Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The little thatched church at Little Stretton, Shropshire

Little Stretton

in the county of Shropshire

St, Gregory's Church. Kirknewton, Northumberland.

Kirknewton

in the county of Northumberland

River Stour at Dedham

Flatford

in the county of Suffolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:08 on 20th March 2017

I'm back but not finding any thnig nice to report about tonight...the flooding in Peru...just something unreal, watching an cow trying to save itself...an lady...over in earthboppin.net in video's....at least all the rain in the dessert is sending out an bumpter crop of wild flowers this year. One on the video's they posted about the landslides an flash flooding going on...there's an part of showing what looks like every dog in town one step ahead of the water that comes down the street. Jim Berkland, if he were still alive would of been interested in it...as he fetl animals have an lot to say about where to go for safety and when.

I walked an bit today..down the side of one whole street. Felt it later on also, seem so very weak these days...I guess it's because of the laying to much going on...started taking an nerve tonic the manager at "Natural Grocers" recommended some time back.  Keep that up until I run ou tof it.

Kids got back from thier ATV weekend over at the coast. They have Spring Break in an week and come to find out all of them have jobs and can' t go anywhere then. So I'm taking over my Spring Bulbs I bought last fall and we plant flowers one day. All kind fo pretty ones.

I go for now and rest some...it was an long day again. Took Easter things out to the kid's house today also. Talk later on...nice weather today also. Everyone enjoyed the sunshine.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 02:00 on 21st March 2017

Good evening..stayed up late last night as my spirit guide "jaguar" was wanting me to attend to some spiriual lessons on alchemey...what I  found out is that my " true nature"
contains one-third of the base metals that make Gold....so it was with this understanding, I have to get my Iron/mercury/sulphur/and salt more in ailgnment if I want to be healthier maybe. Since Gold makes the body immortal and free of all disease problems...I have much to gain from this understanding. What I really need maybe and Gold bar made into an loolipop fo rme to lick..laughs* That's go tto be easier then some of the dieting and walking I am doing. I think the nerve medication is helping, but the walking throws me into very tender muscles in my legs. It started raining also, in an south to north jet stream. But I might need the day off tomarrow anyway. So, make this short and go lay down an bit perhaps...talk later on.Dinner tonight was chicken tenderlions with gravy, dab of freshSpring greens with thousand island dressing, sweet potato with sugar free maple syrup, and steamed veggies and an piece of coconut cake with fresh raspberries in an bit of raspberry liquor and stevia sweetner That's what my hubby had, I had couple bits of chicken, steamed veggies and half the size of cake he ate and just finished off with some spicey tea. Now I go for now..have an good day!.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:54 on 22nd March 2017

Good evening everyone......I see on the net the excellant father Prince William is being to his son, by talking to him at his level...something he was told to do also. Yes, i treminds me the Montessori" method that I sent my son for two years...and they had kids at that age tha tcould make thier beds in the morning...of course the bed was on the carpet and the bedding was an comforter...but compared to other kids...these kids did spectacular things at their young age.

Even the public teacher couldn't aprehend them and failed them in many ways in public school. To be an montessori teacher you have to have an public school liscense to teach and then go and take 2 more years of Momtessori teaching besides that. Most the students in their classes have parents that never send them to public schools, they are taught "Privately" and many from all around the earth also. They basicaly self- teach themselves. They chose an task of thier liking and are shown the proper way to do it, and work at it, until they are comforatble they know the task and then move on to something else. The little kids by the time they make it to an montessori class room are often taking their computers apart and putttin gthem back together again. But under kindergarden, they place emphasis in living in an house...and things needed done there correctly, like opening and shutting drawers, carrying water without spilling it, setting the table for lunch, helping with clean up after meals. Picking up clothes on the floor....though I imagine many of these things the Royals have an housekeeper do for them daily. 

