Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Overton, Shropshire

Overton

in the county of Shropshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Will David Moyse lose his job at Manchester Utd today?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:08 on 22nd April 2014

And if he does, will it make any difference?

Has he been unlucky as Manager, or is this expected to happen to all football clubs over a period of time meaning that you can't win everything, all of the time?

I don't have a favourite team, don't support any team in particular so it doesn't really matter to me, but I reckon the bloke should be given more time to show that he can be as good as the next.

What will he do, where will he go, maybe to another team to do the same thing again.....win or lose! What say you members, or are you not followers either? 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:35 on 22nd April 2014

Just been announced that David Moyse has left Manchester United FC.

Has he had a fair crack of the whip?

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 09:02 on 22nd April 2014

This is a topic that never comes up on this forum -- in answer to your first point Ron.

He never applied for the job in the first place he was recommended by Ferguson so part of the blame lies there with the management.                He was always going to be a hard act to follow and the same thing will happen with the next manager it wants a complete clear out of players and coaching staff like Ferguson did when he took over.

Yes he should have had more time to "prove" himself but MU are a big club and want success every seaon.

No doubt he will find another club i hope he does but you can be sure it wont be a top Premiership one.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:36 on 22nd April 2014

Apparently he walks away with £5 million in compensation!

Not a bad days (or few months) work eh?

But James not even money can buy success.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 09:40 on 22nd April 2014
True Ron --another point is he lost the dressing room as well and yes £5 million quid isnt to be sniffed at.Smile
Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 10:16 on 22nd April 2014

He did go today. As Manchester United did not end up in the top four, David Moyes will walk away with the equivalent of twelve months salary. It seems that even the "Great United" have no time to give their new manager a chance, unlike the man he replaced who took time to settle in. The team that David Moyes took over was, in my humble view getting to be a spent force, and anyone taking over at that point would have faced a hard season. They need new players more than a new manager.

As an Evertonian (somehat lapsed) however, my sorrow at the departure of David did turn to joy, as Everton are playing far more attractive football now, partly due to the team Moyes left behind plus the undoubted and very welcome skills of the new manager.

I imagine David and his sacked staff are all feeling sore right now, but as many will say he is taking a very large pay off which will soften the blow.

Let us see who next takes up the Poisoned Chalice.    

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 10:44 on 22nd April 2014
Cant see it being an Englishman Rod-- or should i add ScottishSmile
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 10:57 on 22nd April 2014
Over-rated, over-paid all the b lot of them thats my opinion with regards to the sport.
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 12:38 on 22nd April 2014

Ryan Giggs followed maybe by a Dutchman, foillowed by many much needed new players.  

Edited by: Rod Burkey at:25th April 2014 11:18
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 11:25 on 25th April 2014

Neil, I tend to agree with your assessment of soccer players at the top level being overated and paid.

On Easter Monday I went to watch Widnes Viking play St Helens and paid £13 for a seat right on the halfway line. The match was played in a good spirit with no players prentending to be hurt or appealing to the ref to send a fellow pro off. Not a bit like a football match. My team lost but I enjoyed the game. Not a bit like a football fan.