Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Tudor Building, Thaxted

Thaxted

in the county of Essex

The Pioneer

Hayle

in the county of Cornwall

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Going away for the week.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 21:19 on 8th May 2008
Thanks Andy. At the moment she says it dont feel like retirement, it feels like a holiday. Just wait till she gets bored, then I will think it's like he-l. She will try to get me working round the house, she's already talking about what she would like to have done. I will have to tell her, I'm already retired. He he he.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 21:23 on 8th May 2008
She needs a hobby Peter. Does she come with you when you take pictures? A camera for her retirement present would be nice!
MariaGrazia
MariaGrazia
quotePosted at 21:38 on 8th May 2008
Register an account for her on POE , Peter Wink
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 21:49 on 8th May 2008
Andy, Maria, the wife has two cameras but never uses them. She just cant muster the enthusiasm like me. He he he. She says that she is going to evening classes to learn Ti cwon do or whatever its called. Dont ask me, I have no idea. Still, it should keep her out of my hair for a while. I HOPE.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:02 on 8th May 2008
Taekwondo Peter, thats what you mean isn't it? All I can say is more power to her, because when she reaches black belt status you might find you're camera in an aperture that might not suit you, with the shutter unable to close! Now that's what I call photography!!
Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 08:14 on 9th May 2008

Hi Peter,

You mentioned about old darkroom equipment. It reminded me of the time when I was really young. (Oh yes I was!!) I used to take wedding pictures of colleagues,or passport pictures for them, whilst serving in the forces overseas. My pictures were basically rubbish unless I happened by sheer chance to get a decent picture.

Because I was cheap (and still am!) My mates used to order no end of these pics. The result was, I used to spend hours, days and nights when I was not working; in the photographic club darkroom. I very often disappeared for days on end with a supply of chocolate biscuits and a carton of juice, to produce the pictures they ordered. Result was, I took on a pasty appearance, my eyesight started to fail from examining all the negatives, and I smelled permenently of developer and fixer.  what I am trying to say in a roundabout way Peter is....No thanks, I don't want to buy your darkroom equipment.   Cool   Ray S.  

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:20 on 9th May 2008
That's it! Now we know why that Peter is so ugly!!
Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 10:09 on 9th May 2008
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Ron...although in some cases, Ugliness cannot be disputed can it ? lol
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 10:12 on 9th May 2008
On 9th May 2008 09:20, Ron Brind wrote:
That's it! Now we know why that Peter is so ugly!!

No Ron, that is not the reason. I was born like it.

Ray, it was the same for me, doing weddings birthdays and parties. I spent weeks in the darkroom. I still have it in the loft. Due to health problems, I couldnt do it now though. As nobody seems to want darkroom gear, I will just dump it. But it was fur though, wasnt it?

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 10:14 on 9th May 2008
Ray, are you related to a guy named Ken? He was a guitarist from east London.