When they get older, they learn about the earth with this special map...it has things on it that make it very unusal..rather they say on an map..this is an "lake" it will be in three dimension so they can go to the lake and feel iit's depth and features, note it's coloring, notice how to determine how big it is also....same goes for mountains, hills, vallleys, rivers. volcanoes, and plateau's. Ths is where they will learn to follow water downhill if they should get lost. Mostly though stop and sit down where your at.... to be found by others. Though they are taught for the most part, never leave your parents side. They also will go into climate  and changes also.Seasons of the year...this probably they will be 4 or 5 years old...they are not pushed...as said they self-teach themselves when ready. The teacher is thier "guide" to what they want to learn. The the moon, stars, and animals. At thsi stage they will start introducing mathematics to them also. Meausurements...and they do an lot of cooking in learning it. Just all kinds of things they learn. When I had to send my son to public school, as this is anot in-expensive schooling.....they told me he was two years ahead for his age, and several years ahead on his understanding his world he lives in. But he got an man teacher(Robert)....and he had an problem....this teacher was "traditional"...kids sit there and say nothing until asked, they raise thier hands and do explictly as told. He much disliked my son's getting up to go get his school books as he was taught to do in montessori, and he would interrupt hsi teacher if he had an question...and it go tto where he was repremanded more the taught anything...so we took him out of his class....and that was the start ofhis teachers pegging us and him into an trouble maker....I was so sorry I didn' t leave him in Montssori classes. When he talked out of hand, instead of asking him what he wanted, he got an "pink" slip"...so many pink slips yousit in the principal's office....need I say more.  Three years down the line he was falling behind in school because they would set him out of the classroom for disturbing it. You know, by the time my son was 10 years old, he had travelled the entire United Sates toruing most all it's historical areas an museums...including WAshington D. C. But thsi is an little town that never dreamed past what someone told them to dream. Later on the city would incorporate the Montessori method into all the kindgarten teaching.....but for us.... it was to late. Now you know why some kids make it and others don't ...it's all in what they are allowed to do. Who their mentors are also...and if they really care about them. 

I wrote some about this also with the Native Americans...whom feel so lost trying to learn an education where byall they are told is they are wrong, and must follow "Eurpoeans"...whom these days they hate greatly for it. The newer generation is an bit better these days thanks to computers though. But many of the things they hold dear to their hearts as being special in the tribal ways are discarded by the outside world. It si very hard for them to feel accepted and this dam pipe line they forced them to accept across their reservation...how would you like someone come to your house and say...well, we have to split your house in half because we need big bucks (money) and its the only way we can get it is to deny your your property rights....that's what they did to them recently.  This leaves the kids feeling like their world is what ever any one else wants to destroy...they have no respect and no voicein thier own life....so they have no respect either....and have had one of the highest school drop out rates over the years. Why stay where your not wanted. Yet they have important things to teach us....ever read the book from Austrailia callled "Walkabout" Where this woman joins the aborigines, first thing she must do is give up all her jewerly...but she does go with them, and learns incredible things, like how to set an broken leg with an pouch of women's monthly meneses, that cures it enough in two days the person can walk with only an cane. Where as conventional medicine, it would of taken six weeks to get to that stage. They teacher how to survive with next to nothing as they "walkabout" living off the land. But anyway...two worlds so very different.

I was so very glad though to see Prince William taking an very important aspect to his fathering for his little son...by coming down to his level. His mother would be proud of him for it. Learning the act of being humane to others will help save our world when we need it most...when he is respected, he will show others respect as an leader some day also. Our kids are so precious to us...we need to interact with them more then we do.

I must get going for now...I did some shopping today.... both for groceries and some other things I needed an kind of got behind in ways...and I'm tired now...so talk to you tomarrow. .

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:20 on 23rd March 2017

Hum, just lost my posting...was talking about your terrorist attack today. Proably done by the new technologies they have today to drive people crazy with frequencies. We have been having very bad storms cells going through messing up computers and my I-pad as of last night also. Probably "posessed" by one of these bad frequencies, someone else did an "walk in" on him to commit thsi crime...because  Idon't know of many people that try to repeatedly try to stab themselves like he was doing before shot by the police. It needs stopped.

The other day I was reading some of the "New" history people are re-writing these days.....and it basically has the cililization starting out with only Negroid people, in Babylon and going to Egypt. If that were true we'd still be able to tap into the DNA color code and it's not showing that. Most of the middle eastern people have an Olive toned skin to them...not entirely black like in Ethiopia.  Now maybe you might have an dark with an Asian yellow for the "Olive" tone, but so far coding of these people support only an Muslim influence to them, and Moses second wife was the proto-gender to Mohammedan's legacy as told by the bible. Day before yesterday I read it was in the year 500 plus that he married his wife...to have children of his own. .The Native Americans contend there are four basic colors of people...Black, White, Yellow and Red...good enough for me right now. Other tones came from intermarrying other races.

