Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Dover

Dover

a Seaside Town in the county of Kent

Scorton Priory gateway, Scorton Village, Nr. Garstang, Lancashire.

Scorton

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "63"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 06:53 on 21st March 2016

Ipad beating you Shirley?...I don't believe that!

Hi to all POEsters wherever you are.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 20:08 on 21st March 2016

Yes, it lets me win nearly..but never completely unless I fork over money to win extra lives so the game doesn' t end I can win and move on....and for that I give it an "sucks" award of the year.  Since this is bascially an kidies game that my grandkids got me into...It's no wonder my grandson cries when he can't get his own way...most liklely this game taught him no matter how hard you try.....your going to lose.... unless they let you win....sucks!

I walked one mile and came home and pouring down rain, loaded up my car and took some more food to the Reverand....my old nieghbor....I pulled my car up close to the pantry doors because everything I gave him had "water only"...I didn't think if any of it fell on the ground they could handle pancakes for 275 people immediately. But I was nice he got several gallons os syrrup to go with it and I know Easter is coming up. If they serve anything it's usually an breakfast with pancakes on Easter. So he can most likely serve his whole congregation with an bit of help. Ikept my blueberry muffin mix that I can use for our pancakes...as we can't eat that many...or go out to breakfast somewhere ourselves. He also got the oil to cook them in on an griddle and couple containers of coffee. I slept in this morning...so am way behind in something...but not really to get into things right away for some reason...maybe cause it's Spring Break?  Everyone's resting that doesn't have to be up and runnning around this morning.  Oh my, I see it's past noon already also. Well, I could use another mile walking, but the weather needs to coperate an bit before I can do that....so best get going and survey the cloud situation for today. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 18:20 on 22nd March 2016
Good Evening to all who are aroundSmile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 20:41 on 22nd March 2016

I'm about as usual James.

Been busy helping out a mate today and end up with a headache for my effforts, but never mind he can't do it himself.

Hi to all POEsters

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 06:35 on 23rd March 2016

Well, I'm celebrating tonight...yep...we went to dinner at Applebee's restruant tonight....my grandaughter passed her test to get her driving permit and so did my oldest grandson..then she drove us in our car back to our house...from her mother and father's...who were getting ready to pick up his truck from getting the new bed line placed in the back of his pickup tonight. I have the youngest grandson here to night also. In two months she graduates from High School, next month is her 18th birthday...and I have my dress to get ready for her granduation also. Things are really changing fast now...and I remember her as an tiny little girl that cried her eyes out  screaming that she wasn't moving from her grandma and grandpa's house at about age 3 years old I mean she threw an fit royal that day....we had to follow them over to where they moved to and be with her so she'd not be afraid she was being left alone....I have an picture of her dad when he was about that age in tears also looking completely insecure in his picture also;  I guess it's my faultas they must pick up from us/me how much we dearly "love " them.  Other then that it's been an lomg day and I am behind in my diet paperwork and better go get it done for tonight..yes, I took an asprin already tonight also. I made it up into the next catagory on the I-pad game...finally. I hope they don't expect people to always fork over money to be sucessful playing the game....I think it's rediculous if they do. I'm reading my Cussler book from last summer also right now....my Mr. and Mrs Indiana Jones characters....always good for an adventure of some kind. Talk to you later on...you all have an nice Easter this weekend also. I bought some groceries for it today and took them out to my kids house. Plus some breakfast items for the kids while on Spring break, and pizza snacks I had....so they can microwave breakfast and let each other sleep in this week for an bit.  "Thik...short for  tinkerbell... their small kitty cat got spayed today and I noticed she was curled up in Sara's lap enjoying the "one on one" with each other tonight....and beiing babied an bit.  Talk later on....it's late tonight. Thank God I was saved by "Dancing with the Star" last night on TV...I might enjoy the TV yet this Spring.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 07:33 on 24th March 2016

Hi to all POEsters, hope your day will be a good one.

editPosted at 16:07 on 24th March 2016

good morning.....hum wild day already starting so far, I looked at this light out the window and it was coming straight towards the house....it got closer and it was an commercial jet...as it passed over...I no tonly could hear it..I could see it through the limbs of my tree outside an dwondered hwo it got over it without running into the tree...and it kind of scared me an bit. Cloudy out. I just put on another smaller pair of pants and have no idea how I did it weighing as much asn the bathroom scales say I weigh. That would make six clothing sizes smaller now, but while I got in them, they weren't unbearable, but not comfortable either. I've come the conclusion manufactures must be making clothes two sizes bigger then what they really are in comparison to the 1960's.

