Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 23:51 on 6th January 2017

Hi there....was the extra room above reserved for an picture to be posted.... or for Donald Trump?... I'm just kidding.

Last couple night's about 3 am or so..bad "attacks" going with the laser bit....had my legs weaken again and every time they shoot what ever it is that affects our electrical componet that affects our muscles ans nerves...I coudn't sleep, as we  all know that has this affecting them, and ended up falling flat on my face in the dark as I rubbed down from my hip to my feet creme to block the pain. Good thing I have thick white shag carpeting to fall on. But then I also slep 12 hours to make up for the trama off all this also. WEll, Saturday night last bad bunch of snow is to fall locally and with an bit of ice and then clear out for an week of warm rain. Hope it's not to warm an rain and to much rain...or there will be flooding going on also.

I'm half way through "Solomon's Curse" in an Cussler book with the Fargo's...an man and woman team that likes adventure...last night someone broke into the hotel room. Why.. they don' tknow as yet. They found an sunken city of long ago, and are ecavating it, found out someone had been there before an took the gold...where to?...so they are tracing down that right now..it appears possibly the Japanese in world war II as they were evacutaing the area..or Solomon Islands.  There was an ship went down in very deep water that is an suspect right now...as one person said at those depths it went down it would be like raising the Titanic again. Meantime an rich guy is planning an cope to take over the islands for its exploration of mineral wealth also...so things are moving right along!!!

Sissy is still here, but went to meet an friend at the Mall...she hasn[t been out of the house much lately...just back and forth to work. I don't know if she will be back with her mother this weekend or not...has Sunday off I guess. It depends on the weather most likely. I think everyone is wishing things would return to normal again.

Stayed about 80 per cent on my Paelo diet this last week, hope to eventually get there an bit better next week and lost some weight...I found my $8,000 Metaformin pills..but so far not my creitd card as yet. My earing aides should be coming in any time now also.  I don' tunderstand why sometimes I can hear with no difffculty now, other times things are completely" blank" sounding to me.  Wonder a bit about that, but not paying for $2,000 dollars worth of hearing aides until things correct themselves... or I find out.  I'm thinking maybe an try "take over" by another entity perhaps. Which means I'm not being my own self these days at times. At any rate I must get going for now and see

what else needs to be put away from Christmas...not to much. I decided if this leg problem doesn' tleave I'm going to take the closet at the top of my stairway and cut an hole in the bottom of it and put in an pulley chair to the hallway down below and aoid having to climb my stairs....it's flat ground down there and I can go in an out of the garage.craft room...plus if I do this I want something I can hang an bag on top the chair to haul up groceries and other stuff...as hubby's arm isn't getting any better I suppose. Though I think much of his illness he plays up to not have to do thiings around the house.  That's what makes me angry at him, he always has time to help others. He was the one started out with the falling down and leg problems. 

Have you heard of the 3-2-1 dessert in an coffe cup...it's only 80 calories and is listed on line...they say the one you use with angle food cake and chocolate cake and water in an coffe cup and cooks one minute in your microwave oven is the best receipe..more like an fudge brownie.

I must get going for now as the weekend starts tomarrow and the last of this year for the Christmas tree re-cycle.

So.....have an good weekend yourself and enjoy it..talk later on...kemokae.. 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 06:07 on 8th January 2017

well, what an exciting day...we started it being 15 mins late at 3 am this morning getting sissy out the door to her  job....then it snowed an bit this afternoon...and by 5 pm...things are ar an stand still through out the state...and local news interupts with Major storm hits the metro area (Porland) and everyone stayd off teh streets except for the major freeways. They showed an picture  of I-84..our major east west freeway in the state...in eastern Oregon ther's bliizard condtions with the wind...can't but barely see 20 feet of your car. I think they closed an section down on it, and northern California/southern Oregon I-5...sno wis no tthat deep, it's the ice that makes everyone not able to move very well. Posted downtown Portland...must be on traction tires, chains, or simiiar...or expect to get an "ticket".  So everyone is staying home....like me, making an roast beef dinner with the trimmings...including homade biscuits.

Just finished reading my book I was discussing lastt night...they ended it by finding the treasure....what appears to been an cave of crystal and gold polished to look like glass, the whole chamber has an slight glow to it and what was of an royal court of tall people in perfect mummfied state....17 feet tall. With all the jewels and gold they found in it will preserve them in an museum forever...and as usual all the bad guys were killed or caught by the local police authorities...and an civil war stopped instantly.So now what?I'm watching tiny home nation right now, have two of my three grandkids here tonight...oldest grandson spent today with grandpa and his dad at the tree recycle.  My son went to this second job...driving an tow trucjk for ODOT along the main corridor at Mt. Hood and helping those in need of help. I imagine he will feel better as the really bad weather abates for an time.