I guess I go for now, spent today washing my clothes..so dinner was light..chili burgers with salad and some danish rolls and yogurt. Didn' t get my walk in today either, and the guys were over here this morning working on the street again...laying cement pipe. Hope things calm down over there and sorry for those innocent that got caught up in the shooting today..may God rest thier souls...and our sympathy to their loved ones also.. Have an peaceful evening if possible...talk later on. 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 08:19 on 24th March 2017

I guess it's good as any time to come in....massive storm cell going over, ears double ringnig, one with tinnitus, the other the opera type frequency going on..got pain gel patches on my feet and isn't even phasing them, and of course all the electronics are acting up also. Raining outside..not real bad though.. Was showing earlier tonight that much of the rivers over in Eastern Oregon are over their banks as well as the Columbia River here...people can' t walk in the parks these days. Water right up to the pathways for walking on. I was an good girl today and did my daily walking down the street and back. Still ate to much today. It was the danish rolls I bought yesterday...couldn't keep my hands off them even if they weren't very big ones. They went well with coffee as much as with tea also.Now all I want to do is yawn....and yawn some more. It just turned after one am (morning) here, so will probably sleep in tomarrow for the sleep I'm not getting right now. I am glad being retired allows me to this these days.

Trump is rather pouting these days in ways..nothing he says no one wants to do....hum, he said vote on the health care bill or go back to Obamacare and leave it as it was....means he's not adding anything extra good to what already was....which he said wasn't good to begin with. Must be hard to be an politcian some days heh?

Think I'll try going to bed, don't know if I need an sheet of metal over me to keep all the weather modification stuff away from me or not ...and I read all about this college student that did just that, got her dorm room and put steel under her bed, over her bed, and covered it in an steel mesh curtain to keep the frequencies down from cell towers in her area so she could sleep decently...she paid an fortune for the set up, but  it showed them with their meters out there checking out if it was closing down the enviormental garbage coming through her window...it was. I don't know where an person could buy steel mesh draperies in our area. So I go to bed and hope I don't lose my mind before I drop off to sleep. Talk to you later...

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 23:03 on 26th March 2017

Hi, I got my last post wiped out and didn' t make it back....couple of days of pure hell around here that cultimatedwiith an tornado going across the Columbia River and tearin gup some yards over in Vancouver, Washington, but no injuries. Mostly all weather related...we seem to be ping bonging back and for between winter and Spring is what is causing most of this. School break started, most the grandmothers have the little kids this week while their parents work. Thank God for the grandmothers!

I went back an picked up some more of my nerve tonic for my feet....it seems to be working...about down to half the pain I was in, so not laying in bed all day long...wasting the day..blah!  Neighbor's in the rental house moving. Said they bought them an house couple of streets over. Letting my last Holiday Turkey unthaw for dinner this week to take out to the kid's house...or at least half of it.. I was rather hoping to get it out of the freezer, so it can be replaced.,,,,then I'm kind of so-so in getting the mahjor applicances replaced should he retire....last thing I need to do is replace my car. 

So, rainy day and not much going on right now.  Guess I'll go for now...I think Trump and associates made an good decision in not pulling the Obama health care bill without something better presented. Anyone want to come over here an explain national health insurance to them?...how it works. Talk to you later on.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:01 on 28th March 2017

Good evening everyone.....better weather today...but was up all night so din't sleep much.....theres'a U-tube video out you need to see callled "Kristie Wolf builds underground home and sets rurl wa. hamlet" ....I adore it, I think we all ought ot have such an neat "get away" to go to...completely off the grid...with an huge round Hobbit door also. Open teh door and you look like the view is another world these days.The home is small, like an half bowl shape kind of,on each end hidden into the otuside decor are two little storage rooms, one side tools and claning, the other side propane, of which she has her fireplace hooked up to besides burning wood.  Res is the house....you walk into an bedroom, with ligths above it look like big candles...one one end an aple sized bathroom, and on the end of her bed you see into an nother little domed doorway into her fireplace....on one side of the room is an table with her tea/choclate and hot coffee...on the other side two chairs and an chess set. Above the chess set is anohter smaller round window for light....she has her own small water tank in the hillside that drain sdown an small ravine if it gets to filled...she has an small solar panel for her electricity out front below her level patio entryway.  The rest is wood and propane. She sits on the side of an hill with an panromaci view. Her roof is grass. Her firepalce and chimeny are river rock...her flooring is rounds of wood cut and set down into cement, with room sized carpet. So simple it's delighfrul but she really caught the essence of Hobbit in everything. It's an U-tube video, so should be easy to find.

So, just talked to my sister who said her toe nail fell off....she has an week of doctor appoints also. I said, how long will this take to heal...she said probably till summer. Just get so tired of the constant medical problems. They seem to be plaguing everyone these days in some way making life misterable.  

