Charlestown

in the county of Cornwall

Netley Abbey. Hampshire

Netley

in the county of Hampshire

A Red Admiral

Whaley Bridge

in the county of Derbyshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 49 Next >

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 09:32 on 5th April 2016
Good morning to all who are around --enjoy the daySmile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 01:31 on 6th April 2016

Say...we turned one over James....good moderator!.....well, the grandson got his braces off this morning, after yearsof having them, and I sure hope now he will gain some weight and fill in like he should at his age. They took him in an got some of the new eye glasses also, that don' thave an heavy frame on them, and he looks more "with it" for his age in wearing them also.  I think he needs to turn more handsome also, as he's an Freshman now and you know how it is with the girls going to high school...he don't need to get carried away...but  needs the looks to gowith an sucessful time at school until he graduates and beyond. Took us all morning long also. Came home, ate my lunch and talked ot the neighbors cutting down some more trees and went shopping for the grandaughter's graduation. I cut the dress off I bought, tried it on and decided it wasn't as formal as it should be for the event, bu tam keeeping it for sumer time nights coming up instead. It will take me an while working on this clothing thing with th weight lost and I could lose another 20 pounds this summer to look much better. 

How is everyone doing?...just thought I'd ask. Next two days...unseasonable temerpatures...but we still have clouds, so don' tknow if it makes there or not. They have been coming an going all day long. Just made hubby an nice avacado and tomatoes salad with Salsa Ranch dressing and chilli burger topped with cheese for dinner. Nice icey diet coke to go with it all.  So am off and been getting more rest here lately also. Not been walking much for several days now...need some recuperating time I guess. I've lost 21 pounds since mid Janueary the hard way.I need the rest an bit. Taking it out on my I-Pod....and have gone up about 6 levels now since I was gripping about tthings last week...everytime that "Ad-Block" comes on...blinks after I log into a game...I lose them. I'm not as sucessful in them either and it drives me crazy not giving me access to the games immediately.  I ate my dinner earlier and a lighter version of it, with just the burger..no chili either)....so talk to you later on...have an good evening!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:21 on 6th April 2016

Very well done for losing the 21 pounds Shirley. Hard work I know, but worth it in the end!

Hi to all POEsters...

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 22:19 on 6th April 2016

Thank you  Ron, tomarrow is the Dr. Appt. and I didn't get the test results in my mail today...not going to be an longappt with that going on,,..just walked 3 miles...blodd glucose down to 107 before I ate lunch..an steak salad.

Ricahrd Nolle's Astropro.com astrology report for April 2016 says we will be having an "super new moon"..tha the now calls an "Stealth Spupermoon"....his window is April 4th through the 10th. WE have three things going on right now..

one the super new moon, second an uranus-pluto square, thirdly an Mars-Max period....which means in short words....earthquakes, storms, including sun flares, volcanoes, and people behaving "amok" for the most part...or the same old thing that is becoming daily life for some reason any more. It says it covers the western extremes of the UK, southern Greenland and in that area over to the usa...and down the west and south coastline in S. America. South Pacific is acting up right now with larger quakes. So not really to much unusal in ways. 

I bought an book yesterday...called "Legends" about women whom made an difference in the world written by women. From England came...Margaret Thatcher, and Prices Dianna...it covered them in sports, air flight...war time reporters. movie actresses, politicans, first ladies to the Presidents, creative women, cooks, Martha STewart, religious figures, such as Mother Teresa....several well known singers such as Ella Fitgerald, arrtists, , and poets. Freedom workers to make women's lives better ones....even Marlyin Monroe. I did not know the child abuse she put up with as an child...and it goes on to say...men always dominated her life for good or bad...until they didn' t want to be bothered by her presence.  Anyway, with Morher's Day coming up, I placed it on my coffee table for others to read. Has a bit about their growing up and thier personalites and what they did to make the world change in thier time. It would of been an hard book to chose just certain people though in my estimation.

