Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Bournemouth Pier and beach. Dorset

Bournemouth

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

POE RULES GOOGLE!!!!!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:37 on 15th August 2013

I think you make a valid point there Mike because Google is about finding information, and yes Dave does add a good description even if I do have edit out millions of exclamation marks, full stops and spelling mistakes! lol

I think it might depend on how much Grouse he has consumed!!!!!!!!

See all those exclamation marks, that's what Dave does so now you realize how lucky you are in not seeing them.

Hope he won't be rude to me now on fb and block me. lol

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 11:20 on 15th August 2013

If I google places I will get some pics of mine which I put on Suffolk Website  many years ago also that site has been closwd for years and  the pictures had no details except for where they were   very oddFrownLaughing

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 11:56 on 15th August 2013
Well, I have googled Lowestoft images, there were very many but one in particular I felt sure was mine but no mention of poe nor my name, I checked it against my poe pic and yes it was mine, then I found it just had my user name, what do you think of that Ron ???
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:08 on 15th August 2013

Can you let me know where it is Peggy; is somebody else claiming it belongs to them?

If somebody else is using your picture, without your permission they need to be sorted out!

It should act as a reminder to us all that you need to be very careful what you do on the world wide web, which echoes what Edward is saying in another post.

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 12:16 on 15th August 2013
On 15th August 2013 09:37, Ron Brind wrote:

I think you make a valid point there Mike because Google is about finding information, and yes Dave does add a good description even if I do have edit out millions of exclamation marks, full stops and spelling mistakes! lol

I think it might depend on how much Grouse he has consumed!!!!!!!!

See all those exclamation marks, that's what Dave does so now you realize how lucky you are in not seeing them.

Hope he won't be rude to me now on fb and block me. lol

I do not have FB nor do I intend have FB but might just create one simply so that I can be unbelievably rude to you and be able to experience the pleasure of blocking you .....^^^&&*&^^%$"!"

As to splellungs and related comments, i don't touch the Grouse when i'm doing photos....so there!!!!........!!!!!!!!!!!! *********** !"£$%^&*()

But since you whinged recently about it i hope you have seen a marked decline in such irresponsible activities for which I profusely apologise......that is if you believe me, what with me being in the transport industry !!!!!.........*****************

MikeT
MikeT
quotePosted at 12:19 on 15th August 2013
I'm not saying that your pictures won't come up on Google image search Peggy, but they stand more chance of appearing if information as been added
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 12:34 on 15th August 2013
It is a very odd one this. I have tried several other locations for which I have a number of pics on POE and as indicated earlier nowhere near the same result. In some instances have to trawl through quite a few images to get to a POE entry!! Beats me !!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:34 on 15th August 2013

LOL@Dave.

Anna's asking "what are you laughing at"? I really am sat here laughing my 'yeah well' off!

Bump, bump....hey what was that just bouncing along the floor? lol

Actually you say there has been a marked decline and I did notice that funnily enough. Maybe because it's quite a relief not to have to do anything to the description, correct typo's among other things. Not specifically yours Dave, but as I go through every image and every description submitted it does help when the text is correct.

Sometimes it's a bit of a challenge and I even have to Google the title to get information to make the correction, but I have edited and/or looked at so many now that I pretty well know if its correct or not.

I see pictures on the television and know instantly where they are thanks to you good people.

Thinks....better look out for a fb non de plume, it could be him! lol

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 12:51 on 15th August 2013

Best be on your guard now mate.....the gauntlet has been thrown!!

In all seriousness it is good that we can have a laugh about it

My teachers always said ' Must try harder'

The wife says I am very trying

Maybe i should give up trying...........

And just keep submitting photos cos I'm getting the hang of what you all like now so am TRYING to give you what you want..... 

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 14:23 on 15th August 2013
OK thats fine the picture in question was from years ago on BBC Suffolk Website, apparently that site like my pics better than poe because I found others also LOL