Peebles

in the county of Borders

Tracks in the snow

Harwich

in the county of Essex

Eskdale

Boot

a Picturesque Village in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:27 on 17th April 2016

NO, No, NO Ron...the nuke plants and volcanoes are in Japan...where they are having all the earthquakes at right now and another today that was an 7.5 quake. Interesting is that people are looking into this and say they should be stopping.... then they had another biggie today...makes you wonder. The article they told me to read was from Reading..UK.... on electricity and the inosphere...and earthquakes..I went for my walk last night and this lady down the end of the street let her pit bull dog out with nothing on...no collar etc, leash....and it cornered me on the street...and while it was an puppy that wanted to "PLay" it still barked if I tried to leave...until she came out with an little kid...and I thought...boy, if this dog decides to get nasty....all I have to help me are the cars going by. So tonightI had hubby and two walking sticks apeice...and of course she wasn't home I don' t think....after this I walked around the corner which I saw an policeman's car....and thought maybe there was one inside...this is the same street my brother lives on...whom also has an pit bull dog named "angel".  He apparently knows when I'm mad at him and he apparently is to dam stubborn to change things...as DeeDee said...he had tears in his eyes when the divorce went through, but he wouldn't back out ot it...or so she says. Anyway....he saw me coming as he was mowing his lawn, he took one look at me and rolle dhis lawn mower up to his garage, shut it off and went inside and didn't say an word, leaving his dog outside...whom wanted to see me also, but leashed. I decided that if he's still ego based, I didn't want him kicking me off his lawn and getting huffy about it..though his Japanese neighbor was one of my class mates in school....I took his actions as agressive toward me. His neighbor I talk to at times when he's walking around the block in my area...if I'm outside then.....we all stop and talk to each other here... as we walk.

WE spent the day taking the wheel chair lift out of the truck and then they put in on our old truck...left the bed of his truck empty for now I guess, so  it looks more impressive?...I was all geared to start working on the inside of the back of it for taking on vacation this summer...but it got held back today and then some.I guess another day maybe.

Started reading another book called "Tthe Fifth Gospel"...it's an I guess kind of detective book, not sure as yet,,,about two guys who lose thier mother after their dad had died...and thier uncle is an Cardinal in the Vatican...he sets them up in an apartment there...and they raise themselves...the older brother got an job through his uncle and became an priest eventually...the younger marries but his wife leaves him one day with their little son to raise...she was dying of Cancer and her depression got to her...she walked out on them appparently...so he's been raising his son, but his uncle sets up an "nun" to watch him now while he works..as his older brother is doing missionary work. The older brother was flying back in to see his brother...and there's an murder of an mutual friend that was setting up an Art Show coming up...they barely get that taken care of with the police and come home to find out someone had broken into the apartment with the nun and child and ransacked the place before leaving...as they hid in the closet in the bedroom.  So everything is up in the air as to what it's all about.... and by whom.So I have to read some more maybe tonight.

WE had to get my grandaughter home early today because she had to go with her mother and get an "prom dress" she chose an nice one, but she's not sure about the colors...it's red with an black lace sheer kind of overcoat on it..and strapless...all you see of the red is an inverted red piece of the dress, which these are the school colors. so over-all it has but an hint of red to it.She said there was an black one she thought about getting also...but with her long dark hair, I think with the right assessories if will be stunning on her.  I suggested she use an white orchid with red center flower arrangement and perhaps crystal necklace...and I happen to have one, if I can find it..take it out to her maybe.She could use one on the dress and maybe another small one on her wrist....or in her hair even that night...depends. A "touch" of color would go better. She said she gets her graduation pictures in about two weeks. I told...I wanted one definately!

So with grocery shopping that' s how my day's gone...how's yours been? I feel like an proverbial "air" balloon tonight with my stomach...and I guess one of our younger use to be scouts,,,now dad of two little kids was in quite an accident the other day...got smacked twice by two differnt cars. He came out of it all pretty good except fo rth epains and aches of beign thrown about in it.Lost his truck in the process....crazy world out there...last weeknd this time the actor "Tom Hanks" was in town...got lost and all kinds of people showed up to help him find his way.It would of been nice to talk to him, I understand he has diabetes also these days. He remind me somuch of Justin, one o four scouts...you know what...we use to go back then to an arcade an play compouter games....I go thim to help me play an game made after Arnold Swartneggar that was popular back then...where he's kind of an robot saving an mother and little kid....well, it took sheer complete concentration of two people to play this game and we broke it one night. It followed the movie...but one person had to be there an pick up for the other one to win that game. it was like breaking the bank in Vegas to make it completely through it and by golly we did it...I was ready to by the whole place an round of drinks.. but they couldn't drink... and didnt' serve it there anyway...LOL The game I'm on in my Ipad...you can only get so efar without buying your way into winning to the next level and it leaves me irritated and giving up more then playing these days. It use to be relaxing fo rme...but not any more..it's more of an disappointment. 

