Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Salcombe in Devon. June 2005

Salcombe

a Seaside Town in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "63"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 04:10 on 23rd October 2015

Probably hiding....we all were last night on ARt Bell as he hears shots being fired....and his neighbors callling him, someone was shooting into his house....he put us on music and went and found his wife and little daughter on the floor,in the dark,  his wife with her gun, loaded, he checked out the house, got his gun and went back to his live radio show, and said he wasn't afraid to use the gun if he had to...the police were combing over the area.....and we left him last night hoping he was safe. He apparently has no idea why this was going on either. I asked Lord Ashtar of the Galactic Command to go to his rescue if he could hear me....supposedly he's the one in the huge balck triangle these days. Guess what the "Organic Store in town is going to do....give an meeting ion how to protect your health fromfrom micro-wave pulsing to your home....ao would love to go to it....as they are the cause of my heart problems....and the lost of an good many applicances on the weak side of running. I just had to buy an new hand mixer yesterday at Walmart.  I asked Terra if she knew what was going on in Nevada, she said some sports character...the populace was up in arms over him in the area. But she says there's at least an murder about every day in Vegas generallly any more. Where ever the drug cartel is...same for southern Oregon. Do you suppose those in the middle east get "warped" as they are fighting.... into the desert of Nevada?...then have to find thier way back again.  Nothing like the military these days.

Besides that finished off wrapping off one Christmas Present...3 small boxes...but not in mailing wrap as yet. Took lots of food out to the kids to go over to the coast this weekend....macaroni and cheese with nacho dip...and small wrap sandwhiches with bags of chips....holloween cookies and choclate cupcakes...two cases of soda pop, Chicken nuggets and fresh veggie tray and bags of oranges and apples. Maybe they can get some pizza th enext day as they head on back. I;m all set fo rtheir dogs...and we will be going back and forth to our house to their house with the dogs. They have anbig meadow/pasture for pottying in that's better thenat our house...romping around also. 

So that leaves me tonight with making the chicken salad sandwhiches and Wild rice soup fo rthe weekend....I'm workinmg on it now. This weekend we have to decorate one of our small trees out front in amber lights for next weekend...Holloween. We have leaves to pick up. My sister is coming over during Saturday...still have ornaments to finish off also. Busy time. Rain comes in Monday and Tuesday of this next week. I can work on my ornaments then probably better then this weekend. I have the biggest spider out front....hubby says ...the one down the street is bigger...and I replied...but this one is alive. It will be replaces with blinking bats before the weekend is over though. I go for now....so what was it you were asking Santa for this year? I am begiing to think some rest in an nice motel with an nice view....but I haven't looked over your deorated hotels over there as of yet...are you running your Christmas photo's again this year. You had some really nice ones.....and of course I hope we get to see the Royal family...grandparents/parents and kids also. Maybe they will get to play with an real baby lmab thsi year.I saw that done in an magazine ...some lady on her patio...installed small trees iwth Sctich red plaid bows and white lights on the trees....put in rocking chairs over straw...heated it and in one corner put an low fence with two baby lambs they could feed off an bottle while visiting, rest of the time they stayed out in the barm with their mother. Put bales of hay around the fence where th elittle kids could bend on their knees and pet the animals..and even had an few bunny rabbits hoping around also. They got put in the theri cages and into the barn overnight also. Kids got to listen to Christmas music playing also. Had blankets they coukld wrap up in and get read stories to also. Didn't cost this lady hardly any money...seh laready lived on the farm. Her helpers kept the animals cleaned and the cement patio with straw replenished with with clean straw also daily. What an wonderful grandmother. 

I go for now....weekend coming up...have an good one. I'll try to get in later on, but it's going to be an busy one around here. Usually is anyway...but so goes. Blessings...we all agreed last night the world is in need of them.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 07:50 on 23rd October 2015

You certainly seem to go through the mill over there Shirley, but as ever you manage a positive and ineresting post. And as you say what a wonderful grandmother!

Enjoy your weekend Shirley; try to relax a little whilst remembering your POE friends, take care dear friend!

