Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Alton Tower - Taken By David Thomas Sept 2001

Alton

in the county of Staffordshire

Netley Abbey. Hampshire

Netley

in the county of Hampshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "63"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 51 Next >

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 10:45 on 13th September 2015
Hi there to all who are looking inSmile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 02:18 on 14th September 2015

Hi there James...I see we turned another page..I found an old Christmas magazine from the National Wildlife Federation...went there and by golly it's still an good web site and address.....got some really nice stuff in it for reasonable prices also...www.shopwf.org if your interested covers dishes, cards, sheatshirts, cardigans, statues, games for kids, apparel for kids, bedding, ornaments, home decor,,,,just to name an few things. they are just now releasing their newestHoliday catalouge for free also.

I decorated my house today for Holloween, but have some tweeking to do on some of it, namely re-gluing pieces of my Le Max that have falllen off. I'll do it after tomarrow, tomarrow is an busy day with picking up sister, and taking her back, "Dancing with the Stars" and Art Bell thereafter.  Dinner and other things tossed in as well. I couldn't sleep last night so I got up an re-arranged my entire livingroom. So now I'm tired. Hope we get in the rain as is said, earlier last week, so far they promise and it turns out lies. 1,000 homes they say caught fire yesterday in the Lake County fire. Seems like something should be able to get done before it's all this serious. At any rate, it's also bubbly bath time from me....so talk all later on when I get an chance. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:02 on 14th September 2015
Good Morning--have a nice day-----and hows life on the plains Shirley??Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 02:56 on 15th September 2015

in both area

Well, James we could use more rain on the plains being local also. Are you in hilly country by any chance...just wondering. I had to help my son one time do an geology report of where we live, we live essentiallyl on failry level ground which is all fill in from the Boring Hills Formation of blurpy volcanoes millions o fyears ago. there was an arguement though if this are is flat because an flood swept through it one time, and they are uncertain if Walters hill was an volcano or washed down rocky mountain. We have an lot of little streams in the area, cloest one to me is Kelly Creek...runs into Troutdale and into the Sandy River, which goes into the Columbia River. These little streams havewashed the area over to look more hilly then ti really is and I'm thinking the CAmas, Washington Fault line might be an extension of Kelly Creek over here...the main one crosses under teh Sandy River and towards Blue Lake headed into Portland about 3 miles.  I think we are something like 6 to 10 miles from Troutdale.  UFO territory to be sure...fly oversin both area, probably keeping track of the water contnet, to much "ash" and St. Helens is acting up. 

I looked up yesterday's Topoloamgo, Mexico's 6.6 earthquake...this is an deep harbor port in the Gulf of Mexico....but guess what...., it's an convergence of three other major techonic plattes also...the one runs through Mexico, separates it, and the San Andres Fault. What's most interesting I find out is that it may be tied into the Lakeview, Oregon swarm also...and the North American Platte. The area is one of iron Ore deopsits and Shale...th eoil wells are mining shale to squeeze the oil out of it you know. They refill the hole with water supposedly...but people often ask if that's what sets of the daily constant swarms these areas are having, muck like Oklahoma, I've been told the oil companies have long time ago sold out the Canada of all people. Event the ones in California. Now I was reading this Native American book and an argument going on in Hopi land...by "herbert" and elder

Shaman...and he says...the area lies on known "Ley lines"....and supposedly when the "Gods" come riding into town on lighting bolts....they enter these Ley lines until they can emerge on top fo them...he says he thinks it's an very bad idea to even lat down sewer lines in the area. They have an "electrical" property linked to the atmosphere and mother eath that should not be distrubed. I have heard before that they have mined so much Iron out of Hopi land already that

it not longer draws these severe lightening storms that produce what little rain they get down there in the desert. Between th emining and the forrest fires I think our earth is doomed unless we change it...and do that now. Lack of trees is going to mean warmer climate...drier climate....less water...ungoldy high temperatures also. We should be listneing and heeding theri advice...nto writint it off as mythsor say so from an elder folk that don't know nothing...HA!,,,,we shall see in another few years. 

