Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Oakham

Oakham

in the county of Rutland

Leigh-on-Sea, Essex. Fishing boat in Old Leigh.

Leigh-on-Sea

a Seaside Town in the county of Essex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Are you using Google Chrome?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 17:47 on 16th August 2013
Free, now I like the sound of that Ron Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:57 on 16th August 2013
Don't hold your breath I can't find it for the time being, but it exists. When I find it I will post the information for you.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 18:57 on 16th August 2013

There are quite a few 'password managers' around John although I have never used one. i tend to have one basic password which is a certain run of numbers and i just vary occassionally. Maybe type the entire 9 digit sequence as it is or sometimes change one of the digits, say    7     and write    seven    instead. That way you get a variety of numbers and letters and any which advise you the 'strength' of your pass word will usually indicate 'strong'

For example.... suppose you used password    345678910   (not that it would wise to use that specific one!!!)  you could vary it in several ways such as  3four5678910 ..... 34five678nine10  and so on. In effect you only have to remember one basic password with a few minor variants now and again. I ain't the brightest spark in the fire when it comes to remembering passwords but that works for me....

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 19:03 on 16th August 2013
On 16th August 2013 10:38, Ron Brind wrote:

I received yet another email from the same source today explaining that it's not only Chrome that is affected. Firefox is another, but again part of the email that makes most sense is copied here for your information. It reads...

The hackers use compromised websites to display a warning telling you that your version of Firefox is out of date (regardless of what version you are actually using) and prompting you to download an updated version.

If you do so, you end up with the malware infected version of Firefox on your system.

The solution is to only ever download Firefox from legitimate locations. The best place is the main Mozilla website:

www.mozilla.org/en-US/

The real version of Firefox will never come packed with malware infections and is quite safe. And, if you have Firefox installed on your system already, it will be configured to automatically update itself when a new version becomes available, so you don't need to download updated versions.

I never update from an e-mail.......far too risky. Read what the e-mail says and what update number it is saying you will update to, then go to the specific programmes home site and check their latest update version against the current version you are running and download from there if necessary.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:57 on 16th August 2013

Thats the safest way John.

Just don't update ever from a pop-up because thats where the problem starts.

And yes Dave you are correct in what you say, for safety sake.

Please login to post to this thread...