Dalton-in-Furness

in the county of Cumbria

Minehead Lifeboat Station

Minehead

a Seaside Town in the county of Somerset

Winchester Cathedral in Snow

Winchester

in the county of Hampshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

48% of Brits want to Emigrate Overseas

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 02:08 on 17th July 2012

Well, here some news for you to tell your people wanting to come over here, even for an visit...Http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/07/13 mexican-drug-cartels-spreading-influence-graphic/

This is not something we want to see going on, Mexico seems unable to stop it...and I understand from an gal tht wrote an bookon and was on "coast to coast" they have one of thier men in the top office of our justice department....where that so said person can do as he pleases. It won't be stopped until people stop using it and thinking it's OK, because everyone does it these days..."BS" theyare also into the Native American "cascino's" from what I understand, they start out telling them they will help them with their debts and make them into slaves...literally...like most of us think of "slaves" in the by-gone eras. Bush never did an thing about our border control, and it's an bit late for all those following since then. But ti starts with the people....the people have to refuse to buy it. That will be hard if your an addict on something...and they hone in on the young kids also... they are ruining their lives.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 03:20 on 17th July 2012

People have all kinds of reasons for wanting to move, I guess.  But I agree with Jason and Peggy.  England is great, despite all the problems.  And there are problems everywhere.  I wouldn't want to ever move permanently away from the U.S., but I'd love to spend a year in England some time, just to experience the 4 seasons and see a lot more of the gorgeous British Isles.  They always say the grass is greener somewhere else, but it really IS greener over there.  lol

jc
jc
quotePosted at 16:21 on 18th July 2012

Good Morning! In the USA among friends want to travel upon Britain to explore the opportunity to be upon pleasant of the citizens! Enjoy the day!

Julia

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 22:40 on 19th July 2012
The grass is always greener on the other side until you get there!!
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 22:46 on 19th July 2012
Hehehe Cathy ..... the grass is always greener on the other side because that is where the .......... manure has fallen!!
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 18:26 on 20th July 2012

That's true Cathy! Manure works wonders!! My dad used to tell me when he was a little boy visiting his uncle's dairy farm that he would walk barefoot through the manure. He used to tell us that it would make us grow and that it would cure athlete's feet!! LOL I have not been to the farm since 1991. I sure miss it. Was a magical place for me.

My brother has 80.9 acres and rents a lot of it to a farmer. He just spread turkey manure a couple weeks ago. While visiting not only was the fragrance intoxicating but the bugs were at a max! I got bit up and down my legs. I looked worse than a pincushion. Tongue out 

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 18:31 on 20th July 2012

you cant beat a bit of good ol muck to clear the ol nostrils outWink

hello cathy          you ok?

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 22:36 on 20th July 2012
Never did me any harm......many, many years agoe when i was but a little lad, i was staying on my uncle and aunties far. One day my cousin and I had played at rounding the cows up for milking and gort them into the various sheds and stalls. Being the clever little prat i was , i was walking along checking all the milking gear was properly attached to the cows 'just like uncle Ted did'. I thought i was the bees knees. But a cow a couple of stalls ahead lifted it's tail and at that time i didn't know exactly what it meant ! ! ! !  Well., needless to say a few seconds later i was covered, lierally, from head to toe in what makes things grow......Uncle and cousin were helpless laughing, i was almost in tears and then a few minutes later was standing outside the farmhouse kitchen door as naked as the day i was born with Uncle Ted hosing me down...... along with my clothes so that auntie could wash them for me. But as I say it didn't do me any harm. In fact looking back we had some great times on that farm. Kids these days don't have a clue.....
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 23:44 on 20th July 2012

Hi James! I'll be okay. Seems there is always something happening to get me down. I am trying to convince myself that it is all muck and to forget about it and just take care of me! Very hard task for me since I like taking care of everyone else! Smile

Dave, you really made me laugh. How embarrassing when you are just a lad but they sure were the good old days. People were more cordial to one another and there were morals and values and even manners! It was rare to see anyone getting divorced. Nowadays, you are lucky to find a couple still married and happy together. Kids run amuck and tell their parents what to do. The parents don't have time for the kids. Family used to mean something and the members therein all did things together. I miss those days. 

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 00:07 on 21st July 2012
Yes Cathy, how right you are. That was the best part of 50 years ago and i would gladly go back to those times, albeit with one or two modern luxuries. I would want to have my cameras, my computer and the knowledge i have now. Possibly one or two other 'niceties' there but it was great time to be kid. we went on holiday to my grandparents place and my sister and i would go out after breakfast, usually in separate directions out onto the fells, come back to the house for lunch, back out again all afternoon and back for tea. Even in the rain we would go out, it was something you just did then. No one ever worried about our safety. Wouldn't dare have done that with our kids......such is the sad world we live in today. Sometimes really worry for what my grandchildren are gonna have to face. They will never now freedom like we did in those wondeful days so long ago.