Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Stained Glass Church Window

Berkeley

in the county of Gloucestershire

The old Co-operative Society buildings at Ripley, Derbyshire.

Ripley

in the county of Derbyshire

Lake Rudyard, Nr Leek, Staffordshire

Rudyard

in the county of Staffordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Now David Beckham promotes fast food!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 20:22 on 17th April 2012

evening rob---how are you keeping these days.

dont you mean off a texas longhornWink

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Rob Faleer
Rob Faleer
quotePosted at 20:47 on 17th April 2012
On 17th April 2012 20:22, james prescott wrote:

evening rob---how are you keeping these days.

dont you mean off a texas longhornWink

Evening James--Doing very well, thanks! And you are absolutely correct about the longhorns, although in Texas if you want a steak, state law requires you to "wrassle it to the ground" first! Much safer sneaking up on a parsnip or bunch of chard, if you ask me, though Japanese eggplant is prone to turn on you if you are not careful!Tongue out
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 22:26 on 17th April 2012

He probably rings the necks of chickens being an Texas Longhorn kind of guy. they say it's an erotic "high" the kids get these days in stranglingly themselves..if they don't die in the process.

I'm like the Indians...if there'a any left...in waiting for the return of the buffalo herds...as one big buffalo can feed the whole tribe, it's meat is the leaner then cattle..and has more protein....and the Hopi have an great idea...they keep small goats...not only for milk and cheese, but one of them will do you for meat also for an week...along with growing chickens for eggs and meat...and feather beds....neither need any refrigertaion either...but if you have an cold running creek nearby, put it in an huge jar and put on an stopper and tie into the creek water...or canning equitpment..... you can keep the  leftovers.....dogs like them also. henceforth the term James...Get along little doggies".

In reality...I don't buy much meat these days...it's mostly small pieces of it... say like in taco's...angel hair pasta with chicken chunks in it...chili.....and the veggitarians keep growing in the  family with every food price hike.. I don't buy much of any cheese unless its the ultra thin sliced Swiss or "fat free" stuff....but I do like cheese...have made LOTS of grilled cheese sandwhiches in my day for the little kids. I also use fat free milk. Eggs are cholestrol free...and rely more on olive oil and not margerine or butter...have about given up making goodies here at the house with the kids gone. when I do, I buy one portion sizes if possible. Fat free salad dressing also. You have to let it set an day, but green beans, kidney beans, and chick pea..or garbonzo beans...two cans of green beans to one can of the other two with fat free italian dressing to cover,, some small green onions to taste and let it marinate and that's pretty good....quite tangy and it mellows out as it sets. Summertime salad. If you must have some kind fo meat...you can keep the price of it down by "stuffing " it...with say green/red peppers and onions. then add your A-1 sauce on the top of the whole works. I do that with chicken also. I know an fine restruant here in town...use to put an layer of hash browns under an thin steak and top it off with an mushroom/gravy....big green salad on the side. I like as kaboobs also..pieces of lobster tail and chunks of beef "grilled" on the BBQ and topped over golden rice. Two skewers...three beef chunks to two lobster tail...and don't forget the butter sauce and the beef sauce on the side for dipping. Some good ideas for the good days coming ahead maybe. I have an lot of receipes for making veggie burgers.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 22:34 on 17th April 2012

hi there shirley you ok??   no grouse men on to-night.

hows the posum trade over there?Smile

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 16:59 on 18th April 2012
Thanks Shirley for the info about Calcium I have taken your advice
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 19:35 on 18th April 2012

Yes, I feel like I got wrestled with electricity though recently...ugh!Pain going away...feeling better today.

You don' t have to take just my advice Peggy..just look it up...if you don't like eating...they have an green powder out now at most health food stores that you drink for your green foods summpliment in vitamins. Add some to white rice. Top it with veggies.

