Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Old Silk Mill Museum and the River Derwent, Derby

Derby

in the county of Derbyshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Things you're embarrassed to admit you like or liked:

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Gordon Eve-tatham
Gordon Eve-tatham
quotePosted at 16:30 on 25th January 2009

About 8 years on holiday in Crete my wife and I came across a naturist beach.  At that time though we were curious about naturism we had never tried it.  There were 3 other people on the beach a naked man and an older couple who were dressed but did not seem at all bothered.  We thought well why not and removed our swimsuits.  I would not have believed that simply taking off that last item of clothing could feel so good, we stayed naked on the beach for several hours.  A few more naked people came and a number of "textiles" passed unconcerned by.  Having broken our personal taboo we now regularly look out for clothing optional beaches on holiday and discard our costumes whenever we can; simply because it is so very much nicer than wearing a costume.  It saddens me that in the United Kingdom (especially North of Bristol Channel) there are scarcely any beaches where nudity is regarded as acceptable.  This point is echoed on naturist forums where of course everyone thinks it is OK.  I would like to know what your views are as non-naturists.

May be you have tried naturism and not found it exhilerating as we did.

You may have never tried it - well perhaps you should sometime you may be pleasantly surprised.

Alternatively you may regard the whole thing as improper.

As "textiles" if you unexpectedly came across a group of people naked on a beach where you were planning to spend some time on.

a)Phone the police

b)Discreetly go away

c)Stay but keep your distance and keep your clothes on.

d)Stay and get naked too.

I happen to like getting my kit off on the beach but I haven't told my friends, relatives or neighbours.  I really don't care who sees me as long as I don't know them and they don't mind.

Embarassed

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:27 on 25th January 2009
Hmmm, this should bring some interesting posts Gordon! Me? I have enough trouble getting dressed once a day let alone getting if off for the beach. Besides, that Diana and Sue might be peeking a look.
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 17:34 on 25th January 2009

My business partner is a naturist too Gordon - but his wife isn't! He loves the freedom! I was walking along Swanage beach about 23 years ago and came across the naturists. I felt very overdressed in a tee shirt and shorts!

Shirley K. Lawson
Shirley K. Lawson
quotePosted at 21:27 on 25th January 2009

We have one end of an beach up here, Rooster Rock State Park, that is set aside for nudists. When we had our backyard pool and it was very hot and the water very warm in the black of night, we use to go swimmin in the nude, the water felt good, almost like bathtub water back then. You felt so much cooler on an hot and sticky night coming out of it. I'd propably go away descrettly and leave someone to enjoy thier nature, and it is "healing" to lie naked to the sunshine on your body...I can rememer we had this old colored nurse's aide way back when she'd let her patients lie in thier beds in front of an open window on warm mornings, noneof her patients had skin problems in old age either...were much generally healither also. For the sake of the small children, I'd prefer it to be done in private though. If your an kid and never went through the underwear section of  an clotheing catalouge and not snickered, you must be some protected kid. Kind of like the Plastic woman at the local sciencemuseum the boys could hardly wait and snicker about her...it'spart of growing up perhaps.

Bob T
Bob T
quotePosted at 21:30 on 25th January 2009
If I took my clothes off I would look like I was wearing a full-length fur coat.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 22:16 on 25th January 2009
Swimming in the nude is wonderful! I've only ever done it twice, but it was so good, hard to explain really, just a really super feeling.
Gives Up! '
Gives Up! '
quotePosted at 22:47 on 25th January 2009
On 25th January 2009 21:30, Bob T wrote:
If I took my clothes off I would look like I was wearing a full-length fur coat.

SurprisedSealed Too much information....(still funny though)

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 23:16 on 25th January 2009
On 25th January 2009 22:16, Sue H. wrote:
Swimming in the nude is wonderful! I've only ever done it twice, but it was so good, hard to explain really, just a really super feeling.

A lady I once worked with for many years also enjoyed swimming nude and when she and her husband go to Portugal on their holidays, always use the naturist beaches as, after a few days of Mediteranean sun and sea water, her psoriesis disappears only to return agian comming back to England. Within about 40 minutes drive or less of here, there's four council swimming pools that have swimming sessions for naturists.

Abbey House Gardens in Malmesbury is owned by a naturist couple, and in 2005, took the step of having a few clothes optional days, and since have been having 5 or 6 days a year where visitors are allowed to go nude if they wish which the majority of visitors do seem to choose to do. We've met 5 or 6 people there we know and find to out that we're both naturists quite by chance, isn't the dreadful experience some think it will be.

Gordon Eve-tatham
Gordon Eve-tatham
quotePosted at 07:29 on 26th January 2009

Such encouraging responses.  I can fully understand individual reluctance and shyness but you all appear to think that going nude is a healthy and enjoyable option.  Remember naturists do not all have "attractive" bodies, they come in the same shapes, size and ages as the rest of us.  Paul mentioned the term "clothing optional" which simply means that it is your choice to go nude or dressed as long you don't care whether others are nude or not they will feel the same about you.  I would strongly recommend that if it is only shyness which stops you, you should take the plunge in an appropriate setting.  You will feel self conscious at first but within a minute you will feel relaxed and wonder why you never did it before.  All the "naturist" (official or otherwise) beaches in Britain are clothing optional and you will see groups or couples where not everyone is naked.  Personally I would like the option at quieter times in public swimming pools but that is not likely; you have to pay a hefty premium for naturist only sessions much more than the standard admission charge.

As Sue H. commented swimming in the nude is infinitely nicer that with a costume.  Shirley you have summed up the benefits beautifully, it is such a shame you and others are letting your inhibitions spoil your pleasure.

So I take it referring back my original post that none of you would phone the police and some of you may even go nude yourselves.

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 13:31 on 26th January 2009
I have no problem with naturist in principal, but it's definitely not my cup of tea. LOL!Smile