Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A view of the old Gate House at the old deer park between Revesby and Horncastle, Lincolnshire

Revesby

in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "63"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 21:30 on 31st March 2016

Take it easy Shirley you have plenty of time to reach your goal and the 70 degrees will make you feel better anyway.

Hi to all POEsters wherever you are.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 23:49 on 31st March 2016

First post I lost..so here goes...I know what your saying Ron, but I miss an lot of life by having to deal with this everyday...places I can't go and things I can't do..... because it holds m back. ...Monday it was 215...from theSpring Break and Easter....at lunch time today...before I ate it was 132...120 is about perfect.

They chemtrailed this morning really heavy to cut out that wind..it's cold blowing off Mt. Hood to try to be walking in the mornings....an it takes just that to have any time left for the rest of the day. I walked  4 1?2 miles before I got sickand ended up laying down thsi afternoon....stomach bothering me.  But I also got in planting 6 bright red day lilies this morning when I got back....transplanted an bright blue holly hock also. There's this house near by that an lady owns that gave me an frree kettle uses Brickets for BBQ'iing...one year when we stopped by her garage sale. She had an built up porch on her 2-story house and railing with rocking chairs in white...the porch was light gray and then entire front of her house was tall brght blue holly-hocks and it was the prettiest thing with her green grass andpurple plum tree out front...hanging baskets on her front porch also. It was an big kettle that one leg had fallen off of, but otherwise in perfect condtion...she had just bought her an new huge propane BBQ...so we took it and when we got home, we built up gray blocks in an oval pattern and took the legs off and set it down in there andit works great for smoking meat...esp ribs. 

The chemtrails have dissipated pretty much now.but hazy clouds out there just the same. Had to do some watering this morning also, cause the wind dries things out...esp the new plants people buy still in pots. I guess I go for now...I'm trying to be good girl, but I'd really for some reason like to have an tostata  at  Taco Bell..to  munch on...I don' tthink they have to many calories do they..maybe eat one and go do the Golf Course Trail? Talk to you tomarrow, after the test...it will be an couple days before I find out the results. Yes, I feel stressed an bit right now.

Have an good day everyone!

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 15:50 on 1st April 2016
Good Afternoon to all.Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 23:20 on 1st April 2016

Good morning...I took the blood draw this morning and took mysefl out for breakfast afterwards...haven't done any walking as yet, because I've been putting lawn furniture to par.... before hubby and my grandson haul some wood tomarrow night and he wont' be here tonight either as they decided to try the candy sale tonight instead of tomarrow.  That's OK, I walked 16 miles the last three days and I lost five pounds also since last Sunday and Easter dinner. But I'm having real probelms with the testing tape at the moment...out of four readings, two are not going through...and the other two are rediculously either low or about 70 points apart higher...and all four testings I do one after another. 

There should be little descrempency betweem what they read. They are still way to high for some reason even at the lowest...that doesn't make sense either because you know what you have been doing to warrant changes in the readings. So anyway...I hauled cement blocks this morning an remade my backyard enclosure for my small firepit...with an lid on it...and changed things around....flowers, chairs and table. kiddie outdoor play things and trimmed some roses also. I ate lunch after 2:34 pm today.

Also made my doctor appt for April 7th on the testing results.  I did no tmissing the walking today with already doing the yardwork...and I'm not done with it either....and from the sounds of things they think it's going to contiue beign warm thsi Spring...so am thinking "air conditioner" time also. I hoep I can lose if possible 9 pounds from today's weight scale reading...that would be for the month of June and sissy graduation...I'd be under 200 pounds.

Sounds extraordinary to weight that much, and few people realize it to look at me. But it puts me down another dress size also before she graduates....dress I just bought is one size fits all. WEll, hubby just drove up from work tonight so I got to get going so he can get going....talk later on I told my nieghbor yesterday with his wife that Ijust bought my first dress in about 15 years, and Randy looked at me, said, yes, they never do to much for me either...I said...that's because of your hairy legs Randy...I think I saw him looking at his knees....as we gals were laughing. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:04 on 2nd April 2016
Hi to all POEsters and keep up the good work Shirley.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 00:19 on 3rd April 2016

Well, stand aside...I want to go on an crying jag, that's how tired I am right now...hubby's truck lost it's oil this morning traveling as far as across the street to pick up the wood Randy let us have from cutting down his two trees, it just has had it...we are going to try to go out tomarrow and see what we can find for him to get to work on Monday.

My youngest grandson spent this morning help lifting those logs and they weren't exactly light ones. They just left to replace some electronics he needed which is why he was helping, he needed to earn some money someway. Itried to help, but the guys tell me no and shoo me onward...so I came in an made thm an kettle of meaty slurpy good spaghetti and fluffy biscuts for lunch today and yesterday I bought an "privacy Cabana" or in this case an dresssing area and porta potty for when they take the boat out this summer.  So we set that up and put it behind our fence for now... next to the boat. Put an tarp over it also for any rain. I started in this morning working and been at it all day long also. Cleaned up the patio out back of winter leaves, rearranged and cut on the shrubs an bit. I need to take an load to the dump, but sure can't do it until we get something to drive there in. Haven't walked today not yesterday, but I'm spent...someone send me to bed for some rest...Pleeze!!!  I got invited to the church one street over and I am not going to make ti tomarrow...this is an world prayer of all thier church members..perhaps I can say an prayer for them, if if I can't be there?Morgan Freeman does the National Geographic documentary tomarrow night on "God" also that I wanted to see on TV. My son came over today with his family ...he was with us last night trying to help us find another truck for his dad to drive. He looked at ours and announced, this timeit's going to take more moeny to fix it then it's worth. WE have known it's been coming for several years now. WE looked at about 15 trucks the other day....only two of them had less the 200,000 miles on them...there was an Cadallac SUV..which I didn't even know they made...the prices though are rediculous these days.  It would not be so bad if we didn't' need an pulling vehicle though....with retirement staring at us in the face, it will most likely be our last one for some time.  So guess I go an lay down an bit, and maybe things will be better when I get up...

