Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Kersey, Suffolk

Kersey

in the county of Suffolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:56 on 16th January 2017

Hi to all POEsters wherever you are. As Judge Rick says, why not leave a comment or two and make it like the old days? It would be nice to hear from new members also, c'mon we won't bite! lol

And Shirley some real lengthy, but interesting posts as usual. I don't know where you find the time to write so much but hoping you keep them coming of course.

I've been busy teaching the grandchildren to drive along with hospital appointments here and there that take time also, never seem to get a free day, but not complaining wouldn't have it any other way as the kids come first.

The days are getting longer and naturally lighter in the evenings, anybody noticed yet?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:32 on 17th January 2017

Good to see you Ron, yes as I was cleaning out my desk..still haven't found the credit card yet..I was looking at some of the notes I'd recived in the past from POE members....telling me what they were up to lately. Thingds were suppose to warm up and melt today...they didn't and tomarrow the same with warmer temperatures, but it starts off with freezing rain turn to rain. I'm going stir crazy...and my body hurts from sitting and laying to much. I called up my neighbor and left her an message to maybe we could go out to dinner this weekend somewhere. That's after hubby takes care of Christmas trees stacked up from the REycle out at another's house. The weather so bad last Sunday  before...they never really had it that day. He took me out shopping instead....in answer to your question yes, it is an bit lighter out these days but not very much as yet. I've been doing 2017 astrology predictions on the Eclipses comin gup in February and the year in general. It sounds choatic and will take time to assimulate this year, th ekey note is monarchs/leaders/and those in high places will be leaving the limelight more or less to say. One of the eclipses will make through Portland carrying with it ..issues with it concerning decisions made by  the courts on some of the issues of the day...the other eclipse will have an effect of an full moon, but be an partial lunar moon. The country most affected in Europe this year will be "Germany" Saturn rules this year is th eplanet that is an task master to us all not an" party" maker....it's one that requires ust to work things out. Also coming in this month the Chinese New Year, the "Rooster"...who likes to be seen, followed and organized....esp with his staffing.  He will wake you up and say...let's get busy now.

Weather is cold tonight and it feels it and I've aready put an layer of Aspere cream pain number on my hip joint and my ankle..... of which both feels like an I have" arrow" sticking through them...keeping me from peacefully going to bed for some sleep...day four I've stayed up nights and slept pretty much all day. We had an man and his 12 year old son swept into the ocean and they today deided to suspend looking for them which for some reason is on my mind bothering me also. I wonder if it's phoney balony news. Warming centers downtown are still open and operating for the homless...but everyone has an case of "cabin fever" there also.  

I have not seen to much on your snow that was expected to fall across England...and see where Prince Harry wants Kate to meet with his girlfriend....tabaloids are nasty to them also...say there may be an shot gun wedding for them in the near future. Who cares, he's old enough to elope if he wants to these days. I think he ought to marry just to have more members to their family these days.Been watching the Alaskan Bush family building their town out in the rural part of  Alaska...living off the land and going to this small town with an junk yard they are getting things from to help them make thier town...they took an corner telephone boooth to hook up their electricity...oneof the guys made an treehouse next ot their lodge and then inserted an red panel old car dooor with and wind down windoe in red...and built it in. They got chickens and one cow now, making their own butter. Invited old friends an relatives up to their place for Christmas. Each one of the kids will be making their own house/cabin around the Lodge primarily...where they gather together. They put an in ground pantry tostore their food also...made the cow an small barn also.Still having problems with bears in the area also. Moving right along with things though. Nicce to watch them set up things though. Last episode was one of heavy rain...and I think the next one they show is thier snowfall in trh area. Otherwise not to much going on...but I think ther's Superbowl Football coming up here soon also...besides the Inauguration for Donald Trump, who has someone mad at him everyday so far....Kind of like taking over an new business...only this is our country you know. They aren't tellling us if they take something away from us what they intend to replace it with. Hum. He has some bad vibes along with the rest of us Astrology wisethis year...including possible impeachment....so do plenty of others also. With that, I go now and see if I can get comfortable some where in the house. Have an good evening and all. Furnace is on running.. barely lukewarm air. 

