Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Margate in the evening light. Kent. April 2006

Margate

a Seaside Town in the county of Kent

Bay at New Polzeath in early evening. Walk left on Beach for just yards to Polzeath.

New Polzeath

in the county of Cornwall

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Oh dear, Japan threatens to leave the UK if we leave Europe!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 00:43 on 22nd July 2013

I wonder If that would work for getting an few illegal hispancis going back where they sneaked over the border from...hum.

Everyone is in sad shape these days...but our abilty to have low cost ideas is what has caused it all...worldwide pretty much....and perhaps one of Japan's greatest assets these days...no competiton in the market. It's true that the hispanics got the upper hand here also because they work for next to nothing...where we are made to live individually...they ususally gang up with those big families and share expenses....Hispanic kids we knew at one time had 17 brothers and sisters. Of course when they all went into the welfare payout and benifits of our Govt...that put us in the hole even further. Like everything else..there's an bad imbalance in things these days. If one sector goes down the tube..the rest follow...such as the case in Europe.  Hope you find an solution to it all..we haven't as of yet.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:19 on 22nd July 2013

They get up to all sorts of things don't they, even down to changing our weather pattern.

Only the other day it was raining Datsun Coggs! lol

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 09:27 on 22nd July 2013
By gum Ron a bit sharp this morning mate-not like youLaughing
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:29 on 22nd July 2013
Yu tryin ta sa im fick or summat, innit?

Edited by: Ron Brind at:22nd July 2013 11:00
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:32 on 22nd July 2013

You're right, joking about it won't make it go away John, but saying nothing won't either, so better a joke or two that reaches the public in my opinion.

You say>>> I was a shopkeeper for 37 years and 2 subjects do not get discussed Politics &  Religion, so I have broken one of my rules

Why not? It has to be discussed or we wouldn't have a Tory Goverment.

Stop talking by order of umm, err, well just stop talking! lol

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 19:53 on 22nd July 2013

Least I remind you...during 9/11 and the trade center going down, it was the Japanese that stepped in an helped us recouperate money wise...that was an banking building, with many people there serving the entire world.....had they not done it..we would of filed bankruptcy back then and there. Kind of like Detroit, Michigan did ..to the tune of some 31 Billion dollars. One our problems in seeing CEO's get their bog bomus checks, and in our helping to bail some of these people out is...what have they done to help the situation by what they are doing... to make things better? Housing industry found an cheap way to take homes from others and leave them homeless. You could say the years they have paid off these homes, bankers  pocketed the money and made even more re-selling them. Pretty much the same thing by not rolling back credit card interest. Thye sen tout all kinds of cards for an introductory low rate..but then after an small limited time of that..raised the interest rate even higher yet. Many small businesses start out there first five years in debt before they make an profit..and they often live off credit card allowances. That is WHY places like Detroit..couldn't make it without the auto industry as thesepeople had no way to create their own jobs if they tried. Our town here one year waved store leases to try to get people back in town and new businesses started. But as I said...they claim the first5 years of opening an small business is pure debts before it levelsout and they over come them...or go "belly up" and out of business. Only the big busness chains that have dramatically cut back are still in business these days...and many towns where they are located don't have many people earning an income to turn around and spend because of those cut backs. Business is an art of balancing the books to take some calculated risks and hope you can overcome them. In the case of my hubby's old employer...he didn't over come them and had to sell the nursery. He went into house building instead in Bend, Oregon. His "ex" wife walked out the door in an divorce taking quite a few of his assets also I might add in the process.

Please login to post to this thread...