Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A Wide angle view of the River Stour at Mistley, Essex, where there are usually hundreds of Swans.

Mistley

in the county of Essex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Nitpicks

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 14:37 on 25th August 2008

I'm sure there are some who abuse their authority, but on the whole I think they are doing their job, and they are doing it well.

How many of us are willing to put our lives in danger each day? I'm not sure how bad it is in England, but our police services face danger each day in this volatile world.

I applaud them.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 15:00 on 25th August 2008

You know what bothers me?  When you walk down the hallway at work and look at the person passing you and you say "Hi!" or smile and they just stare at you!!  Undecided

Or...being interupted!  That really irks me!! 

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 16:48 on 25th August 2008
On 25th August 2008 14:37, Sue H wrote:

I'm sure there are some who abuse their authority, but on the whole I think they are doing their job, and they are doing it well.

How many of us are willing to put our lives in danger each day? I'm not sure how bad it is in England, but our police services face danger each day in this volatile world.

I applaud them.

There are a lot of people in all kinds of jobs that risk their lives everyday for the betterment of this world. Not just cops. Why don't they get the recognition they deserve?
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 16:54 on 25th August 2008
On 25th August 2008 15:00, Krissy wrote:

You know what bothers me?  When you walk down the hallway at work and look at the person passing you and you say "Hi!" or smile and they just stare at you!!  Undecided

Or...being interupted!  That really irks me!! 

How rude. Just think though, as their miserable day goes forward they will think of you. You have a clear conscious that you did something nice for someone. Hopefully they will get the hint one day.

I hate when you hold the door for someone and they just walk through and ignore you. No thanks. I just yell out "You're Welcome!" Maybe they too will get the hint one day.

I have a hard time with interupting. I have ADD. The thoughts go as fast as they come so if I don't speak while they are here I forget it. But it is rude to interupt.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 17:20 on 25th August 2008
On 25th August 2008 16:48, Catherine England Schleunes wrote:
There are a lot of people in all kinds of jobs that risk their lives everyday for the betterment of this world. Not just cops. Why don't they get the recognition they deserve?

Yes, even our very own Jason, who is a paramedic. The firefighters, teachers (and nowadays not even the classrooms are safe), Doctors.

So many people to be thankful for.

But I digress, and for that I apologise.

Lets get back to nitpicking.

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 21:47 on 25th August 2008
I agree with Krissy, rudeness gets right up my nose. A man shouted out "oy" to me one day. "how do I get to Barking station?" No please, just the question. I told him, and he turned round and walked away. Didnt even say thank you. So I shouted out "Pardon". He turned round and said he didnt say anything. So I said", "Oh, I thought you might have said thank you". But I got the last laugh, because while he was looking back at me, He fell over a bollard on the pavement. I didnt offer to help him up, I was too bussy laughing my head off.
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 21:51 on 25th August 2008
Good one Peter!!!  LOL!!! 
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 21:53 on 25th August 2008
Love the new avatar by the way Peter!!
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 22:48 on 25th August 2008
Thank you Krissy. It was taken in 2006 and slightly out of focus. Thats why I have no wrinkles. LOL
Mick Ascroft
Mick Ascroft
quotePosted at 23:16 on 25th August 2008

A good friend of mine was coming home one night in his car and it was about 2am in the morning when he was flashed by the old bill, it turned out it was a friend from school and the rest of the night was spent making cups of tea for the police, my mate didn't have the heart to tell them he wanted to go to bed as they had just done him for speeding, they left at 7am, (obviously the ticket was scrapped).

One rule for one and one for the other, pretty pathetic really but thats the way of the world i suppose.