Hi James.....how's the posum trade?...not very well... as I can't say they are one of my favorite animals.  Killed my duck out back one day...realy sad event. Her mate stood at her side cooing her, with his head over hers.. until she died... she lifted her wings up in the air and let her duckie soul get released. By then I was crying my eyes out. The possum had bitten half way through her neck defending her eggs that she was sitting on to hatch. It to was "roadkill" within the week. We have an high fatality rate on wildlife animals in these parts. Something has to die.... in order for something else to live. That inclludes veggies also.

I am watching this morning people that live in glass houses...most of them have ceilings about 30 feet up...one guy decorated his ceiling with very colorful "kites"...the new fancy type that are more rectangled shape and in very vibrant colors...look like they are made out of silk. Can you imagine having breakfast seeing them above your head...all these houses were built high up with fantastic views...mostly of lakes or the ocean...one guy had his house "bolted" into the side of an cliff...just to make sure it would stay put if anything rattled it.. Had huge patio's to go out an eat breakfast on also...fire pits...made you feel like you were in an different land and over everything in it. You could see straight them them for the most part. Only thing you couldn't see into from the outside was the bathroom. Don't know if I'd like that in my bedroom but many of them had onewall in the house that kind of reflected an bit of privacy An treehouse might be nice. So much for breakfast this morning.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 20:26 on 18th April 2012

...through them....you can see straight through them. Wonder how they kept all the glass spectacularly clean to look out of though. My son had an freind lives in the hills to my south...they had an picture window looked straight at Mt. Hood...with snow on the mountain it looked bigger and closer....like you could open the window and touch it.... Awesome. Still not sure I'd go for hanging over the side that much everday just for the view.

Cinnamon Baked Beans...in an Dutch Oven...10 inch Dutch oven

Use 6 hot coals..."BBQ brickets" on bottom, about 1/2 inch from edge......Use 14 coals on the lid...ring the edge.

3 15 oz. cans of pork and beans...they now come in vegetarian style....1/3 cup of chopped onion, very fine ..2 level teaspoons cinnamon.....1/4 cup of molasses....1/2 cup of dark Karo Syrup

Mix together and pour into the Dutch oven...add the coals on top and bake about 1/1/2 hours..

Tri-colored stuffed Peppers....you can also do this in an Dutch Oven

Get two yellow peppers..two red peppers...and two green peppers.cut off tops and clean insides out...place in an baking dish...in seaparate pans...make one box of spanish rice...stuff into the  red pepper, box box of macaroni and cheese...stuff into the yellowpepper, and one box of herbed stuffing mix, and place in the green pepper...bake 25 minutes in an 350 degree oven an dserve with the beans above...you should be able to cut each pepper in half if you want...for  an variety of each kind of the pepper...cover lightly with foil on top if it dries out to much.

350 degrees in an Dutch Oven...10 inch..top coals 14..bottom 6...12 in Dutch...16 top coals..8 bottom...14 in Dutch...18 top coals and 10 bottom coals.  Preheat your coals in an metal container and then pick up with tongs and place them for dutch oven cooking. You can also use an metal pan add some sand...and cook in it also. You can also dig an hole in the ground...cook in it. It is easier to use one of these if your on an day outting then hauling along an BBQ. I gaveyou the 350 degree chart as most prepared cake mixes can be baked this way also. Use an trivet under your cake mix to bake it in it's own slightly small round cake pan.  Top with fruit filling...instant pudding mixed up and top with canned whip cream while slightly warm. Cherry filling, Apple filling, Blueberry filling, Banana pudding, Choclate pudding, Coconut pudding or Butterscotch are some of the suggestions. You could also top it with some kind of " trail mix" with nuts for something different also. Or amke an small campers desert buffet on an picnic table and let everyone put their own topping on and whatever else they might like. Vegetarian Dinner guys and gals...that little kids will actually eat with not to much of an problem. Cut the peppers in quarters for little kids..so they look like "boats"and add an square piece of paper through an long tootpick and place it in the little boats. If they don't like stuffing...put green beans in the green pepper...and if the spanish rice is to hot...put instant mashed potatoes in the red pepper and sprinkle paparika on top.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 20:30 on 18th April 2012
are you taking any boarders shirley??any time in july.Smile
 Please login to post to this thread...