less shortlived and more damaging this time. No doubt the Police 'Service' as they like to be called now are polishing their truncheons in readiness....to do the govenment's dirty work for them.  I used to have such respect for the police too.

The teachers are going on strike this week I think.

L
L
quotePosted at 14:48 on 22nd April 2008
I couldn't have put it any better than you have Ron!!! Well done! I agree with all you've said!!!......And for once i'm being serious.
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 15:52 on 22nd April 2008
On the courier site I am a member of, there is serious talk of diesel being £1.50 per litre by September. That'll make petrol about £1.35 to £1.40 per litre, which will be lovely I'm sure. It's about time somene did something about our tax tax (so unfair they named it twice!). Still, we won't have to worry about CON gestion charges, because no-one will be able to afford to drive their vehicles on our wonderfully smooth, pothole free roads. Maybe, just maybe, some of the money made from the fuel rip-off will go towards our country forming a police force, it would be lovely to have one. Saying that, I imagine when you phone 999 you'll have to press '1' for a human, '2' for England, '3' for emergency etc...etc. As they don't seem to make a very good job of running my 'local' bank from New Delhi I fear the worst......when 'Kevin' answers the phone after the multi choice nonsense I just know his real name is Muhammed or something similar, so a lie at the start of the conversation doesn't bode well for the rest of the call. Everything we ever classed as important is now farmed out to call centres all over the world and it hisses me off, quite frankly. Next time you talk to Muhammed, ask him how the weather is.....if he doesn't say hot and sticky he's a rotten liar! Now ask yourself why all these companies do this and you will probably come up with the same idea as me....to save paying our ridiculously high levels of tax. We'll never stop this nonsense, not with a revolt, a riot or a petition, let's just emigrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 15:56 on 22nd April 2008
Ron, I get the feeling you're a tory voter.
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 16:08 on 22nd April 2008

When I'm King the politicians will be the first against the wall. It'll be a better country for it. I need your votes etc.etc. blah, blah, broken, empty promises blahdy blah. That was a party political message from Andy Edwards. I thank you.

Roses
Roses
quotePosted at 16:21 on 22nd April 2008
On 22nd April 2008 15:52, Andy Edwards wrote:
 We'll never stop this nonsense, not with a revolt, a riot or a petition, let's just emigrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy, we DID!  (not saying things across the pond are any better though....)

BRAVO Ron and Andy! 

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 17:20 on 22nd April 2008
&$%*£&%*£$&%, Thats what I think.
MariaGrazia
MariaGrazia
quotePosted at 18:06 on 22nd April 2008
On 22nd April 2008 15:52, Andy Edwards wrote:
  We'll never stop this nonsense, not with a revolt, a riot or a petition, let's just emigrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And where would you go? 
1 2 3 4 5 Next >