Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

John Betjemen, St. Pancras Station

St Pancras

in the county of Greater London

Overton, Shropshire

Overton

in the county of Shropshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Ron Brind talks to Oklahoma's MessengerRadio.com about C. S. Lewis

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 09:24 on 18th August 2008
Ron I have listened! Your voice is not how I imagined it to be - I put a voice to everyone in my head! Fascinating information - hope it brings lots of extra tours. It must have been nerve racking - I've only been on radio once and I was petrified - as a business we did the mental teaser on Beacon Radio one week and they telephoned me to give the answer! When Terry was Voice of Dudley he was on Radio WM on Ed Doolan's show. He was calm and collected like you! Well done!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 15:08 on 18th August 2008
I sound like a man on the radio, so I have no desire to hear myself ever again. It took weeks of reassuring that I really didn't sound that deep voiced.

quote | editPosted at 15:13 on 18th August 2008
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 15:15 on 18th August 2008

True English Gentleman  , was that missing when I met you Ron?

Any way, I think Ron sounds just a little deeper in voice than in real life, but still pretty much the same.

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 03:59 on 19th August 2008

Hi Ron:  Great interview, well done!  Thanks for doing it and providing the link for us.  Your voice doesn't sound like I pictured it either, but I could listen to you talk for hours and hours.  Your voice and your accent are lovely.

Very interesting that so little people in England know about C.S. Lewis.  We in America often hear how secular Europe has become in the past several decades and I think that may have something to do with it.  Christians in America have really embraced Lewis because of his common sense defense of his beliefs.  He was way ahead of his time in breaking down denominational barriers.  Over here Catholics love him, Protestants love him, Evangelicals love him.  As for what Christianity is supposed to be about, he certainly did connect the dots.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:10 on 19th August 2008

Thanks for your comments Ruth. I would say that you have pretty well hit the nail on the head when it comes to C. S. Lewis! As for my voice, well it's how we true 'Oxonians' speak, sadly I can't change it. Oh incidentally, there is a lot more to tell if www.MessengerRadio.com come back to me as they suggested they might, so who knows another dose of Ron's voice on it's way possibly?

Stephanie says>>>Ron I have listened! Your voice is not how I imagined it to be - I put a voice to everyone in my head! Thinks.......must be an awful noise when it comes to that Peter?

Thanks for your comments fellow members, appreciated! 

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 13:24 on 19th August 2008
On 19th August 2008 03:59, Ruth Gregory wrote:

Very interesting that so little people in England know about C.S. Lewis.  We in America often hear how secular Europe has become in the past several decades and I think that may have something to do with it.  Christians in America have really embraced Lewis because of his common sense defense of his beliefs.  He was way ahead of his time in breaking down denominational barriers.  Over here Catholics love him, Protestants love him, Evangelicals love him.  As for what Christianity is supposed to be about, he certainly did connect the dots.

Well said Ruth! I am a huge fan of C.S. Lewis and couldn't agree more with your assessment.
 Please login to post to this thread...