So, I guess I should get going, been an long day for me. Better lay off the things I should not be eating this week and "get with it" as they say if I'm going to keep losing weight. Esp now that I know I have an under active thyroid to battle in the process. That I do not need and hope as I lose weight it normalizes more so. So have an good evening and talk later on...

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:39 on 17th April 2016

Thanks for putting me right on that Shirley.

Usual interesting post telling us exactly what your day is like. All I can say is that I am glad to be in the UK where although we do get quakes, they do not normally cause us problems'.

Hi to all POEsters... 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 03:38 on 18th April 2016

Mayday..Mayday...bad day!......California is on alert the next 48 hours fo ran earthquake...because of the Equcudor (sp?).... Quake yesterday.....http:www. SupterStation95.com.  There's an whole momtain shifting down there with no explaination currently and so far no earthquakes either. Since that earthquake there's people reporting an constant vibration going on in the US and they say we are next, possibly the "big one" in California/maybe west coast...so thought I'd put out my Mayday while I can, cuase most computer will most likely go out....Shelia put that to rest when she said....they havent' stopped enough with the aftershocks goign through the whole world on the recent big quakes going on....three volcanoes are going off Colima, Mexico. one in Alaska/maybe two....but one in Japan also. 

Went walkimg over to the Golf course today and it was an tragic experince with my stomach acting up...I headed over for the bushes and tried to hide myself between the trail path and the road before I lost eveything on it pretty much....not good.  Embarassing also to say the least, but went on today to do another 5 miles...so that makes 7 miles and guess what...the police responded to Red Sunset Park from last year's incident there and posted Video camera' s in the park...not an bad idea at all.

The crazy phone calls from my sister....you know she actually bought an car here awhile  back and I was glad of that because she has to go to the "center" as she callls it for monitoring....it's hard in bad weather and an good ways away also. BEign oklder and I think Thomas Woosley spoirit infested also....she always passes on th emost dire and stupid thought my way to follow suit on....for instance...seh called the other day....and said...I had problems to day with my car....I said what happened...seh said I'd been shopping and went to get into my car ans it wouldn't start...but some nice guy came by and he helped me...he told me I had to put it in Park to start it...O00j..Kay...whatever you say.....then yesterday she calls me up and she says...another car problem...what was this one?...well, it seems I left my iginition turned on my car for 8 hours and it killed my battery....again an nice nieghbor used his road service to get them to jump her battery so she could get it started again...in both times she reminded me "I just took my insulin shot"....but she says it like she's giving me her health problems...makes me angry...cause she does nothing for herself or she wouldn' t be on insulin shots....she's as bad as my pill pushing doctor these days.I know the day if anything does happen to me, my hubby will drop like her worse then an flat pancake and never see her again. Like my dad was, he's tired of her weird problems an dthey keep an close on eye on her these days in case it gets to worse to throw her in an nursing home and I knwo she dosn't want them to take her freedom of living away from her by any means. Most of us don't anyway.

So the wind blew like hades today and again I watched all my budding spring plants dry out and fall off...they heavily chemtrailed and it never phased the wind in the least bit....so tomarrow I will go out and cut off my dafodils for starters.  Last i heard it was getting into the mid 80-s today also. So..new week starts tomarrow and just in case there's any truth to this stuff coming out of California right now had hubby go buy 5 cases of bottled water for me before we had dinner tonight. Things are really bouncing all over the place around the Pacific Ocean. Have an good day..."dancing with the stars" tomarrow nigh!!!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 06:51 on 18th April 2016
Hi to all POEsters...
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 02:45 on 19th April 2016

WEll, today...hum. I just went through your article on Reading, Engalnd...was it named that beecause of it's acedemicls in town or because of the family name?....So far looking up this family that married Benjamin Franklin,and kin to me...I've found the name of Read... Reed, Reid, Rede, and an few others way back there in history...but not in England at that time....nice pictures that were posted of it though.  Edward Lever is an good photography buff...does his pictures well. 

