Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Exbury Gardens, Exbury, Hampshire

Exbury

in the county of Hampshire

A picture of Bardney

Bardney

in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

What's Happening at Wal-Mart?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:19 on 19th December 2015

Rumours regarding closures have become topical discussion it seems, so what is happening with Wal-Mart in the USA?

Some pretty bizarre thoughts are gaining momentum so c'mon POE members in the USA tell us what you think.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Roses
Roses
quotePosted at 16:26 on 6th January 2016
Nothing that I am aware of.  Maybe someone else in a different area will chime in?
Roses
Roses
quotePosted at 00:56 on 17th January 2016
UPDATE:  Apparently Walmart is closing some of their express stores. From what I heard recently in the news, only if there is a Walmart within 10 mile radius.  
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:43 on 17th January 2016
I think they over built in an few areas...two in Oregon are closing, both on the west side of Portland,,,but they are still all over the place...just cutting down inventory an bit maybe...and expenses. Hi Roses...how are you?
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 11:55 on 18th January 2016
Hard to imagine that such a huge concern could feel the pinch and have to close stores.
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 21:17 on 28th January 2016

In 2015, Walmart's sales in the US were $288 billion plus an additional $58 billion from their Sam's Club warehouses.  As of 2012, the 6 Walton family heirs were worth more than 49 million Americans combined. 

I believe the minimum wage in the US is $7.25/ hour or about £4.83/ hour. America has a number of public assistance programs for people on low wages to increase their income in one way or another. Americans, like anyone else, like low prices. It's my opinion that low prices there are indirectly being subsidised by the American government/tax payer, to the tune of $ billions per year. 

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:28th January 2016 21:24
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:58 on 31st January 2016

Hi Paul nice to see you here in the forum.

That 2012 statistic for the six is quite some figure eh? Makes you wonder what they intend to do with it all. As for the minimum wage I don't think it helps any of us and should be left to 'natural forces' meaning if the Employer can afford to pay okay, but if not you get what they can or move on.

I know that if I had the sort of money that you refer to above Paul I would be helping a lot of people in this world, but hey that's how those with money get it isn't it, the greedy b....s generally hang on to it.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:49 on 24th February 2016

You might wonder why Asda (owned by Wal-Mart) are losing money, but when they refuse to honour vouchers at the checkout and in a second incident are washing their delivery vehicles down with high pressure washers (as was the case yesterday alongside the customer walkway and within 30 feet of the ATMs) then wonder no more, get this Asda people don't want to get covered in fine dirty spray blown about in the air before entering the shop, or visiting the ATMs.

Needless to say I have written to the CEO and Customer Services Department about both incidents who thus far have failed to repsond, they totally ignore you it seems and as POE members will know this is not my first run-in with Asda Wheatley.

Get your act together Asda Store in Wheatley, Oxford before the site becomes a housing project.

Please login to post to this thread...