I have replaced my batteries in my ear device and my little radio...so I'm ready for tonight's programs.  Talk to you later on...have an good day! 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 15:21 on 15th September 2015
Good Afternoon to allSmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 20:00 on 15th September 2015

See, I just lost my post.

Guess my hacker is here, cause the posting yesterday was so werid in spelling and I understand that's what is wanted...an kind of persecution of me. Not going to work.,,,nope...no way.. Supposedly we have 8 days left of planet earth...but the closest I've found on on anything is those of CERN whom do not know what their experiment may create, start up Sept 23rd...could roll back the sky's atmosphere like is mentioned in the bible, I hear one time they melted rifles in the middle east for their persuers trying to shoot them. If there are benevolent Aleins out there...it might be an good time for them to stop it ahead of time. I'm not against science, only people don' t know how to reverse thier experiments....such is the case with nuking devices also. One way for Satan to get to heaven I suppose. Last night an Charles Campbell from Birtain came in to talk to Art Bell about taking some of your crop circles over there and putting them in an 3-d format...devised an spaceship to build from it. In this space flight thingy going on...can't they build off earth living cities rather then having to go to Mars first?...we could use them with the need to replenish our earth from to much population. Last night was Interesting.

So James, what's up and going on besides our daily greeting?  My turn now for that... as I must go for now...have an good day everyone! My squirrels are heavily out there with the nuts just now falling off the oak tree garthering like crazy..hubby raked the first leaves falling last Sunday morning. I turned on the house furnace to warm things up this morning for the first time this season also......most everything is now closed up for winter and put away for winter also....esp outdoor lawn furniture. We had an bit of rain yesterrday...but very little of it. Trees are turning fast now...and the first snow was to fall yesterday at the 5,000 foot level at Mt. Hood.  Most likely short lived for now... but we need more snow and more rain, true storm of it's own... esp to get the forrest fires put out for the season. Harvest fo us this year in the garden was bad, the heat was just to much for even growing things.  28 days the last two months were over 90 degrees...in drought conditions. Everything died, from our gardens to our grassin our yards...we watered and band of plants we had around our entryway going into our house was all. We tried at first to water....but we had an $270 water bill and sewer bill for the months of June/July/August....we eventually "gave up" on it....the forrest service said not it, it was safer to try to keep things green in the cities with these wild fires going on. Either way was costly. Bye for now.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:07 on 16th September 2015

Intertesting and thought rendering posts again Shirley.

Hope all POEsters are well...

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 10:43 on 16th September 2015
Good Morning to all on this bright and sunny day---enjoy it Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 18:52 on 16th September 2015

Good morning Ron...I got an thought for you...instead fo fracking our precious earth to pieces and causing earthquakes...why doesn't th eoil industry join others into converting 50 per cent over to electric cars, by making thier own affordable carswith charging batteries they can snap into place at gas stations.....I am sure those big oil tankers would get alll the ocean wind they needed to recharge them as they sail from port to port.  It couldn't hurt them to think differently and "out of th ebox" to help the sorld situation.

I just had my nieghbor up the street come down and I didn't have my hearing device in, I was picking up rocks out of the back of my car trunk from giving an table top water fountain to the Goodwill...they fell all over everything....well, I'm picking them up thinking about getting An huge cookie jar filled up and she finally screamed my name an liked to scare the ..you know what" out of me,,,and we both started laughing. She wants to return some things from our Neighborhood assoication night get together. Pans and things we didnt' use...or that she washed.I see her leaving from out front nbow, she must of returned them.

I woke up with my stomach on fiew this morning so I'm taking it easy...I really need to get back at losing the weight I gained...but I have an huge Jar to help fill up for the kid's and then I can go about other things. I bought the grandkids each an big fuzzy blanket and an set of flannel sheets from Christmas...

themed with moose on them and snowflakes....and sissy an Scotch plaid...in her colors, but wished I could of gotten them in an Christmas theme also. They each have an set of new clothes, hers includes and dress for the holidays, boys each

have an metal detector  I'm having problesm posting...so am going to go for now.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:08 on 17th September 2015

Hi to Shirley and all other POEsters looking in.

YOU reported the Mexico earthquake days ago Shirley!! We are hearing about it on our televisions today for the first time!

Another good reason to log into POE daily for all the latest news!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 51 Next >