Talk to everyone later on.....welcome Chocolate 001 to POE!... Let us get to know you, we could use the company.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:25 on 19th January 2017

Remember I told you that "anonmous" was on my phone line last weekend....well he tweeted Trump todaysaying to expect an bad four years from keeping his past well hidden more or less.....and xfinity Cable company was out front this morning....possibly expecting hackers because of the Presidential Inaguaration coming up and there are no less then 9 protests planned here in POrltand against Trump, first one starts Friday night by the women that are accusing him of discrimination against them. Expect the next couple days to be wild and wooly as they say.

I watched Alaskan Bush people tonight, they made an log splitter our of an small motor cycle...getting ready to set up thier own wind mill electrical power grid, already have an platform bike for an elevator to one of thier tree houses...learn an lot for them. I spent the day using oxiclean on my white shag rug...still drying tonight, but it was getting to  look like an path in my rug. If this doesn't work, will have to buy an new one I guess. 

Made it out to the kid's house, they were right, no snow once you left here at my house...but things did warm up today and front of our street is cleared off now. Not so for the yard, but it's going to be much much warmer tonight...so might be gone by tomarrow. Started book four to finish reading also. I understand that my son was an "lawyer" tonight at the High School for an "mock trial" being held.... Wonder how that went.  SAw sissy's new bed, it's huge...room still an mess though, she must be working more so righ tnow. Well, guess I should head in to bed also, but I think I've go tmy night's and days changed around right now, and I need ti change that ah bit also. Sonce the coldness has left our area I'mlegs quit hurting me, lots of flooding going though also. So..talk to you later on. ..In all the kids lost 6 school days from recent snow and ice storms.  

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 20:05 on 20th January 2017

Well, been watching the 45th President being installed....Donald John Trump. I'm glad  was quick and short in ways...maybe he can cut down some the lengthy protocal in Washington D. C. also. We are suppose to have no less then 9 protests here in Portland, by Sunday...first one was last night...it was an teacher/educators protest against someone appointed in their board of education in Washington, not Trump himself. Not a lot of people involved and disbanded nicely without any rioting.

In lots of pain this morning also...cable company was out yesterday....JohnL was just tellling me how they trianglulate an area..... to do micro-plusing with in it. Which si the cause of my pain.  He says they use cell phone towers and communication wires. We got that in our area. Xfinity was here almost half an day yesterday out in fornt of the cable box across the street, which we are hook into 

Snow is pretty well gone, just an few clumps of it left here and there now. So I can maybe get over to my sister's house and pick up her decorations. I best go for now...get dressed for the day. Lots ot do, so take care....I guessI should be "first" here pretty soon according to Trump, but something makes me think it will never be that way. 

Talk later on.... 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 06:23 on 22nd January 2017

This has been an historic day in the world..one should be remembered as to women's rights. Not to be held like"toys" for men to "play" with in life... on just so many issues. Women don' t like it, they don't want it and they will fight back if necessary..... One million women in America, but all around the world in some cases.They are tired of being abused by others. I think this was the possible thing to the astrology report I gave you months ago, that if Trump did win the election, he might be wishing he didn't...and that time wise would of been in January. Things are still scattered and it's hard to know the truth going on in some cases, but many are claiming that at noon when he was inagurated he vetoed some of our most sacred civil right admendments as well as the agencies that looked over them also.  .I do not know under teh circumstances if he will remain President or not..many are calling him fascist nazi, and the word is "Dump Trump" right now. Here in Portland 10 to 20,000 women participated in teh march...mush of it in the rain today before it got officailly over with. I don' tthink the vie nam war protests covered thisi many people here in the states. It much reminds me when some woman said to Geo. W.  Bush, Jr..that she bet " he'd be glad when he wasn't president any more"... and he sneared back at her...who cares what YOU think. Then hushed it all up when the media got thier attention on them...bu tot was said just the same..."Who cares what YOU have to say.. Anyway as I laid on the sofa watching all this ..this morning...wracked in pain, it's been quite an day.....JohnL explained to me how they create an invisble triangle in an area to work people over with electro-magnectic pulsing...I can see where I have the idea condtions for them to do this to me.  Another woman was found dead (murdered) in the trunk of her car, no reason why on her death.. 

