Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

VIEW ACROSS THE PARK AREA TO THE AMUSEMENTS

Leysdown-on-Sea

in the county of Kent

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

I have Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 Next >

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 17:00 on 16th August 2008

on top of my foot problems.

So, any one else out there had this problem? Any advice? I've had it for three weeks, and they say it can last up to eight   .

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 17:24 on 16th August 2008
Never heard of it Sue - you have been in the wars lately! My husband Terry had a vertigo problem about 6 years ago - he was at work and he collapsed into his machine (he is a toolsetter). He had to have a month off work and then didn't seem to get it again.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 17:43 on 16th August 2008

I bet it was either BPPV or Viral Labyrinthitis. It is supposed to last from one to eight weeks, so the time line is right.

I'm glad to hear it has never come back again for him.

John Ravenscroft
John Ravenscroft
quotePosted at 17:45 on 16th August 2008

Hi, Sue.

About 10 years ago my wife developed a balance problem. Turned out to be Meniere's Syndrome (which is related to BPPV).

She still has it, although it's much less severe than it used to be.

Having seen how awful it made her feel, I know what you're going through and you have my sympathy. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 17:54 on 16th August 2008

Yes, I've been reading up on all of the inner ear disorders, and it is scary that for some people the symptoms never go away.

I am very sorry to hear that your wife is still experiencing symptoms, and in my selfishness hope beyond hope that mine go away, as it is not pleasant at all. My best wishes to your wife and hope that eventually, hers will go away too.

Right now I am trying to look on the brighter side of things. Because I am an active person, I know that following the Doctor's orders to stay off my feet for a month (with my foot surgery) was going to be very hard. But with this constant dizziness, I am forced to stay off my feet. So you see, it's a blessing in disguise.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:35 on 16th August 2008
Hang on in there Sue, not going to let a little thing like this beat you, are you? Anna and I both wish you a speedy recovery dear friend - take care, and get well soon! It's not the same having a member ill, you feel you can't abuse them in the normal way!! Of course you could always take more water with your brandy, that might help!!
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 18:49 on 16th August 2008
On 16th August 2008 18:35, Ron Brind wrote:
It's not the same having a member ill, you feel you can't abuse them in the normal way!!

I'm dizzy and have my foot in a cast, I've still got all my wits, and will give you as good as you give me. So go ahead Ron, I'm up for it  .

I have missed your comment on my other thread http://www.picturesofengland.com/forum/Off-Topic_Chat/1579

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 20:48 on 16th August 2008
On 16th August 2008 18:35, Ron Brind wrote:
Hang on in there Sue, not going to let a little thing like this beat you, are you? Anna and I both wish you a speedy recovery dear friend - take care, and get well soon! It's not the same having a member ill, you feel you can't abuse them in the normal way!! Of course you could always take more water with your brandy, that might help!!

Oh good, iff Ron cant insult us when we are ill, I am very ill Ron. They cant cure me for at least ten years.
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 21:07 on 16th August 2008
Hope you will be feeling better soon Sue. Maybe it has come along to make you rest, I think these things do come along for reasons sometimes. I'm sure it will go away if you rest. It's not very nice at all going so dizzy - Terry was lucky he didn't get killed or injured in the machine. He felt terrible for a month or so but he has never had the vertigo since.
John Ravenscroft
John Ravenscroft
quotePosted at 06:02 on 17th August 2008
On 16th August 2008 17:54, Sue H wrote:

I am very sorry to hear that your wife is still experiencing symptoms, and in my selfishness hope beyond hope that mine go away, as it is not pleasant at all. My best wishes to your wife and hope that eventually, hers will go away too.

Thanks, Sue.

I expect you've already found it, but if not you might want to join this forum:

http://thedizzylounge.com/thedizzy_forum/index.php?s=2b8c49c1533f7486c26abcb866e3695c

1 2 3 4 Next >