Alaska just had an 6.4 quake in some Lake area  along it's chain, but they have an volcano erupting big time also right now...could of added to this quake....it looks in an remote area..if there is such an thing these days any more. Talk to you all later on..reminds me of my teacher/boss in college..Shirely why do girls cry? (n I think he meant his office staff back then)....I said because they feel helpless...but maybe its because they are over tired also...Ron...hand me an tissue..sniff, sniff....... I think I should dedicate tomarrow for an day off. To much going on at one time....at least my grandaughter gave me an nice big hug before they left. Grandpa and myself each... I gave my grandson one also, he says...I'm not leaving as yet...I said it's ok,..you've been working hard all day long. He's working on his "pay off" right now...with grandpa's help. Talk later on.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 02:28 on 4th April 2016

Well, I didn' t go with the guys this morniing to look at an potential truck to buy...they ended up having to make arrangments to see it tomarrow night anyway....I also missed the world wide church prayers this morning also and I seem to be having problems with "someone" I don't really know whom they are at the moment...though I do know that my brother is divorcing his wife and maybe an part of it...but besides the chicken McNugget toss last week, this week I went out to find nickels tossed around on the ground for some reason..so I decdied to hide them, one went into an rose pot and the other under an tree...like they use to hide thier money back in the olden days. I lucked out todayand ran into an store with everything 20 per cent off your entire merchandise sale...and I bought an outdoor furniture gazebo...and with some other things that were necessary..saved enough to cut down this week;s grocery bill in half and I needed this stuff I bought anyway. I was hungry hugry...starving to death but couldn't eat anything until I came home an took my blood glucose test...that was 127 today...so at 2 pm I ate my lunch. Took an bath and slept for 3 hours solid...I feel much better...and the rain is incoming on the western side of Portland right now.So I go for nowas I sent hubby out to buy an "burger" and work on this diet later on. I also bought groceries today so I will work on that tommarow also. They must not like me for some reason at McDonald's...cause they didn't take my order this morning and I waited like forever before I went in to find it onthe counter waiting to be brought out to me. ...that's why I missed the church world prayer group this morning. I talk to you all later on...but it was nice to rest for an bit today.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 07:55 on 4th April 2016

You have plenty on your plate Shirley and I don't mean food either! Good luck with finding a new truck and the one thiong that will help you is sleep, yes sleep deprivation is an illness on it's own so head down a bit more often is the order of the day.

Hi to all POEsters as usual.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 18:03 on 4th April 2016

Crazy this morning....yep, it's raining outside and I have no car...and wonder how I'm going to get those braces off my grandson's mouth tomarrow without an car to go an get him in.  My stomach is upset today also, losing all my gfodd again and in3 days...record heat for this time of the year...we might as well as go to climatized house bubbles over the entire property line of our yard I guess. Ones where the glass can turn shades darker to conbat the ultra-violetrays hitting and killing all the vegetation.

Ok...remember last year when Bill Gates was over in England around the "Lakes region" buying up millions of dollars of granite from the rock quarry in it's raw form. WEll, he's building an 13,000 employee "Apple campus" and it comes that in the process has developed an dirt pile the size and shape of an pyramid in Egypt..or getting there. So the new fascination with people that own Drones is to fly over it for progress reports on the bulilding..it will house an huge underground auditorium also....if this link doesn't' go through..go to earthboppin.net...earthquakes board and it's listed there in an link. Here goes ....

http:/wwwsfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/A-new-drone-video-over-Apple-s-campus-gives-a-7225583.php

It's the size of an ultra modern college campus alright....and I betcha part of England will be installed in it also...so what they do with this huge pyramid of dirt has me wondering.  Think he will use the rock from the Quarry and use elevators to an roof top resturant with an stunning view maybe? Hard telling...but the drones will keep us informed.

I will probably miss "Dancing with the Stars" tonight going over to look at this truck with the guys I guess you know. I miss my car already today...I have not been without my own set of wheels for an very long time...and in fact have walked into town to rent me an car when we had car problems in the past...or pick one out and they drive here and I take them back to thier office.  Well, I do have much work to get caught up in...like wash my clothes, set up an canopy or two...cause in 3 days it will be record heat coming in our area...85 degrees...it's barely into April...I'm glad we set up our air conditioner night before last.  I hope this is not an instant cold/heat laden year as none of us really need that sceanrio either. Talk to you later...I got in an sound 13 hours of sleep over yesterdayand feel much better except for the early stomach problems of cleaning out the weekend food I ate.  I am trying an new kind of "probiotics" right now also. Have an good day everyone!

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 20:18 on 4th April 2016
Good Evening --any one around??Smile