'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Canal Basin, Gravesend, Kent.

Gravesend

in the county of Kent

St. Oswald's Church, Warton (near Carnforth, Lancs.)

Warton

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Andy Murray on court today....yaawn!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 06:47 on 25th June 2014

Lots of...... heads left, heads right today following Andy Murray; but is there a more boring sport/game?

Is it possible to go out in the early rounds, please tell me yes and then maybe, maybe, just maybe 'W' will be cancelled altogether, all over like the World Cup and Englands pathetic show?

Now that really would be a result wouldn't it?

One can dream...

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 13:26 on 25th June 2014
I didn't even know W had started Ron, I'm getting quite good at leavening the TV off it's been 12 days now.
Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 14:53 on 30th June 2014

It's even better than Horlicks! Go on, give it a try folks. Then you can snore away in tune with the grunts issued by the ladies bashing the balls over a net at each other......zzzzzzzzzzzzz. 

Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 15:44 on 30th June 2014

Oh, all right then John. You made a deuce of a good point!  When I was at school I had a crush on Maria Bueno. Mmmmmm. My wife likes Wimbledombledon so, yes I will take a squint and if it all gets too much wil take solace in bitter beer and a dry biscuit. 

Please rant anytime John. 

Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 18:32 on 30th June 2014

Spitfire hits the spot for me too. If you ever stray near here you might do worse than sample Liverpool Organic Iron Men. Oh yes! A most refreshing way to tickle the taste buds.

Game set and match to real ale.  

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 18:34 on 30th June 2014
Rod    i also liked Maria Bueno --them little pants she wore --remember em RodWink
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 19:20 on 30th June 2014

Oh yes!

She never grunted either when hitting the ball and always seemed so serene. Oh, the sweet joys of youth remembered through the mellow mists of pure nostalgia. I found a lovely picture of her in the National Geographic Magazine in the school library and needed great will power, only just  achieved not to tear out the page. I'd have got six strokes of the cane if caught. Might have been worth it!

I suppose, getting back to showing a veneer of addressing this thread seriouisly, back then, sporting events were not covered so extensively and the annual excesses of Wimbledon on BBC were much loved by my mother and many others. Then, it was the Boat Race, and the FA Cup Final that captured the imagination, plus the "Seeds of Wimbledon" as my dad called them.

As I bash the keyboard, Mr. Murray is powering away being watched by Mrs.B in the living room. Me, I’m in the study. Little doubt I’ll be watching before he lifts his fists and scowls in triumph.     

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 21:04 on 30th June 2014
You guys and your Sports...no wonder you need an "wee shot" of something to make it through them! James says.."Them little pants she wore"...humm... best invention they ever made...high hip riders...one feels like they can do "leaps and bounds" an not feel hindered by the leg motion...I can imagine what "Cinderella" would say.
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 21:11 on 30th June 2014
Iwould love to know what Cinderela would say Shirley??Wink
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 23:46 on 30th June 2014

Liverpool is worth a visit John. The Albert Dock area is really nice. So is Knowsley Safari Park, apart from the darn monkeys who nicked our windscreen wipers - twice, you'd have thought we'd have learned after the first visit Undecided

Sorry I'm taking this thread off track Smile