I had an city truck out front, but I understand the new housing project is going in two blocks away from the house I live in...from what they told me yesterday. I wish it would be an park instead. An place people could catch the bus into town with those shelters of glass for sitting in if the weather is bad. They just put in an new mini-market and an deli sandwhich shop across the street. So goes I guess...that would make to much sense.

Anyway, another day of showers, but my walking not goign so well and my blood sugar is high, I ate to much yesterday with the kids here...only have one left to take back today...they all three had dental appointments yesterday so thier mother came and took them to that one. While I picked her up some Easter flowers for her table Sunday. So things are kind of coming together somewhat I guess. Better get going for now.  Next level on the I-pad..same ole thing...as soon as I come to the last move...they stop the game on me... I talk to you all later on...was up early this morning....so it's going to be an long day no doubt for me.  I don' t make for an good person to be up with until about 7 or 8 am.  My kitty cats could fill you in on that one...but I do like the idea of summer coming up maybe...as long as it's not to hot/dry all the time. Some of these smaller jeans are going to be made into  ladies shorts for then also.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 07:02 on 25th March 2016

I'm chit tatting with Leslie...who says they got 8 foot drifts of sno win Denver and the weather tonight said somepretty weird news....hail/snow and tormadoes to hit the midwest to the eastern coast tonight.  Going to be one heck of an Good Friday this year,..as well as Easter in general...I've not know it to ever be so early..or have no recollection of it so far. Good Friday always leaves me depressed and in considerable pain as for some reason I pick up some of the pain Jesus was going through "physically" most the time. I'm trying to associate myself with our little bonding in an talk we had about "God" one time and his finger of Life touching mankind....the painting.  After hisi accident and when he was in the hospital...we were at Cultus Lake with the Scouts on Summer Camp  and we had went to bed that night....and I felt someone with just an finger "touch me" and I said..."Stoner Chris...is that you?"..half awake/half asleep....that's what we called him for an name...and when we got back home...we found out that night he had to go back into the hosptial and have some liquid drained off his head, just about the time he touched the side of the tent....he turned out OK..he told us he would be soon leaving to go and see his father in Hawaii. He lived with his dad...not isi mother...she was remarried..... and lived in Boring, an small community not far away. Thsi guy was so sureal to know, be around and just everything about him.  You wanted to be very careful around him, cause he never said "no" to anything you asked. His way of interpreting things also was rather different. You thought about what you were going to say before you said it pretty much of the time. Imamaged before he left to ask him an question....I said...Life would be so much easier if we would of been born with an instruction manual for life's lessons, it would f made things an bit easier to knwo what we need to be concentrating on in our lives.....and he looked at me....and he said...you will need to know how to focus better later on you will need it...and meditation wouldn't hurt you...it would help bring you more peacefulness.  We parted and didn' tthink to much of it until I read that we will with the current technology be going into an "spit" dimensional world someday....and I think "focusing" is what will keep us on tract maybe...because as an pshyic your mind is all over everwhere sometimes as you pick up visions/messages/what not from various sources. When he left, he told me to take an candle and light it...he thought I'd find it quite fun to do...so I did...I lit the candle and tried to focus on it and instead I could see like kittle hearts coming from it and disappearing like blowing bubbles...I blew the candle out thinking, this must be my imagination...and everyting went l blank.. I relit the candle again, and the little red hearts were coming out of it again...it was totally beyond my understanidng, but he's right...it was kind of pleasant to deal with back then. He had an excellent sense of humor. Last time I saw him was an minister was asking all preachers to come to the stage for an "speical blessing"... and he showed up. But there's times thatI have this yearning to walk and talk with him serenly again....it makes me an bit more stable/secure feeling in what seems like an messed up world these days.  I generally do not talk about him though...as I've had people tell me that I'm talking to "Satan" time and again, coming to trick the "elite" souls...maybe...maybe not.. I've had others tell me I'm talking to the "White Brotherhood" of Christ Concious...and part of him that manifests in others..particularly "angels". So goes for tonight. I feel like it's an weird time this year for some reason, but really don' t why right now. Seems like Easter should be next month. Diet is going very badly last couple days. I talk to you all later on...I walked one mile but it felt like it was January weather...not Spring by any means. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:06 on 25th March 2016