Well, I got my summer clothes I think now, and shoes today...so I think I'm pretty much ready fro summer, and hope we find an truck soon...so we can give back hubby's boss his little pickup he's driving to work now......Maybe tonight?...not many decent trucks out there worth the prices they are asking in my estimation. We actually saw cars 15 years older with less miles on them, and yet they wanted higher prices on them because they were newer....but can't say exactly any better. I can see why when they leave the zero interest...people are buying more cars now then trucks. I heard the telsa 3 was purchased the first day by over 250,000 people here in the usa...I don' t know if it's electric like they have been making or not...most likely though....depends on if they kept the price down also. I go for now...everyone have an good day and see how things go later on with the transportation needs in my house. Have an good day!

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 22:23 on 6th April 2016
Not to co-herent sounding posting today....someone is trying to  fool around with me perhaps?....hope they stop.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:12 on 7th April 2016
Hi to all POEsters, have a great day...
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 09:15 on 7th April 2016

Good Morning to all-another stonker there Shirley keep em a cominSmile

Hows the blonde Shirley??Wink

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 20:49 on 7th April 2016

Why I'm just fine James...how nice of you to ask...how's the blonde....at least I hope you were not talking about Ron.....yeah, it looks like he has an little hair left after his hair-raising life every day.

I got the most "bogus" test results you ever saw today....yep, the nurse down in California said it would be bad and it is...the docotor still pushing pills over an cure. Made me take an thyroid test...so move over George Bush.  his isall about the alkies in my life I guess you know...... and nothing of the truth. I'm showing good blood glucose readings when my husband isn't yelling at me...I found him an pretty dicey looking truck myself this morning and hope to go see it tonight. One he can afford also. Not brand new...but maybe an car can suffice later on fot that...as I build up mileage going here and there doing things all day long. I think the ONLY thing they got correct on this test was my weight. Getting around to wanting an second opinion these days also. 

I guess I go for now....was blowing out like hades came to visit again thsi morning...heavy wind was something Oregon was never much good for except along the coast and sometimes in the fall...at least in the vallley area....Once again it dries things out really badly, one reason why in the pairies they couldn't grow an thing without irrigation. I keep thinking of my neighbors chopping down their trees and wonder if she knew that the Native Americans consider then the "spirit" of thier ancestors...or in this case...her ancestors.WEll, have an good day and it looks like an busy day also.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:16 on 8th April 2016

Hi...husband agreed the truck looked pretty dicey for th eprice, bu the doesn't like the big wheels on it, said it would cut down gas mileage...and ti didn't have running boards for me to get up into it, as it's an lifted up truck.  Gotan gorgeous inside though and an huge canopy on it...and very low miles and an price I can afford to pay right now, but he still wants to look around some. Maybe this weekend. 

I'm up tonight looking at thyroid symptoms...and I hate to admit it, but it sounds like I might indeed have some problems with an slow thyroid function...have to see what the testing shows...but this testing might be an reflection of it also in some of the bad areas. Just I get so irritated and working so hard to have such bad results. How bad is bad?...would you believe...Cholestrol 288..normal range...108/199...Triglyceride...580..range 25-149 normal....HDL..range 40-125...mine...33, Chol/HDL ratio....range 00-5.0...mine 8.7.....LDL range 0-99...,,see comment, I guess they mean this one...AIC test...3.0-5.6...mine 9.4...all these readings wouldn' tirk me so much if it werent for all the walking I'm doing and the dieting. But I guess...most these could been affected by thyroid problems also.  True I lost the weight...and true I have my blood sugar down, but it sure doesn't register that very well in this test. He keeps pushing more and more pills my way also...and I'd like to get off them,,,not on even more of them. If I have to have more of them, what purpose has been solved by that suggestion...none in my estimation.  I told him that today...if your making an younger person load up on meds now...what you going to give them 20 years down the road when they might really need it even more...an good way to kill them maybe?...cause they can't handle the over load of drugs. Leslie said one time, I never go to an doctor unless I really have to cause I know when I walk out...I'll be in worst health then when I entered the office to begin with. These tests are almost as bad as when I Had my stent placement in my artery.... and I'm nothing like back then health wise. So thanks for letting me lick my wounds of the day so far. 

I am not sure if I feel like beating the asphalt this weekend loking for something for hubby to drive to work next week...and so far not much looking very enticing to me either. He admitted though the truck tonight has some very good possibilites to it, except for the gas mileage and my being to short to climb into it. Talk to you later on...my blood pressure today was 132/64.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:14 on 8th April 2016
Good Evening to all Smile
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 49 Next >