Hi to all other POEsters looking in, but not posting.......why not? C'mon tell us what you're upto.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 14:35 on 23rd October 2015
Good Afternoon --all had a nice day??
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 04:56 on 24th October 2015

Ron, never go that way...Mill street area..it's in Rockwood....far from my area. Everyone is watching hurricane Patricia and what it's going to do. Tomarrow is the last of the preps for Holloween...namely the amber lights around our entry way so people can see to "trick or treat" next weekend. Got the dogs for the weeknd babysitting and got my sister here to catch up on what's going on, she'll go back to her apartment early tomarrow as she has an chair to be delivered I guess. Got my third post card from my neighbors...they should be home here soon...I kind of wondered if they'd beat the card back. Bet they are glad they won't be in Hawaii facing Hurricane Patricia. Worried about the record setting low pressure of this storm and earthquake triggering. But will see what happens...actually I expect by now with all the building and money in the area that they will fair it better then we think. So, yes, time to go an relax for the evening. Talk later on.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:10 on 24th October 2015

Yes, we are hearing about 'Patricia' Shirley, incredible wind speeds being suggested. Let's hope it blows itself out a little before it does too much damage.

Hi to all POEsters...

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 05:20 on 25th October 2015

I think it was "faked" information myself Ron...it lies in an path area where all tropical storms crossing Mexico usually exit out as hurricanes...they build well down there...least we forget the House Hunter's Internation tour for an couple o to buy an one million flat in "Vallhara" area...these kind of people aren't going to spend that kidn of money to see thier investment destroyed by any means.  Take notice it skirted around the area of the King Pin...drug cartel on th eloose having escaped last week...the FBI and thre CIA were looking for him in tunnels under the coastal moutains just north of this area...probably an diversion to keep them out of the area...so they could move him to an safer place. .

I woke up this morning...and my hubby said there's an cat out along our curb that look slike it's hurt...so I went out there...got an box and put towels in it and one over it...picked it up...it couldn't moved, looked like it was tramatized, felt no broken bones, was no blood, like an cat fight....and took it to Pet Smart...where there's an county adoption center and animal hospital....they told me to to take it to county services/animal control...or if I wanted them to help me they would charge me fee's. WEll, my hubby took down there while I was taking my sister back to her apartment. I had such compassion for it's need to be treated...I was ready to come back and give it some animal teramycin that I have from having my rabbits in the past, I did give it an cap filled with water before i left.  I guess Ishouldn't say it, but it l;ooked like an animal sleeping under an car for warmth and someone started the car up and it got as far as where it did when it well out of th eundercarriage....it's hair looked kind of rubbed off in spots....and as I said it looked very tramatized also. Hopefully it "makes it" and recovers. Tomarrow the whole area forcast is 100 per cent rain...I'm glad we got to it today. My kids are over at the coast...and I'm glad I helped them do some packing also...with 8 cylinders of propane for theri small heater I bought my son couple years ago...  they have an

long horse trailer they made into an ATC haul vehichle to get there in and then use it at night with folding camp cots and blow up matresses to slep inside of...which makes it sturdier then just an tent in bad weather. It has two doors also...whiole back end opens up and the side of it. Kinf of roughing it, bu tthey are "kids" anyway and do those kinds of things when one's young. We have wind blowing here now, and we got theHolloween lights up today and secured in place also for next weekend.  It's an week of rain and showers from the looks of things...so maybe there will be our first start up of the fireplace. Dogs are behaving well and relaxing downstairs. I went down there to get kisses from Fenny (short fo Fenaway Park...Baseball)....and toby came over an laid on top of me, wiht his nose across my chest and let me dingle in his tiny ears an bit...Bailey was near hubby's bed in his room...so things were looking kiind of normal for the animals. Hubby took me out to dinner tonight...was very good...small bowel of assorted fresh fruit...has browns with peppers in them and two english mufins topped with avacado/bacon/sliced tomato, and  topped with an egg on each and Hollandise Cheese Sauce. I slept all afternoon today also. So I got in my rest I so desparetly needed...I made 17 ornamanents, 6 more I added more embelllishment on after buying the ornament itself already made...one wall plaque...in the last two weeks and have about that many more left to do also. So will talk to you all later on I guess and go back and relax. I am glad I made the wild rice soup with mushrooms and the chicken salad with cranraisins and celery yesterday...it has been our mainstay for two meals now and sent some home with my sister. Talk later on.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 05:26 on 25th October 2015
Sorry about the mispells, they weren[t there until I posted....hope you can understand the message.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:42 on 25th October 2015

We can always understand your posts Shirley so no matter who tries to 'edit' without your knowledge, they are wasting their time and may as well give up. Hopefully, they will go away in due course and get caught up in their own pathetic world.

Hi to all POEsters...

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 22:04 on 25th October 2015
Good Evening --had a busy day ---visitors until wednesdaySmile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 07:21 on 26th October 2015

Nectar locked away I bet? lol

Hi to all POEsters...