Guys finsihed off chipping the Christmas trees today for the tree recycling. Tomarrow decides who plays in the Super Bowl Feb. 4th. My son is working on another car in preparation for when my oldest grandson gets his driver's liscense also...he took the written part, just has to take the driving part of it and he's got it. I was telling JOhnL how I hear some Christmas music constantly...song "Oh Holy Night"...but particularly the lyric..."fall on your knees" part of it and felt I was being" programed" for having my disability to not walk and keep falling down...but WEight watchers" on an page of" leg workouts" says....A potential beneifit of leg work outs : you may be able to help protect protective congnitive skills like awareness, memory, and reasoning. ..it goes on to say the work out affect the brain to be healthy thinking. Fro some reason I thought of the trouble Ronald Regan was having with alhizmers....and wonder if he could fo been subjected to such also. JOhnlL..and computer operator tells me that "they" were working him over down in California...particualry with not being allowed peaceful sleep patterns when he was working in the computer industry. He says there are some CEO's that literally wan tyour brain in the business to control the world. He says that's why he came up to Oregon and left California....he said it got so bad down there that he was using metal schielding to sleep...and I notice with these "attacks" you are mostly awake all night long. But he feels that women are indeed being attacked up here....he sent me an article about an supposedly mentally induced woman, whose brother had her under his care...and she said something that migth indicate she knows she's being "zappped" also, and was holding her fingers in her ears. By mid-afternoon yesterday of Trump in office everything stopped for me, the leg pains, the constant music also...but it returned late last night.....you can see our conversations in earthboppin.net...ususlly the pesonal or wows boards.He thinks any woman that has been in an supervisory position or had been or is an leader of some kind is right now being "attacked". Comes up missing or simply "dead"....so we think it is someone that hates women in particular. Btu we also think Jennifer Huston that went to the store for asprin fo ran headache, and ends up dead...had the effects of beign brain programmed also. Weare finding ways to combat it now...fight back. It is also an nation wide thing going on. So much for that today.

I started reading my fourth book recently also. WE only have left to go and get my sister's Christmas decorations tomarrow and it's officially put away for this year. I talk to later...but what is going on over here is very  important. Trump tells and "truth" of an kind in ways...but backs it up with outrageous thinking and deeds.  How much clout he has in the " business world" remains to be seen. I certainly hoep we don't have an nazi like crazy man as an problem....we don' t care if we aren't "first" in everything...as long as we see some justice to our lives. Freedom to live them unharassed also...and survivabilty. Talk to you later.... 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 08:57 on 24th January 2017

Good evening.....can't sleep been in pain all day long  for the most part. I tried to lay down and for some reason opened my eyes to see an black panther headed toward me, that got me raising up quite quickly..and it of course disappeared.  So I went to see the symbology of an black panther...it's an spirit guide and quite old an "power"animal..t's an symbol of Astral travel, feminine energy, death and rebirth, reclaiming one' s power. Sometimes it can be an omen of an mentor or teacher coming to help you in life...and has an long explaination on the web as to it's history.  With the Goldbergs loose in the world...it could also be some kind of manipulated projection beamed into my house also....kind of weary about that aspect.. Things have been very chaotic though and still are since the Women's protests around the world. Real bad storms also...my favorite motel over at the coast was hit with 14 foot waves, as 20 people died from tornadoes in the South east of the USA. Obama spent his day changing the world and the country also. I think they said he's about vetoed everything Obama had in the works also. I imagine things will be kind of topse- turvy for some time. Nice day though and one of the first in many weeks time.

WE went yesterday and picked up my sister's Christmas decorations so this last weekend offiically closed Christmas.  Yesterday we go tan elecrtic bill for $678 to pay for lights and Christmas and all the snow storms. It is to me an LOT of money...I'm glad I borrowed some coupel months ago. It of course will have to be paid off also, but it makes paying this bill "do-a-ble as they say.  

