Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

I think I must have 'Wo-Man Syndrome'

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 18:50 on 10th June 2013

Well, I don' t think my hubby hurt me intentionally either and he knew it the minute if happened that he did an "no-no"...but you know I also bought an new metal shed out back, and if he'd listen to me and do as I asked, he'd have an tool shed all of his own with an outside overhang beside it to do woodworking with. Kind of an small mini carport/patio covering, it would keep his projects "dry" if he needed more room while working on them. that has been my intention ever since we bought this house...to have the working part of it in the backyard..where at times we can lock the side fences to leave things less likely to be interferred with. Plus he could drive wright up next to it for unloading heavy things, such as paint cans for instance. Tools he might maybe nedd to rent. But I have to have him "listen" to mein order to do these things. It would also take him helping to make it happen also. I thought it would also be an great idea for when he's retired fully and needs something to do...at his own leisure. I have for an long time now buying up craft books on carving, scroll saws projects, toys for kids, bird houses, picnic tables, painting in general  crafts..most are small projects, some you do an little at a time. I think we need to explain to him that he can't be hiking in the Scouts "forever" ....but maybe he could help them in other ways.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 03:31 on 3rd July 2013
On 3rd June 2013 16:44, Ron Brind wrote:

What am I referring to, well I will detail it shortly of course, but I can't help wondering if it has happened or is happening to any other male throughout the POE membership.

So here goes:

The washing machine finishes it's cycle and the dear lady isn't around so I hang the washing on the line. She arrives home, looks out the kitchen window saying nothing, walks to the line and starts pegging it differently. It's either in the wrong place, upside down, pegged in the wrong place, not facing into the wind, too close to the bush etc.

In the past I have ironed clothes for her, folded them up and put them in the airing cupboard only to find that she sneaks a look and moves them into different heaps eg; Pillow cases here, sheets there, table cloths...grrrrgh!

But it gets worse because I can't even fold the b...y bath towels correctly for her. They have to be folded a particular way! For me in half and then half again, once more to get them to a reasonable size seems reasonable, but oh no not for Mrs b.....y pernickety!

This morning I emptied the dishwasher after it had done it's business. Put the plates in the cupboard (in the wrong order of course), the cups in the cupboard in the wrong place (because we use these cups more than those) now I'm really getting ***** **!

I pull the b....y curtains or turn the vertical blinds whilst she's out and the first thing she does when she comes in is adjust them "because I like them like that" grrrrrrrrgh!

Do any of you other blokes suffer this way and is there a POE lady out there that would like a 'house trained man'?

God bless Anna! We are two peas in a pod, she and I. I can't wait to meet her in person. I do EXACTLY the same things. 

Ron, the problem is not with Anna, the problem is that she's been trying to teach you by example for - how many decades - and you still don't get it? Not the brightest bulb in the box are you?  ;-D

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 03:43 on 3rd July 2013
On 4th June 2013 23:11, Ron Brind wrote:
! I have been showing Anna what I have written and what has been said and her response was "If you don't like it mate, go find somebody else". Now what sort of Wo-Man is that?

Thinks........wish I hadn't said anything now! lol

Anna, Anna, she's our saint if she can't do it Ron sure cain't! :-D
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:39 on 3rd July 2013

Yeah, you'll be really welcome when you arrive here next time Diana!

Have to admit, tears of laughter running down my face reading this again this morning.

Nice to see you back regularly Diana.

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 12:01 on 3rd July 2013

Tears of laughter, Ron? Are you sure those aren't tears of pain as Anna wins yet another round of one upmanship?! 😉😄

Seriously, it's nice to be back amongst the friends here at POE.😊

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 12:23 on 3rd July 2013
Nice to have you backWink
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:20 on 3rd July 2013

Thinks........should have thrown her in the lake up at the Kilns when I had the chance!

That's all I need, another female 'Wo-man' watching my every move and agreeing with Anna!

And what do you mean nice to have her back James I thought you were my mate? I'll be writing to you privately to see if I can encourage you to change your mind. (Have to admit their lovely really) but I will hide that comment.

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 17:42 on 3rd July 2013
Who else have you pushed into that lake, Ron? Come to think of it, has anyone seen the other CS Lewis site's owner around lately?😉😄
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:17 on 3rd July 2013

I think my only mistake was not pushing you in and walking away. At least you wouldn't have met 'that other bloke' grrrrrgh! You wait until I see him, he's got a lot to answer to for nicking my girl like that!

You tell him he better look after you or I'll be over there to sort him out! On the other hand, perhaps he would like to go see the lake up at the Kilns? lol

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 20:29 on 3rd July 2013

Ah! Then I would be the lady in the lake. Just think, I could then wield a sword and skewer you for Anna.😉

I am definitely hoping to make it to England soon and of course I'll bring my man. Don't you worry, I'll be keeping you posted!