So, have my turkey just about unthawed, have some shopping to do and told my son I'd be over with turkey breast and stuff to make sub-sandwhiches with, an kettle of mashed potatoes, and some gravy. He's not got his wife with him this week...she's at an training class...so the rest of the family is kind doing it on ther own or with each other until this Friday, but hope this works out better for her job wise. So guess I got for now and talk to everyone later on.  

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:09 on 28th March 2017
Sorry for the mispells...they weren' there until I posted...hacker must be out tonight...... 6.1 quake off the last small island in the Alaskan chain, no damages...was in water 10 km. deep....significant in size though.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:31 on 28th March 2017

Hi Shirley and wow, you sure are the queen of POE posts,but I love it and have enjoyed cathing up with your troubles.

I've been particularly busy trying to get the garden into shape, but the dercums disease and osteoarthritis that I suffer doesn't help. In fact I have to get geared up for it nowadays, I have to take morphine and other pain killers before I get started (on top of the regular meds) and the number of 'sit downs' between jobs is ever increasing. lol

Got the greenhouse or summerhouse as you might call it fully glazed after the winds and hoping to get tomatoes going soon. Cucumbers and peppers, lettuce, strawberries and anything else that 'might' grow, we shall see.

So what's going on with you POEsters out there, how come you don't chat a bit more with Shirley who puts in so much time? Thanks again Shirley and looking forward to the next post.

Hi to all POEsters wherever you are.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 21:26 on 29th March 2017

I got my post wiped out..so here it goes again....Ron good to hear from you...I get lonely here all by myself....that is true. Nice to hear your gettin your yard work done, not this year for me, lettin gmy neighbor do it this year...see what she does so I can try to complement it all.  Ron have you ever tried MSM sulfur Crystrals...look them up and read about them, thy claim an cancer helper also. That's where I left off with JohnL...besides the elevator thingy this summer to my house. I knew nothing about pulley systems until he can along to explain them to me.  In the ancient texts Ron....I am one third "ecessence" of the base formula for making Gold in alchemy. You need three things...Mercury (my birth sign), Sulphur , and Salts.  I don' treally want to turn into an bar of Gold, though there's more ot it then just that...but any of these elements out of balance may be some of my health problems, becausewhen the forumula makes "gold" it anti-ages an person and illnesses are out the door....that is not me at the moment. One reason it was so highly prized by an ancients.  I found an sacred text that explains all about this.  SEnt it to JOhnL to read and see if he understands why I think this weather modification is so badly working me over. Last week I was sleeping downstairs and considering an bomb center to get away from the electical static flying around here, and an  small tornado skipped over the Columbia River and into some back yards tearing up fences, taking out an really huge tree, but no injuries nor house damage....though I see today 3 storm chasers in Texas lost thier lives in an really huge tornado tunnel on the ground...you know it had to be bad cause they do thier work in these conditions all the time.  The weird weather is what sends me for an loop trying to deal with it.

I saw an documentary by National Geographic on TV yesterday on Queen Elizabeth II....usualy I see some about her but never enough to really get to much of an "psychic" impression of her...I find her totally delightful.  She has an very close an quiet kind of bonding with nature...and animals...which I think helps her in her work with people. She knows the rules and would never step out of bounds...but I see an very family orientated and gentle person in her. Was able to see Prince Harry talking about her, and his cousins and Prince William in an deep Blue suit that is one of my favorite colors....and her history in general. Yes, she was "made" to be Queen I think by God in ways.Prince Willam and her bond in the knowing they carry on to keep the Royals going onward into tthe future and with grace and intelligience in representing Britain. So yes, God save the Queen as they say...I enjoyed this entire documentary. They are explimentary humanitarian people.

I am baking an Turkey right now and have mashed potatoes to make and will take out some of the turkey and mashed potatoes for Turkey Sub-sandwhiches to my son an family while his wife is gone on an training seminar for her work. I gave them fresh oranges and banannas and the sandwhich fixings last night to make thier sandwhiches with....chocolate chunk cookies and oatmeal and raisin and hope they are enjoying them. I will most likely try to tuck in an stawberry cheese cake, one of my grand-daughers delights over the years....and so goes for "Spring Break" this year with some tulip bulbs to plant. My son seems so "flustered" not having his wife around...she can be an gentle spirit to him also. But her in an bad mood, gets them all in an bad mood also.So I best get back to my work and go get the potatoes I bought yesterday and get busy...have an good day everyone.