Ok, I knocked out this morning and quietly slept all day long not meaning to....dorr wide open, my cats outside...silly of me...don't know why I was so tired.I couldn't stay awake because I went to bed the night before about my ususal time. April 18th....let it be known we had last August temperatures otuside also, and will tomarrow...one place across the Columbia has 90 degrees today...Kelso, Washignton. Here in POrtland it was 86 degrees...most unusual this tim eof the year. Wind...off an on...I choppe doff nearly an dozen of my daffoidils it's dried out andkill the blossoms on.

My book, the friend that was murdered....the art exhibit fella for the VAtican....he was getting ready to display in this exhibit the "Shroud of Turin"....Jesus burial cloth....so now maybe the name of the book...The Fifth Gospel  title comes into play. Thsi man had traced it's history before it arrived in the town of Turin where it's been kept allthese years and very rarely shown to the public. So I guess we unfold what is the information on what he found to where someone wanted to end his life maybe?

So it is I understand the Queen celebrates her 90th birthday this Thursday...Happy Birthday!... Last year her 100th Jubliee was kind of exciting to watch on TV. I must get going for now, we just laid down an new outside patio rug for this summer....and trying to get caught up from this morning...so talk to you all later on.es "Dancing with the Stars" is on tonight also. Suer am glad I brought out the air conditioner couple weeks ago.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:34 on 19th April 2016
Morning/afternoon to all POEsters, have a great day my friends.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 06:30 on 20th April 2016

What an day...hot again..86 degrees...unbeleivable for mid-April.  I had hubby walk me in the park tonight before going to Scouts...he just came in an put his arm around me and said...just on the news....an cougar spotted at Red Sunset Park today....I was there walking 3 miles this morning and with hubby two more miles this afternoon.  Yes, cougars have been killed several blocks away at an elementary school..they apparently come up the Sandy River and crossover by the college on the other side of this elelmentary school. So where I go now?....when I was walking from my house into the area o fthe last shopping center for an bite of lunch and back, they said along the highway they had spotted an cougar one time and stopped me on that one also. At least I guess I know why everyone there today had big huge dogs with them on leashes.  Kids were doing some kind of sports field actiivty there tonight also. I know they have soccer games there as well. Hum...

Tonight finds me cooling my baked chicken after cutting it up, so I can make some chicken salad for sandwhiches tomarrow. Tired as I got my days mixed up with my nights so didn't get to sleep until about 3 :30 am this morning and was walking by 10 am...spent some of the day re-arranging outdoor patio furniture and covering some of it up as tomarrow supposedly the showers start coming in...but should be sporadaic ones. We put an campy over my lawn swing, but added another matching plastic tarp over it today also.''so i fit does rain I don' thave to take the cushions off of it. Maybe I need some rest from the walking also, my leg's been aching me last day ro so. It's not easy for an old lady like me to walk 15 miles in three days you know...trying to even out over an week because of the incoming rain. I could use an leg messager as times.Gesh, well there's an Lake in th epark and all kinds of ducks also. I love watching them take off, swirl in the air and come back down again.I go make my chunky chicken salad for tonight and go to bed...talk to you all later on. I wonder what brought the cougar into the area,the last time was an drought..... and it was looking for water and food me thinks. I would like to say that theyput them down.... to take them back up the mountain, but they never tried the last time...they thought "Kids"...kill it....and they did...in an tree.... at an house adjacent to the school field. I noticed also today there was an County Park service truck in the park also. Losing weight is hard to do these days with all this going on.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 16:00 on 20th April 2016
Good Afternoon on this bright sunny day.Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 22:31 on 20th April 2016

They were showing last night two areas of severe thunderstorms were possible today...some directly over Portland and one cell coming up the Cascade range to the south fo Mt. Hood. But they are chemtrailing so massive, I doubt they happen. I was awken this morning my massive left leg cramping on me...so that means I can barely walk today and am not walking. So I went to Peir One imports to see what kind fo things they had on clearance for my patio...besides placemats for the alll glass table we have on the patio. I ended up with an little sand piper wiith an clock in his tummy, seashells and an nice candle...and an small picture of some kind fo flowers fo rth ebackground and the side of the house. Looks like white Dandilions on and bright deep blue background. It was 2/3 th eprice on clearance...and all together they look great out there so far. I finished thing off by nicely laying down an tube of sunscreen off to the side.

