Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Half-timbered shops in Leominster, Herefordshire

Leominster

in the county of Herefordshire

The cottage hospital now a museum in Llanberis, North Wales.

Llanberis

in the county of Gwynedd

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

I've donated to help save POE

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:30 on 4th March 2014
You may well be right on the pictures front page Dave, I don't know and thanks for your contribution, as with all other regulars (well some anyway)
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 19:49 on 4th March 2014

No problem Ron, i remember going through it all 3 years ago and we succeeded then, but where are all the members who donated then and became premier members. I fear there are a lot of folk lying low with General Election attitude I mentioned in another thread somewhere. You know the one, 'I couldn't be bothered to vote, but my vote won't make a difference', but in this case a donation will make a difference.

It's just a case of HOW do we reach them.

I appreciate there is a mass mail being planned and that it has to worded carefully. But some consciences and arses need to be well and truly kicked. I just sincerely hope we can get through this. And say WE as I feel the regular few genuinely part of the POE family

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 20:07 on 4th March 2014

Problem is Dave some people don't have a conscience, they'll quite happily post pictures taken with a flashy £2000 camera then steer clear when someone wants a few quid in times of need, only to reappear as if by magic in a few weeks time, hopefully when we've pulled through this crisis.

These types can't be reached because they don't want to be. 

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 20:13 on 4th March 2014
Sad but very true Ruth.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:16 on 4th March 2014

The email is going out because I have a copy sent to me about an hour ago, but I think when you get yours you will agree it's a measure of how decent Chris and Sarah are in putting the case for POE re donations so gently.

If it were me I would have been a lot more forceful in getting the message home, but that said maybe it's as well it's not down to me, or they might not have any members left.

The chips are down and I think it would be a case of help out, or say goodbye now if it were me, but as I say they are too decent and want members to donate because they want to help rather than be pressured.

Today, you have to pressure people. Take the charities, they pester the b...y life out of you until you give in and they get their money, albeit through an agency, who also takes a cut

All very unfair when the POE site is loved the way it is (apparently) and just so sad to think that it could go down the swanee for want of a little support from those currently hiding.

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 20:44 on 4th March 2014
Thanks John Smile

Edited by: rustyruth at:5th March 2014 19:39
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:25 on 4th March 2014

Nearly 1500 Views and 15 made a donation!

C'mon members, help POE out please

Only £282.50 raised so far, what can I say?

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 22:56 on 4th March 2014

Yep you're right there John. The number of views bears no realtion to the number of individuals who have looked at the thread. The vast majority of the views is by us who care looking to see what the last comment is. And quite often that is just like Ruth indicated earlier, the likes of us going in and 'ghost editing' simply to keep the thread at the top of ther list. I really don't think the forums is the place to reach the majority of the membership, but what else can we do at present. I'm striuggling to come up with ways of getting through to people.

But having said that, 15 donations from ALL the threads is deplorable. Consciences need to be got at, although again as Ruth has pointed out, a lot of folk don't have a conscience where something like this is concerned. sad but true.

Edited by: Dave John at:4th March 2014 22:58
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:26 on 5th March 2014

Don't worry about the figures, they are what they are and although they don't bear any real relationship to the task in hand it does serve as an eye opener I think.

Carry on the good work members and lets hope things pick up

Edited by: Ron Brind at:5th March 2014 13:37
TedPremier Member - Click for more info
Ted
quotePosted at 15:26 on 5th March 2014
Haven't been around for awhile and the first thing I read is POE is in serious need for funding. I've directly send my share.
I do hope things will turn out OK for the best site on internet.