Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Tower of St. Clements Church, Leigh-on-Sea, Essex

Leigh-on-Sea

a Seaside Town in the county of Essex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "50"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 45 Next >

Sue H
Sue H
Posted at 22:47 on 6th December 2013

Wow! 50 Good Day threads. Can you believe it. 

We're waiting for Peggy to check in. Hope she hasn't been hit too hard by the storm.

Where are you, Peggy?  

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
Posted at 22:55 on 6th December 2013

Just  5 mins left to say hope this day has been OK for you and for tomorrow may it be even better
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:56 on 7th December 2013
Good Morning to all--yes Sue they dont half fly over Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 10:45 on 7th December 2013

For some reason can't seem to sleep tonight...boys room full of Christmas decorations, one grandson took my bed and fell asleep and the other took his older sister's room and fell to sleep..they both are going on the Scout Food drive tomarrow...and I heard there mother say my son and her were going also, but it's suppose to be like 16 degrees tonight and again not get over freezing tomarrow...so I wonder how long they will be at this event. Usually when I can't sleep like this there's about to be something happening..ususally an quake...but it's so cold it could be just that right now..the weather.  Hubby opened up the doors under the sink tonight and we have the furnace an bit higher then ususal at night also, to help keep our pipes from freezing. Clear as an bell out tonight also, with stars twinkling. Did manage to go shopping today and have seveal  Christmas trays ready for delivering. Two fo cookies and one of fruit. Shrubs look all thightend up or dried up outside trying to cope also. The snow we had is real fine dry powdered type snow..it blows off very easily on your car as you drive it down the road...no moisture in it hardly at all. Wierd for these parts. I go for now and try to sleep, I'm on the sofa tonight.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 10:46 on 7th December 2013
Peggy..out there?.....
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 11:27 on 7th December 2013

Good morning everyone Smile

I'm getting a bit worried about Peggy, the area where she lives got hit hard with the storm and the tidal surge. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 13:10 on 7th December 2013
I have sent Peggy a pm but had no reply Frown
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 13:18 on 7th December 2013

Could be she's without internet James. I'm having trouble with a couple of web sites not opening since the storm, I gettting 'server not responding' messages. Funny though if I take my phone outside away from the wireless network it picks the sites up over 3G Undecided

I'll have a look if there's been any activity from her on Flickr. 

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 13:45 on 7th December 2013
James I've sent you a PM.
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
Posted at 13:54 on 7th December 2013

Hi poers Thank you James for e mail very thoughtfull of you well things have been rather problomatic plus very bad heads, but i have to do my shopping on the int so therefore I have not done much computing otherwise, but things are improving thank goodness and yes Ruth my int does keep playing up as well, but we will never get our homes flooded as we live on a hill, but the town was flooded and the train stood in water at the station, no trains are running out of Lowestoft, my grandson of 18 was knee deep in water, I will put some pics on of the Friday morning, I will try and do a bit more now things have settled down a bit, thank you to those who asked after me, bless you

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 45 Next >