Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Wakefield High Street, West Yorkshire

Wakefield

in the county of West Yorkshire

Castle Acre Priory

Castle Acre

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Animal Pictures

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Shirley K. Lawson
Shirley K. Lawson
Posted at 20:47 on 21st October 2009

We have two  around that look like the big dog above, neither are prone to showing teeth like that, one is matronly an "mother" type dog, an cancer survior now...and she's all black, the other one is cholocate brown lab....whom took to my male cat as an kitten, they have an friendship "understanding" now that they are both grown.You don't scratch me, I might kiss your ears for you an bit. That's about it.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ollytop
Ollytop
Posted at 23:10 on 21st October 2009

I mentioned muntjac the other day - well this morning we went out to pick up some more walnuts. We have dug the space under the tree ready to sow some grass, so the nuts show up really well, and of course, any footprints.  I also have two of my potted up trees standing on the edge of this space.  And what did I find - footprints and one of the trees has been pulled out of its pot.  MUNTJAC.  I shall have to put the dog back out for the winter so the deer gets used to the idea that dogs guard the growing things.  Oh dear.  I don't really want a muntjac on my plot in the spring!

Ollytop 

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 03:39 on 26th October 2009

As long as the muntjacs don't eat the dog.  lol.  I'd never seen a deer with  little canine tusks before.

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 03:41 on 26th October 2009

The sheep shots are my favorite, I think.

And it's really impossible to get a bad picture of N. Yorkshire.  Smile

Ollytop
Ollytop
Posted at 12:42 on 26th October 2009
On 26th October 2009 03:39, Ruth Gregory wrote:

As long as the muntjacs don't eat the dog.  lol.  I'd never seen a deer with  little canine tusks before.

The dog is made of chicken wire covered with an empty garden compost bag and some black video tae. The hollow of it's body is filled with this Lion Poo stuff, so it will get a bit of belly ache is it eats it!

These deer also make a devil of a racket - they are called Chinese Barking Deer. My friend had one in his garden and it got its head stuck in the trellis. Made rather a mess of the trellis and destroyed the plants! 

I love sheep - your picture is very peaceful.Smile 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 18:38 on 4th November 2009
Dear Ollytop (the cat that is), please don't wander into my garden!! See my post on 'Cats doing their business'......grrrrgh!
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
Posted at 17:07 on 1st January 2010

Lol! I love this one, isn't it precious? :-)

Dartmoor Pony
Picture by Elena Steers

Ollytop
Ollytop
Posted at 09:46 on 2nd January 2010

Hello Diana, Happy New Year to you! Your happy horse must have been taken at sunny times! We are frosted up here. Can't wait for spring.  Currently we have flocks of fieldfares and redwings eating the crabapples. Lovely sight.

King regards

Ollytop (lying on the back of the chair, practically on top of the radiator)

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
Posted at 18:50 on 2nd January 2010

Lol. Hello Ollytop! Yes, I too was wishing (as I sit here with the snow flying outside) for the warmer weather this chap seems to be enjoying.

Your description of Ollytop on the radiator reminds me of my cat, Cosette (no longer with us), of many years ago. When I first brought her home as a wee kitten she took to hiding in the furnace! Fortunately, it was summer and the gas was off. By the time winter came round she was over her hiding stage and it was no longer an issue, otherwise, I would have had a sizzle burger on my hands. Lol. 

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 02:29 on 1st February 2010

This one was on the home page slide show today - one of Jason's from way back when. 

Dosthill, Staffordshire
Picture by Jason T

It looks like some magic pony from a fairy tale.  Great shot, Jason.