Cullercoats

in the county of Tyne & Wear

Palmerston Rd., Southsea

Southsea

in the county of Hampshire

Bournemouth West Beach

Bournemouth

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "63"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 05:57 on 11th March 2016

I am bacccckkkk!. I decided to come in tonight , get my mind off what's bothering me. Having an ciup of tea right now. Nice warm and soothing. OK, nothing good on TV tonight...all my shows are now fisnishing up the final seasonal show. So I am flipping the TV trying to find anything to rest and watch....and on Come Kevin Costner in "Dancing with Wolves"....and I'n rembering the first time I ever saw it. We were with the Scouts at the base of the South Sisterin Eastern Oregon and the guys had hooked up the DVD palyer so I could see it. I was into an lot of Native American studies back then. If you ever get into them, you'll find strange nystical things happen and "visions" come easily that are hard to understand let alone tell others about.  There are soem things in this world worth keeping and this kind of life had an lot to give to others despite the blood shed at times. That's what I was watching just now, how white hunters had come through scalping the hides off the buffalo they so desparatley needed for food. e not want not, but people do that to other people...just kind fo takign what they feel like taking.So here I was sitting in thr back of our camper watching thsi same movie and thinking of things that bother me about the cruelty to the Native Americans on their side of the fence,,,,and guess what?...out of an near impossible situation to ever happen,,,an beam of bright light comes down on my head... inside of the camper....but not from the roof. Like it was an heavenly light sent by the creator just to me....from an side window against all odds of possibilty....through the trees. I finished watching the movie though. It's an good movie. But the entiere time that I was doing the Native American studies...I had things like that happen. For instant...went to one of their "pow wow's" along the Columbia River....not such an good day outside....clouds look like they were ready to burst open with rain coming down...I was thinking...maybe they should rented one of those big tents for this affair of dancing. Nope....when it got down to the nitty gritty....an "spot" opened up right above them in the sky and it was sunny and the rain was pouring down in every other place but there. Almost like my walking today at the Park.  When you need to do something...you need to do it I guess. God understands? By the way the gal that plays in thsi movie much looks like my neighbor down the street...her mother, whom I worked with at the retail store. Yes, she was Native American. Beautiful woman I might add. Then there was the time I was singing the Cherokee morning song, with those three gals that made it so popular...I was singing an song I didn't really know just perfectly by the way also....and holding an small glass in my hand...at the end of the song, it exploded in my hand for no reason I could think of at the time.Is...... that like...morning's over ...time to move on now. You know I buy all kinds of books and when it comes to God....and his churches....he reportedly put an big finger down in one of the churches in France. To give it his blessings. In this book I've been reading on Paul...he's conversion by Jesus is pretty much like my after death experince...an blinding light...and there's an kind  of communication by " thought" going on. this is what I think of "God" an pure energy/creation source of his own. So indeed it was special that his son would manifest as an human... to as Paul says...set us free from sin and evil, and laws by others...by his own death and resurection...it wasn' this death that was so spectacular...it was his resurection. Anyone could die back then but few could be raised up and you could see thier wounds and still have "life". That was the miracle. Anyway, my mind is now off and on to others things...and my cup runs down of nice warm tea, so I best get going again.News is about to come on and I need to know tomarrow's weather...talk later on....

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:09 on 11th March 2016
Morning/afternoon to all POEtsers...
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:18 on 11th March 2016
Good Evening -after a lovely day Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 00:12 on 12th March 2016

What a morning James...I woke up to sunshine...thought I'll get right out there and do the Golf course nature trail...oh yeah, noticed I needed car gasoline..so thought on my way I'd buy some...so I did went to take off looked in the west hills of Portland an it looked like an sheet of rain headed over this side of the river. So I gave up on that idea...decided I  keep forgetting to buy an rose trelis for my yellow climbing rose so went and did that one instead...an bamboo one so it doesn't look like my neighbors redwood ones. Came home, made my lunch..laid down an bit...and was thinking of the Scout hike tomarrow....I decided since he is having an infected spleen that I did not know how healed it is now, he went to the doctor the week before...but it could be an problem if anyone were to try to wrestle him, or he felldown on top of it, etc...so I thought...they most likely will cancle this because of the rain...but if they don't he needs an pack that won't create pressure on his spleen. He sure in heck can't wear an fany pack either. I knwo he will probably need an raincoat and water/munchies...and money....and maybe an drier and warmer fleece jacket, and umberella...an small one with an extra ski hat. I go tthe jaclet at an ear by sproting goods store...light weight and

