Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St Helen's Church, Tarporley

Tarporley

in the county of Cheshire

Surfers at sunset

Croyde

a Picturesque Village in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Bob Diamond - Head of Barclays is Laughing!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

quote | editPosted at 09:35 on 3rd July 2012

Well said Ron.  I did not make my comment very clear.  By "establishment" I meant the wrong doers at the Downing Street branch of "corruption is us", not just Barclays bank !

Busy now. Have closed the bank account and digging up floorboards to hide my folding.  Its safer. Well it would be if I had any ! 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 09:49 on 3rd July 2012

I am seriously looking at saving a few pennies with a local Credit Union rather than a high-street bank. The money is used for loans to local people who might not otherwise be eligible for loans from the banks. There are no share-holders, only members, who have to live locally. And there are no chairmen paid obscene amounts of money. It might even have Mick's approval ! See the link below for more info

http://www.abcul.org/home

Edited by: Edward Lever at:3rd July 2012 09:50
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:50 on 3rd July 2012
For what it's worth, I approve Edward and I think a lot of people will be going the same way!
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 12:35 on 3rd July 2012
Yes, Ron, glad you agree.....I think that this may be a way forward to counteract the greed of the high-street banks. I think Credit Unions are a good idea, provided of course they don't get corrupted by big bank mentality.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:42 on 3rd July 2012
You mean by employing former Bank Managers? Lets hope not!

quote | editPosted at 17:39 on 3rd July 2012

I am disgusted by the treatment dished out to Bob Diamond and all the nasty comments.

This fine gentleman has been forced out of a job to face a life of unemployment and despair, he did say that he was not aware of anything affecting the running of our respected banks.

Thanks to all the bad feeling it seems that he is now jobless and will only get £30M severance.  Poor sod. 

Please give all you can to help those in need.  For a donation of just £10 a week you will bring some joy to those who have suffered a fall from grace.  Send your donations to :

Help The Disgraced Bankers, MP's & Dodgy Establishment People. 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 18:51 on 3rd July 2012

I belong to an credit union..dad got me started there back in 1966..when I got out of high school...rest the family has left it...but it's the only place I can keep my "property taxes" to be paid every year for the house here that no one can touch..of my Social Security Check...yes, an thing my husband has me doing...and if he hadn't done this to me, he'd be in an newer small Suv that would of been paid for in cash last year...as he lied to me and told me he was saving money for the Property taxes...I barely made it in time to pay them.. I don't know what to do with him when he won't stay on an budget, borrows against our house, and doesn't tell me the truth about finances. My dad bailed him out before when he was younger...my dad's not around...he passed on. My brother James is another one that doesn't "tell all" so as to say. I pray every year to not be "homeless" because of the guy's in the family. When the banks fail, we will be living off the land...if possible. Most of it is owned by someone else these days also. I don't want to think of it in the years ahead..but it's an rela possibilty...and yes, if these bankers can find away..they raise interest rates we can't afford, they do all kinds of crap under the wire of scrutiny. Thing are hard now..but wait if the market goes down...people will probably blame them and go after them with guns to kill them...there will be no place on earth they will be safe. ..that includes underground also. It will be an thing of it's own in ways. Instead of helping people be solvent...they are acting like little childish kids out for revenge on the very people they need to do business with them. I think that's why most people dont' care if they hate them these days...they put themsleves in an world of their own.

Please login to post to this thread...