In my book I'm all over the globe, right now I'm in England....with Julie and Summer going through research  papers for an history on an ship went down and its commander in 1916. Summer's mother was flown back to the US after her and dirk (hubby) escaped some people that had in an heist of archeolgy reltics were going to take her hostage in Istanbul. He got his wife back from them. They also are going to try to take Turkey over in an coup in the elections also.  Dirk found an ship wreck he's trying to examine....he son is not far away either on another "dig"in Casera sp?)...old time capital city of the Roman era. It appears as some "ring" of people after all of them...looking for an old document callled the "Manfest"...that would change church history in England. So we bounce back an forth from place to place right now. Did a little shopping today also, but very hard with the leg pain...been eating pain tablets all day long and the pain going up my back also. I decided that if this keeps up, I'm putting in an small elevator in my house this summer...walking two flights of stairs and another one outside, though not as many stepsis about to do me in. Would someone like to turn me into the "make an wish" foundation?...I could use the help. I am at the point I am sleeping off and on at all hours of the day and night. Teh Goldbergs can leave my house, I'll send the panther after them to leave me alone...and "Trump" is on his own...make an mistake and he see the country go down more or less to say, and theer's not a lot left of it from years past....not just Obama, but tever since John F. Kennedy was killed. Thye were our last hope of an "camelot" of paradise to most of us...and we had our problems back then also..

What happened to the text...it's very small all of an sudden. I need to go though for now, as I took an some more pain killer and hope to get in an few hours of sleep. I started to do some light excerises to see if they would help me. It is either an muscle or nerve from when I fell down at K-mart acting up. So far though I'm keeping my weight down, but could stand to lose some to see if would help also. So I go for now...I climb back and forth under the electric blanket in my bed also for some relief. Doing anything I can possibly think to do to build my leg muscels back again to normal

So with that...I will check in later on...and wonder where everyone went to also....Have an good evening. 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 11:10 on 27th January 2017
So we are back up and on line again?....I can't sleep tonight...legs in tremedous pain. I guess you know..the President and the one of Mexico are having words. He wasn't an popular President down there any more then Trump is up here
at times. I don' tknow what will happen next, but they are both wrong in some ways. More wrong then right and going to do what they dam well want to want to do, which is why we have an situation going on already...and have had for many years with the illegal immigrants.. 

But that is not helping me to get to sleep tonight either exactly. Been reading my fourht book last coupel of nights, almost done with it and thinking of doing some sewing perhaps there after with Valentine's day coming up..making an
apron for someone maybe. Reember when I told you that I wen tto get my ears cleaned out of wax..and was charged $38 dollars and then the doctor turned around an charged my health insurance company anoher $676....and they suddenly went into "negoiations" on it...and I was told they could not hassel me in any way on this billing, they would take care of it. WEll, today I got an letter from the doctor...he's left the state....and is headed he says to the Yakima Indian Reservation....apparently where he won' t be under state rules and reguations on how he practices his medical field. I know that Obama had passed an law of taking care of people over fraudulant fees and lousy medical service,..... In short I wonder if they pulled his Doctor's Liscense on him. But it is true...the $38 they charged me out of pocket was really to much in ways. I think Health Net might not of went after him had he asked
for another 50 to 100 dollars...but he didn't.... and he used no special equiptment to clean out my ears either that
would of made the procedure expense to do.  I sat in the bank yesterday talking to the lady there and we both agreed that people are really looking for an free an easy ride these days in general. I was asking her to try to set me up with an way to pay the 20 per cent fees that Medicare doens't cover for future days ahead...one just for health costs. I am still thinking of maybe putting an elevator in the end of my house as I can barely maniputlate the stairways with my leg problems. I looked at some chairs on the net yesterday that were around $1 000 dollar range,
Installed on stairs...but we don' t really have that kind of room on our stair way...I think it would be easier to install
an pulley system up the side of the house and build it in with the chair. Any of you know how the big manor houses
that have elevators operate...I don't need one as big as an professional elevator like an building would use that
holds an lot of people. More like an personnel people one. I guess while Im racked wiht pain tonight, I'll go an dhet the frige for some chicken pieces for an snack....see if that will take my minf off things. Dr. W. Topping is this doctor's name if you should ever run into him....you never know, it things don't work out in Yakima, he might move to England next. Good night for now. See what tomarrow brings...it's crazy around the country right now with the
things Trump is doing...I think because we haven' treally had time to discuss it as an nation..it just happens. I
think the Mexican President though is unfair...and I think if any other country had people fleeing to it, for their countrymen to pick up the costs of thier lifestyle...they would understand the wanting to get this under control in
an way that we are not over whelmed with these people. I really don't  think they want to be "Americans" anyway...or they would not work here and send their money down to Mexico....they would be spending it here to help us back in their costs... that we have been giving them for free.  We understand why they were fleeing thier country...as they were killing them to create an small population control.  If you didn' thave money there, they were
resorting to murder thier own people.  Yes, something will not be resolved until that changes and we get some help and they want to be US citizens....and help support us back. I go for now. 
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:12 on 29th January 2017