Today's news was good an bad...politicians got togeher and decided to alllow re-vamping the tribal villages along the Columbia River near The Dalles...they said it's badly needed right now. They are also looking into dental issues for Native Americans on Reservations.  Locals got together an bought out the Wallowa Lake Lodge to fix it over again also. Intel is laying off 10,000 employees to change thier company into doing more then just computer chips, they want to get in on the newer technologies coming up in smaller hand held devices. I made arrangements togo with Sarah this weekend to look at hearing aides...hoping to get that resolved before the grand-daughter graduates...and if it works out..maybe look into some partime work for me... with truck payments here pretty soon.....Will have to see how that goes. Bought my first patio tomaote of theyear in it's own planter an bit ago.I'm not doing much in the way of flowers this year...bought two small bags of northwest flower seeds for my area and for sprinkling over the flower beds to make up for all the plants I lost due to last year's drought conditions...chopped off the rest of the spring dafodils the hot dry winds killed off this morning also. Think I'' go back and read my book some. Who the 5th gosple is in this book I don't know as yet...but they are so far responsible for the murders and mayhem in it. I did not know as an secret society of it's own the Catholic priest's could be such bad thugs over religion..let alone tellinghouse they beat up so badly.. to swear an oath to not identify whio they are..such is political issues these days.  Talk to you later...let you know if we get those thunderstorms cause they looked serious on th eprojected weather patterns for today. Not ones building up...but incoming storm cells........Have an good day everyone!

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 22:05 on 21st April 2016

Good morning..last night was so increditably wild aroud here.  If it's still posted, kgw.com dropplar radar  had an picture of the lighteing strikes over the Gresham  Fred Meyer store last night...branched out in three different ways...the storm cell came over amid an crisis going on and then some...Life light helicopter was taking two teenage girls to the hospital...from an hit an run, one was said in crtical condition of the store.....and behind them the big commerical airplanes landing at PDX...were skirting around this storm cell and really flying low. Where this accident happened just east of Fred Meyers on Kane Road....traffic, both lanes was stiopped for miles on end....down the hill and past the college even.  We had went to get some outside chairs and went home the back way and by then the lightening strike were really hitting all over the place fo rmiles around...I came home an shut off much of my electrical devices like computer/tv and such...read my book instead. The cougar in the area has now killed 3 cats...I'm not walking Red Sunset Park I guess you know....and to sum it all up..I've had an night of beign up with circulation problems and pain in my legs. Not as bad as my sister in-law that passed away, but enough I've been putting deep heat rub and taking tylenol for the pain. By tonight they say rain comes in an dit's going to be an soaker evening...lost of chemtrails out there now that are hazy looking in the sky...and of course that dam wind...how we tame it down?

My book took an turn...the fifth gospel is John's...and it's not the same as Mark, Luke or Mathhews wordage...and this is an problem suppsodley with the Shroud of Turin in this book.  John cames Jesus was wrapped after spices and herbs accroding to Jewish burial in "cloths" of linen...where as th eother three say he was only wrappped in an cloth. thsi book says that the shroud was takne later into Edessa to an Greek Orthadox Church fo rsafe keeping also...and by the crusades, the Catholics had stollen it from them....that's how it got into FRance. But he saysthat it is on John Pauls' agenda to try to unite both these churches and hwo can they if this information is leaked out and more so in this book they were going to try to keep the shroud as an relic at the Vatican forever....so hence they think the reason behind the art exhibitor's murder.The church has set up an church tribunal blaming his friend that found him. and forcing his brother to help defend him...lots of cover ups going on also....as who done the murder. But it's well known amoung most of the people, it's not whose beign set up fo rtaking the fall for it. So now we go through the details of really happened as they investigate for the trial. 

I guess I needd an big dog of some kind to take walkign with me as everyone that has one has them with them righ tnow around these parts. I go check on my kitty' cats, the want out so badly in the decent weather they stand by the door.....it's said cougars jump 6 foot fences also. So did my part wolf dog at one time. They put out 800 more police around the clock total looking for this big cat....once they found the dead cats it had killed. I must get going for right now mysefl..still lots to do..as every day...have an good one and glad yesterday is over no!!!