Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Needles

Freshwater

in the county of Isle of Wight

Hartland Point Lighthouse. - North Devon

Hartland

in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

The low down on Chris, Sarah, Anna and...and....what's his name again???

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 09:30 on 3rd June 2008

Well my friends, what can I say? I spent a very, very pleasant few hours in the company of our web hosts, Chris and Sarah, and Sarah's mother, Anna and you know who. 

Lunch was laid on and there were three boys entertaining me, two lovely little lads and one huge one called RON. (If I were at home now I would be using some really expressive smileys in this post).

I'm sure you are all sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for my report on our dear Ron, but you are going to have to wait, just a few sentences at least.

First I would like to thank Chris and Sarah for their welcome and hospitality. It has to be odd inviting a total stranger into your home, albeit one who has been posting on the forum. Both Chris and Sarah are wonderful people. and I felt comfortable in their home, and their two little lads were delightful (I will soon get to the third one), though a tad shy with a stranger in the home.

I got a tour of the POE headquarters, where all the hard work in running this site, happens.

And of course Anna was there, and not in tied up in the bathroom at all. Anna is a wonderful, gracious woman who exudes warmth. It was a real pleasure being in her company.

And Ron, dear OLD Ron. I will start by telling you that he is exactly as you see him in his picture, though I found him taller than I expected. He has that jolly, happy face and that cheeky grin, and a handshake to match. Conversation with Ron is just as you would find here on the forum, in other words, what you see is what you get. He is funny, naughty, serious when needed, and very friendly.

Being with the Plow's and Brind's was like being with old friends, evidence of a well run forum, where people can feel comfortable being themselves (for the most part).

I now await posts from Ron, Chris and Sarah. At least I know I couldn't frighten them away from the forum, seeing that they own it. Be kind.

When I get home I will down load a picture of the Plows and Brinds with their permission.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 14:15 on 3rd June 2008

Hi Sue

Wow! thanks for your kind words! but you're too kind, honestly, the pleasure was all ours, we just wish it had been for longer as the time just seemed to fly by. As you have stated above, for us too, it really was like being in the company of an old friend. You are a very lovely and very genuine person and we all thoroughly enjoyed meeting you. We are already looking forward to the next time! SmileSmile

Chris & Sarah
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:17 on 3rd June 2008

Yeah, that about did it Sue, I'll post the £10 off to you straight away, thanks!

Seriously WOW - what an update for the forum members and after I had spent weeks s......g myself! I can tell you that Sue is, despite her attempt to make me out the old man of the forum, a very nice lady indeed. Sue manages to capture in her post the true feelings that I believe we all felt for one another, during the time that she spent at Chris and Sarah's home, POE Headquarters! 

I even untied Anna for a while, had to rub her ankles a bit to get rid of the rope marks (but Sue didn't notice) so that she could drop the odd hint or two re a certain member in the forum! Yes, Anna knows whats going on in the forum even though she doesn't use the PC very often. Who did Anna comment about? Well Sue is sworn to secrecy over that, but I promise you all it is nothing derogatory, indeed it is very, very funny and will out one day, thats for sure!! Then somebody is in trouble!!

Thank you Sue for your wonderful comments, but you know we all actually have a lot in common, especially as you know so much about Wheatley and the surrounding area, as well as, well umm, err similar age's.

Sue writes>>>Conversation with Ron is just as you would find here on the forum, in other words, what you see is what you get. He is funny, naughty, serious when needed, and very friendly. Being with the Plow's and Brind's was like being with old friends, evidence of a well run forum, where people can feel comfortable being themselves!

Got that Peter?

Thank you Sue, you really were a delight to be with, and I for one have no objection to you posting the picture of the Plows and the Brinds, just a shame your camera won't work again!! And finally, I suppose, I think it's a good job you are not at home using the smileys, although they probably don't have fat bald ones, do they?

I know I say it for all of us Sue, have a safe and pleasant journey home......and then stay there!!!!

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 19:05 on 3rd June 2008

£10 for such a glowing report? That has got to be worth at least £1000 you old skinflint. And what did you do too poor Anna to keep her so chearfull? What did you put in her tea?  Anna, tell the truth and shame the old devil. He he he.

Sue H, glad you enjoyed yourself. Have a safe journey home. Lots of love from us all.

L
L
quotePosted at 21:11 on 3rd June 2008
 I second what Peter said,  have a safe journey back home Sue Smile
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 21:24 on 3rd June 2008
Safe journey Sue, hope you had a great time.....maybe see you next visit!

quote | editPosted at 23:12 on 3rd June 2008
I'm glad you had a lovely holiday Sue, safe journey back Smile
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 03:29 on 4th June 2008
Hi Sue:  It'll be good to have you back stateside.  Thanks for the update on Ron.  I'm much relieved now. LOL  Too bad you didn't make it to Cornwall, but maybe next time.
Denzil Tregallion
Denzil Tregallion
quotePosted at 06:55 on 4th June 2008
Your welcome in Redruth Mrs. H but watch out for Kevin he gets ecxited when visitors come around hes better this morningSmile
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 19:36 on 4th June 2008

Ditto on Sue G. and Ruth, Sue.  I am so glad that you had a lovely time.  I have yet to met Anna, Sarah or Chris but I have had the pleasure of spending an afternoon with Ron while doing the CS Lewis Tour (and yes, despite all my joking it was a pleasure:)) 

I can't wait to hear all about your trip and hopefully your tour of CS Lewis country!Smile