WEll, Canada stepped up to say they would take some of the immingrants off our shoulders perhaps. That might help, they probably have the territory to do it also. I have not as yet seen an in depth report of how TRump got along with the British Prime Minister. I guess everythng went "OK".I felt when they were talking of making Haiti into an new United Nations location, that with al the earthquake possibilty down there in Hatit that around Quebec, Canada would be an better idea, close enough to New York for an short flight but far enough to be out of harm's way by protestor's also. But that's up to them, most the time politicians don't listen very well to me....even if my ideas might have some merit to them. 

I don't have to many chapters of my book left to read. Should be done in no time. I found another of my books I bought on being "Pain free" naturally...been looking over thier foot/leg section for some exercises and understanding.... Still up most nights and sleeping until noon otherwise...has my day's all off schedule it seems like. .

Next week is my sister's birthday beside the Superbowl Football game. She's coming in an day early to stay over night, then I'm making her an Paleo Japanese dinner...as best I can do, as not sure if I can get all the ingrediants as they want it done....but will try.  Some thing  different from the ususal food fare.

Grandson got his driver's license and his dad got his car fixed also. When he actually has reins on the driving not as yet known to me. I suspect that he'll have to have an summer job for the car insurance though. But at least I know in an emergency they aren't stuck out in the middle of no where without an way into town for rmedical help or whatever they need. So I guess I go for now. Have an good weekend, for you people, it should be about over with now. .According to Pier One Imports Spring this year is going to be birds besides bunnies.Looks like little tiny blue robins perhaps. Reminds me, need to fill up my bird feedrs again, maybe an job fo r tomarrow I can get done.

Talk later on..... 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:36 on 30th January 2017

Good evening...just finshed the book I was reading....in all about 850 pages since January started, so it's time to stop reading an get caught up in other things I guess....at any rate...long day reading so will leave things for  now, they were protesting in Porltland tonight and I expect it will keep up in ways...Trump took an LOT of money away from Portland last week in helping the immigrants. I can't remember if he said 1.4 million or 14 million dollars of Federal funds....I think the latter more like it. Better come up with some jobs for them maybe?  Most "American's" know all about the need for dollar paying jobs daily. So talk later on, I lost as of today 7 pounds thie month on the Paleo Diet and wasn't 100 per cent perfect on it either. No outside medications but my Thyroid Suppliment and Vits and mineralas, and Tumeric....an lot of Tylenol though for muscels pains.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:38 on 31st January 2017

TRump io snow having serious problems...and several lawsuits proposed, and an visit from Obamma, who said he's try to get involved one he left office....and lots an lots of protests over here on about everything he's been doing so far.  Even you guys don't wan thim visiting England I guess and are signing protest for that one. Yep, one chaotic year ahead.

Mixed rain an snow coming after tommarrow, for next two days thereafter...so we aren't out of winter as of yet it seems.  Whcih means there goes my birthday dinner fo rmy sister most likely also. But we can I guess change thatto the weekend. WE have this Chinese resturant in town, build like an pagota building, they just outfitted along the roof with those colored lights that change colors...sure can't miss it now if you tired..smiles* I go for now, short one tonight

I was reading the paper, every article in it was about Trump and his changes and arguments going on..