It sure does not feel like an typical Saturday night though. So I go an lay down an while...I have not slept to much since 3am.Have an good day everyone...many churches here are cancelling Sunday services....should all be melted by Monday sometime. 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 03:44 on 9th January 2017

I'm back....well canada just had an 5.8 quake off shore  possibly...not hearing of any damages or iinjuries.  I keep

getting an call up there from unavailabe in Quebec...and haven't aswered them as I don't know anyone up there off hand I can think of exactly....OK..since the storm hit last week we have had 750 traffic incidents, with 400 0f those car fender benders and most the rest were car rollovers or sliding off the road all together. Few were bike or pedestians problems. No deaths occured. I woke up to my livingroom picture window completely iced over this morning...all gone tonight so the thaw is here now.

getting back to putting Christmas away for thsi year...only have an few things in two rooms. Done book reading, did about 400 pages last couple of days. It was interesting to see Mary Queen of Scots rosary beads in the National Geo graphic booklet....don't see to much of those kind of artifacts. 

Tonight all the winter new season TV shows start...so I'll leave you for now and talk tomarrow...have an good evening and an great New Year! 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 04:39 on 10th January 2017

Well, why can't I find my credit card?.....I came home to find my car key missing for about an year on the table, and going through all my stuff..found my missing prescriptions, today some more of my jewerly, and 25 dollar gift card qnd an 100 dollar bill.but I've been high to low in the room and no credit card as of yet. My hearing aides arrived tonight, but it's going to take some time to learn how to tune them for satisfaction and hearing. I didn' tsleep most of all last night either...so slept about six hours when I did fall to sleep until 12:30 am...washing clothes and linens from

Christmas rest of today, and finished un-decorating the last two rooms needed done...packed up and ready to be stored. Still got to pick up my sister's decorations...they are saying 1 to 3 inches of snow Tuesday night. I don't relish taking that 45 minute drive over to her house in bad weather either.

Where's "Ron".....he's an Wheatley...they are kin to the McAdoo's/MacAdow's over here... my James Larkins married Mary McAdoo....then she married Benjamin F. Clark....his namesake son killed his brother in-law supposedly...then went to Oklahoma..did an bit of prison time also.....supposedly. I see now what Kentucky historians mentioned to me.... we don't believe all we re told these days. Sarah McAdoo was the wife of John Larkins, Sr and sister Mary  or daughter... married James Larkins. These records don' t sound right to me, Ron, what you know about the Wheatley family over here if anything? Where they might of come from over there also.

With that I go for now I guess...it's been an long day and then some. Talk later on. Have an good day everyone! 

quote | editPosted at 00:05 on 11th January 2017

Good morning...lots of controversey today...Trump wants to elminate
Obama care" without putting in an substitute health care package as that is done, there are some over 300,000 people enrolled for it just recently besides the other ones al ready enrolled....I see some more possibe problems. First protesting, secondly tearing the hell out of  health clinics possibly.  He wants to wipe it out right away with nothingto cover the medical cost for up to maybe threr years before Congress can manage to get another package of health care to cover these epenses. Don' t hurt your American tourist, they may not have health insurance....but then again, they may to chose to stay over there also.

