Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Heage Windmill, Derbyshire

Heage

in the county of Derbyshire

Tunbridge Wells

Tunbridge Wells

in the county of Kent

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Is London a boring and sleeping city?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 08:26 on 4th May 2012
Like most capital cities, London has much to offer, but property prices are such that the average UK citizen cannot afford to live in the centre. For the tourist with money to spend, there is a huge variety of shows, concerts and eating places to enjoy. There are also many zero-cost ways of enjoying London, with its huge variety of historic buildings, free museums and parks. Many of the interesting places are within easy walking distance of each other. There are plenty of opportunities for the tourist photographer, with so many iconic views to explore, but security  is high in London  (even more so because of the Olympics) so the photographer should be aware of this when taking pictures of sensitive buildings. Having said that, the law on photography in the UK allows anyone to take a photograph in a public place, so generally tourists have no problems.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
jc
jc
quotePosted at 02:21 on 18th May 2012

Good Evening! I think London would be a exciting historic city to see ethridge of the country! Enjoy the day!

Julia

Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 08:36 on 18th May 2012

London is a huge place, especially to a person like me from a much smaller city. Certainly, the best way to see it is to leave your car well away, as the tube is easy and, well goes everywhere. It's not boring at all. I go there avery couple of years probably and enjoy it, but as for living there, I'd need some more in the coffers!

Please login to post to this thread...