waterproofed...and went to Dick's sporting goods after that but everything costs so much...nice quality bu tjust the same, these kids are growing like spring sprouts these days...nothing in the back pack the he doesn't already have either...so I went to thre Goodwill TRift store here in town...so busy these days its hard to find an parking space.....guess what I found...one of those sling over the shoulder type packs...$9.99...all the other smallerpacks new started at $45....and the hat..at Dick's $35...there $6.99...same for the fleeze zip up jacket that has "Oregon Coast" on it also. Came home an loaded in the money,  umberella and another ski hat...and an small bag of easter kit-kat chocolate bars and soft carmels. He can sling it over his head to rest on his chest, or his back, and someone had sewn in leggos for Burger King on it and Dr. Pepper soda...after I woke up I walked 2 miles around the neighborhood here with my umberella...ate lunch and the day is pretty well gone now. Yep, hubby will be here in less then an half hour...so I guess I better be thinking something for dinner. I felt good today about this shopping spree and saving some money on things. . Petra sent us pictures of this storm and the flooding it did down in California....the Lakes filled up over night, in some of them 20 feet of water...Mt. Shasta may break it's 5 year drought and be filled up here soon thanks to El Nino...though the towns are swimming in the swollen creeks and rivers.,,as they drained off. Talk toyou later...say, at the Goowill...in an fanny pack said on the front of it Francis A Davis...or something like...teh best in sporting goods...zippered inside...two shot glasses with sealable tops, and2 small mugs and room in between for one can of soda for adding to the muggs...I take this was for an "golf game" maybe.... or medicinal aches and pains?  I'll be it was expensive to buy the first time around and then some! I can see the guys sitting in their golf cart having an nip in this rain right now also. Talk later on.....

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 00:19 on 12th March 2016
Sorry about the spelling mistakes...it's my witching woman I guess...she wants her "man"..... the evil one. Notice I was talking man type stuff up above...hum.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 07:42 on 12th March 2016

Always an interesting read Shirley!

Hi to all POEsters...

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 21:03 on 12th March 2016

Good morning!...no walking as yet..wild rain storm out there and another suppsoedly coming tomarrow also.

I forgot to tell you the other day that "Beattles" Paul Macartney is coming to town and he is not selling his tickets until the day before the concert either. I bet it sells out in 20 minutes...how about you?

Guys not back from their walk as of yet. Way past time me thinks also....they must be doing guy gossiping. 

So now what...sitting here by mayself...was sick this morning an bit...like I'd spent the majority of last night drinking, I have no idea how to combat this problem...whom I have an physic attachement to that drinks like an proverbial fish...but I am really sick at times.  It can go back to them anytime now.

We are suppose to have winds and wild weather in the Williamette Valley tomarow, possibly up to 60 miles an hour and since we have tower hill out behind my house about 3 or 5miles away....this si th emain towers fo rth ecommerical jets headed into PDX....I'n sure they will be madder then heck if they come down, and there's allthe radio an Tv station towers on Mt. Scott and in west Portland also. In fact the Boring hills Formation system of small old time lava blurts run premuch to the South of me here and into Portland...so am hoping they meant these winds would stay in the flat part of the vallley and not so much here. Guess we will have to watch the news tonight.

I made some Paelo Spaghetti for tonight, but I think I'll go made some soup now...guess who just walked throughthe door...yep the guys...talk later on...

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:45 on 13th March 2016

Extra pegs needed on the washing then Shirley or you'll never see those pants again! lol

Hi to all POEsters...

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 21:24 on 13th March 2016

Good morning...or should I say afternoon...clocks changed today...but so did my computer....they installed windows 10 again with some tweaks in the windows system now fixed I guess...I can hardly wait to see what this little airplane icon means...maybe direct tickets?...hum.  Badly off the diet, but later this week is suppose to be good sunny days, and we had as of yesterday...ligthening/hail/downpours and everything the weather can throw at us I think. Right now we have sun amid an cloudy sky, We have been busy also, changed the boy's room around an bit and am in mid of washing the bedding right now....so I best get going and hope that tomarrow see's me back on schedule an walking again...talk later on....Have an good day!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:11 on 14th March 2016

Direct tickets to where Shirley....where would you go first?

Hi to all POEsters