Ron, been checking more into this bit of the McAdoo's family...and not coming up with some same data as years before on them....said they came from suffolk co., England....my old records say they came from Scotland. AS married to the Gibbs/Gibson family...that makes them related to me twice now...one through my father maternal line and another through my mother paternal line....what I find out about them all indicates possibly an part Native American lineage...then it says that they chose to kiill everyone they ran into down in North Carolina that had such blood in their veins. I never did find an "General Jarman" either and certainly never heard of him with what I know of these families...there was an famous military one in the Eastern Pacific though in WWII....they remained to the British cause during the Revolutionary war...don't know about that one as the British were holding thier prisoner's on ships in North Carolina. Crest web sites are saying that the name of "Jarman" is an Angle-saxon name for German, before William the Conqueor...but my grandmother remarried an second time to an "Jordan" and while she was German, I pretty sure her hubby was "French" possibly....hugenot in earlier days. He was into early Virgina dat on the first founding town in Jamestown Massacre days...1605.  AS for as my research is concerned the MCAdoo.McAdow name came form the French "Anjou" European family and are an element of the King Authur family at one time also. Plantagents married into that line also...as Queen of England. Except for the their lineage I  with teh McAdoo kin....can't find anything out much about the Wheatley family over here. There's  been an lot of "playing around" with the data over here to the years to me. Only on eI have so far found is an Sir Thomas Jermyn that was high Sheriif of Sufflok Co., Eng. in 1579. No offense, but he sounds kind of out of character there, though I think south-eastern England had an long time history with possible "iron workings" and they would include the Germans....and most likely the Roman's and Muslims from Spain later on from very long ago. Over here they married into the "Cox" family and Maragret Cox has such an mixed up legacy I ended while in Nashville, Tenn doing my research work on her out of their old jail made into an historical society...If indeed....George Rogers Clark had an child by her as I suspect...that might be why...and he might be an Larkin that the brother in-law was named that Benjamin Clark, Jr. murdered before marrying Mary McAdoo..but according to the the Clark..Meriweather Lewis family on" untold America"...the Lewis family say that their ancestor was indeed murdered....they think because he was about to reveal something publicly....that William Clark had an child by thier Indian woman guide and she was married to an Frenchman at the time. At any rate...William Clark paid for the child's up bringing.She was originally part of the "Dan Tribe" near the Canadian..US border. 

Now, why do I see Mary Queen of Scott's rosary of gold beads with an cross of Jesus in what looks like it was surrounded with pearls?....Jesus.  Was it because she was Queen of England, France and Ireland at one time...or maybe she wanted all three countries surrounding "Jesus" as I find it an interesting comcept. I have been getting an image of an "Hog" around thsi woman to ding out one of her three husband's estate was callled
Hogshead" recently. I at times think of that term sometimes referring to "PIg Iron"...or old time
Iron works" in England also. The main reason Roman paid England an visit in early years, looking for iron to make into weapons and chariots and mail for Templar knights later on, helped by the Muslims by way of King Edward II or the fourth at one time....it also came handy in ship building also. Then Benjamin Frankliin made hsi famous wood stove also. What is the people living off the land these days always have....wood stoves.

I go for now, the blonde gal showed up again last night to beat on my legs again, she apparently wants me to be physically disabled for some reason. Maybe so she's not or some such...I'm checking around for an nice Shaman ritual to get rid of her if I can, or find out what her real problem is perhaps....but upon waking, I could hardly walk again today. Snow and ice all gone...but coming back tonight possibly for another 1 to 3 inches. Talk to you later on. Stay warm everyone. Have an good day and night...if you run into any blondes trying to beat on you...see if she has an reason for why she's doing it. It's getting to be an pretty vivid experence when you wake up and can hardly walk. 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 00:12 on 12th January 2017

Well, looks like it's your turn over there for the snowy weather...we woke up this morning to 8 to 12 inches of snow, car chains required to drive downtown Portland...all and everything "closed" for the day...and 18 wheeler trucks stuck on the freeways for closed road, closed traffic ramps...for miles an miles...and trees down all over the place. People have spent the day cleaning snow off sidwalks and roads in general. Decided to do as much clothes washing as I could for the time being, with lots of it to do also....and cooking. So very glad I filled the pantry and freezer just after the Chrismas Holidays also. Now comes some cooler wind and it don' t leave until later this weekend before we are out of the ice and snow....and into next week. 

I'm not getting much sleep either...we had an rare "Snow Lightening" event last night...not the ususal kind.. it was an burst of pink lightening as it snowed and then the thunder clap...but the electricy from it in the air.. really did an number on my legs for pain...I was using the double amount of Aspere cream pain deadner....and didn' t get much sleep at all. Hubby didn' t go to work today either...been shoveling snow and bringing in firewood and talking to his office people....busy. We got about 5 inches here at my house...but the neighbor's trees slowly bent over in my back yard to resemble an jungle out back in my yard....you could probably climb them for 20 feet high from limb to limb...not much we can do to them, will take some time I guess. I go for now, finsishing reading another book I had laid aside last Sept.  Talk to you later on... bundle up and keep warm!

