Budle Bay

in the county of Northumberland

The town square in the town of Battle, East Sussex

Battle

in the county of East Sussex

Grosmont Castle, Kilpeck

Kilpeck

in the county of Herefordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "55"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 20:02 on 21st July 2014
Very hot on the fells today, hotter than expected!! Which considering my usual weather must be classed as a bonus. And they reckon it's not gonna cool off much all weekSmile Good job I brought some suncream with me .. factor 15 don't see the point in blocking it all out
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:59 on 21st July 2014
It's been very hot here too, getting hotter tomorrow. The trip on the narrow gauge stream train was fun, but the carriages were open and I got covered in soot, luckily I wasn't wearing white like a lot of others on the trip.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 05:15 on 22nd July 2014

I'm back for an bit...my varmit is now dead..it turned out to be an rat..but he sure did live gloriously while he was here to look so healthy apparently.

Rain is coming, it's in eastern Oregon right now  and working it's way north..Wednesday  is said to produce the most rain. I did some figuring with the help of Wiki answers...one million acres burnt is translated to about 350 square miles of land burnt over all. For the most part half of Oregon and central northern Washington state. That would be for yourunderstanding...906 sq km..doubled... 2 and 1/2 times. As for the grass and sage brush, it might make an comback before winter...as for the trees and homes, it will take some time..I think they ought to switche over double wide mobile homes, that can be lifted and trucked out if this ever happens again. One reason the Native American Indians of the pairies had tipi's they could knock down in less then 3 mins notice. We have been watering most all night tonight and the front yard several times during the day to make an come back on it...if it happens...cool down weather wise and back up to the low 90's by the start of next week.

I have been looking at the picture of the Cherbynol disaster in pictures, in Reddit.com...I just don' think any one realizes the problem of nuke reactors exploding or they would refrain from having so many of them in use. They show an facilty they completely capped from ground up in cement and steel...and they say it's still only safe for maybe another 100 years. Besides people evacuated, and later affected to early deaths, all the pets were destroyed in the city...buildings continually washed for an year, all vehicles and asmany of the smaller houses, buried completely. Streets resurfaced through out the town..and it's still restricted territory. Go over there an understand why the public doesn't want them around. The radio activity will be around for generations and generations. It's sad. I don' t even know if it's viable for out in space travel any more.

Other then that, I got my rest, I think someone stopped by, I woke up to the water sprinkler have been turned on full blast...things were flooded for an bit out front. But it's going to take an lot of something to return things to normal again. Talk later on. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 06:09 on 22nd July 2014

You sure do have your share of problems Shirley!

Stay safe dear friend...

Hi to all POEsters

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 08:22 on 22nd July 2014
Good morning everyone, another hot sunny day here in Wales. Have a good day Smile
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 08:43 on 22nd July 2014
Good Morning to all -especially those on holiday Winkits another "hot un"

Edited by: james prescott at:22nd July 2014 08:44
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 14:05 on 22nd July 2014
Hi there John-nice and sunny up hereCool
Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 16:52 on 22nd July 2014

Very hot and sunny here today

Been a bit lost as the car is in the Garage. so been home all day

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 20:48 on 22nd July 2014
Good Evening --not many about to-night.Smile
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
Posted at 21:13 on 22nd July 2014

Hi James Spanish viewer on site hope you have had a good day

Spent the day purchasing clothing for the Children of the City in Malaga. This is a charity based organization that looks after Children with parents unable to feed their children due to no work, and for some that their parents are being detained by the state.
Its a pleasure to see them smile when they see us delivering the new clothes, ages range from 4 to 15.
During this week I will be arranging for €1700 to be sent to assist children in Mauritania, apparently this will feed and cloth them for 12 months.
The organization I belong to is the Masonic Grand Lodge of Spain.

Neil