Are you on the sauce Shirley. Little hearts coming from a candle? lol

Hi to all POEsters...

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 04:45 on 26th March 2016

No Ron, but I never trust the weird stuff that goes on... being psychic these days...to much technology such as cloaking going on/time warps in space... and there is an "God" machine these days also...but history is full of unexplained mysteries.  I always ask my self..who profits from something, and if there's an answer to that, it's usually man made trickery of some kind. Even the shopping centers put out music only audiable to one's ear for helping to sell thier merchandise...they used ratty music recently to harass gangs from going to shopping centers to hang aound also...each person is individually "targeted" also in what they hear. Some people say our car accidents and weird murders going are also part of mind control feeding these days....by an outside source. 

I finished my book today....have had tow of the kids for two days, and the grandson for another....we let the grandaughter drive our car and us home the other night, and my gtrandson took me out of his mother's today andpick up his scout stuff, (candy sale resumes tomarrow)...and tonight drove us to Glendover Golf course for an 2 mile hike around it I needed the walk, even if I did sweat up an storm. Came home and took an bath. Next week, five good days and does my diet and walking ever need it right now. Then comes the A1C testing.

Talking of "God" Morgan Freedman is doing an National Geogrpahic special on God starting April 3r over herethat I hope to watch...it looks more documentary in it's advertisements.  I telll you "Dancing with the Stars" could not have started thier newest Season at any better time.Tiny Homr Nation is in an new SEason this week also. Iwill miss the Tree house masters and the "living off the landt an type shows though. In but an few shows, we learned how to make an stream "generator" for elecriticy using old car hubby caps, we watched them go hunting and how they dressed out the meat and preserved it, we watched them add solar panels to an makeshift tree house, we watched them to turkey hunting./rabbit hunting and pig hunting. WE watched them barter for goods and services.We watched them garden an make thier own soil for it...composting.  WE watched them make an food drying rack, and outside cooking area. Tree top porta potty for going to another tree andnot on the ground at night when an bear was lurking around. All kinds fo herbal remedies also. We watched them insulate and try to run from forrest fires last summer and where and how they stashed food throughout the forrest area...we watched rain collecting slso...and tipi living. We watched them do metal work, repair an oldl car, and pick through the dump for the building materials they needed,...watched them train horses to carry packs. AS for tiny Home nations...besides learning you can make due with only one week's clothing....we saw under raised platform flooring, pull out beds...in an office situation...we watched stools that stack inside of each other....tubs that were sunk into the floor to accompdate guys over 6 feet tall...we saw how security issues were handled. Roof top patio's...and one of the cleverest was kitchen cabinet drawers in slots on the bottom of cabinets inside to accomdate canning jars. We saw an lot of ways of dealing with the pets also. We saw, tiny homes placed in L shapes with an in-between room/patio that was weather proofed..bikes hanging from the ceiling...picnic tables hanging from the ceiling to make extra space.  I never tired of learning something new every week. How to do it either.This was what I was doing while hubby was at scouts every Tuesday night...I was by myself waiting for him to return. Learning how these people lived off their land.

I finished off my book..."Eye of Heaven" and they found the treasure...an green Emerald the shape of an heart....but they got in an gun fight in the end with  foreigin "crooks" and the Mexican Drug Carrtel in the end. Some of the bad guys died. But an new chapter opened in the Mexican Archeology o fthier past also.I guess I go for now. Have an Good Easter...my thoughts to you...live your lives so as apostle Paul says...my work is not in vain with our Lord Jesus Christ's ministry. People need people...good people...guidance from God. Talk later on.