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 04:38 on 13th January 2017

How's your snow over there?......we still have ours....but you know an convoy of snow plows came by way of Seattle, Washingotn last night, with an good many more of trucks filled with salt for the streets...get alll the major freeways opened up and downtow Portland...and the utitlty companies were out along with private service to get the trees cut off the cars and off the buildings...one them the downtown Library....at least had windows knock out o fit up to the htird floor. Still below freezing today and will be until this next weekend....and single digets at night time. Govenor Brown declared us an "state of emergency" to help pay the  ocasts of this storm. Last time ti was this bad was in 1963 I think they said. WE can get out now, bu tthe street is still covered with packed snow now....of course nights we stay home....kids came in today to check on me. I di dnot sleep for 24 hours yesterday due to leg problems and pain. Icocked out this morning though and slept into the afternoon. I made hubby some really heavily laden blueberry pancakes wiht maple syrup, 2 eggs over easy, three pieces of the ham bacon, three slices fresh orange... and an big cup of coffee, he just wolfed it down for dinner....I think he really liked it. But you know...I get tired of the same sort of dinners of meat/potatoes/veggies at times. So I am off to journal my diet.....and read my book...and talk to everyone later on...have an good evening..... where you may be and what your doing....Kemokae 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 20:57 on 13th January 2017
well, I got off to an fine start this morning...I heaved up my bowl of cereal...but for some reason I feel better...the sun on the whiteness of the snow is bothering me also..much to strong for my eyes, guess after I get things cleaned up will go back to reading perhaps. So I go for now and see if the rest the day is any better. Things are melting but very slowly...no, my street is still vovered with snow..... Talk to you later on...
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:45 on 15th January 2017

WEll, th egood news is that I go tout today for the first time in three weeks....bad news is I didn't know this snow we had recently was as bad as it was...even major roads are snow filled as yet...but the good news is...rain is comiing...the bad news is we hope we don't have flooding...godd news is we will do the best we can.

Good news...since I have went on my Paleo diet..in two weeks I've lost 5 pounds...if I can lose another 2.5 pounds I will be under 200 pounds...and goal I've tried many many times to achieve and haven't been able to do it...but it means I will be under 200 pounds for the first time in 27 years...my leg pains went away today also...and hubby

took me shopping today and helped me with the groceries and sacking them up and taking them out and even held my hand going in to make sure I didn't fall crossing the snowy slushy parking lot...which I noticed an LOT o fmen were doing today in general. So..I made him an really good Paleo dinner today also...brown gravy on extra lean meat...big fresh salad and fresh fruit chunks and we even had an donut...well, that's not good, but he says you can do that now and then on this diet.So I'm cleaning house again ...he put away the Christmas things today fo rme also...big help there.

I'm just about done on reading book three....total..600 pages in two weeks. Oddity happened today also, was laying on teh sofa with my kitty having some "quality time" between us and got an phone call, shows up at the bottom of TV...from "anonomous"...well I couldn't get up fast enough to answer it to see who it was...because I have talked to an "anomous" before...these are the dudes here awhile back that said because our Government is security bad these days...and his group were shocked an angry over the Paris bombing that they decided they would attack the terroist problem themselves with Isis...by finding them an dclosing down their financial means to do these things...and when I asked my hubby to check the phone callls...he said my last phone call coming in came from my sister...he didn't see an "anomous" on it...you don't think maybe somehow he tapped into my hacker today do you?Last time I heard from this guy he was on "coasttocoast" radio show...and no one knows his real identity either. He calls you ,.. you can' t call him. So I'm pondering that one also.

WE slipped and slide an bit going to the stores today and I could see everyone on the streets were taking thier time and trying to keep away from each other, red lights were crossed but people couldn't stop at times and people alllowed them to go ahead also...but we went into town and there's barely an few down to the asphalt "spots" in tire tracks here and there. Tomarrow will be three days since the snow stopped also...but things are very much still at an stand still. Stores are in ways very empty also...except fo tthe grocery stores...they were an mad house.

So with that...I go, am washing my small bathroom rugs right now from over Christmas..and doing odds and ends to perk up the place in general......talk to you all later on...have an good evening! 

Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 17:30 on 16th January 2017

Hello all,

hope this finds those on the other side of the pond doing well,

it has been snowing so much as of late, the ski resort nearest our home has already had over 200 inches of snow, we expect more as the snowiest months are usually now thru March.( we shall see what that brings)

i miss seeing so many familiar folks here, (sk and the Mr. Ron are always popping round) i hope the regulars will soon return.

i will be making my donation to help keep our "Poeville" up and about soon, i hope the rest of the members will be as well.

until next we meet,    Cheer ho !