Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Ravenglass sunset

Ravenglass

a Seaside Town in the county of Cumbria

Harden Waterfall, Harden, West Yorkshire

Harden

in the county of West Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:46 on 4th May 2016

As ever thanks for your thoughts and posts Shirley, always entertaining and definitely thought provoking.

And yes, please do let C&S know if you manage to get Mr Trump to spend some of his money on POE.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 04:06 on 5th May 2016

Another suggestion Ron, make sure donations are "tax free" to people that donate money....most of our stuff is tax free  over here exempt causes...at least the ones that gets the most help. 

My "ex" sister in law callled tonight...she said she went into the hospital last Friday night...they were thinking she might of had an mild stroke...so she's been under testing and goes back this Friday afternoon, but in the meantime has to go help her sister babysit her hubby with dementia....and I already know she dislikes the job...and she does it for free,as her sister can't afford to pay someone else to do it. But she is locked in with this guy....and she has told me before that there's been times he associates her ...as her sister...and she's has to tell him not to touch her. He also stays up most all night long...and she has an time trying to deal with that issue also....last time she had him locked in and was in the recliner chair watching him most the entire night. She sounded realy spent tonight for some reason, I told her like we told Terra....and what every good "nurse" knows....there's times you have to MAKE yourself come first in some situations...her sister should always have an back up care center of some kind to help in situations like this. That does not mean you don't care....but if she's been in an out the hospital since last Friday....she could maybe need some help herself.  Its an 2 hour drive to get to her sister's house and an 2 hour drive for me to get to her sister's house also.  Once again she asked how my brother was doing...I imagine that she must of even at his worse.... had an better life with him, then she's had to date. So do me an favor and remember her in your prayers tonight that he doesn' t give her an bad time tomarrow.... and her tests come out well.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:39 on 5th May 2016

Any kind of donation to www.PicturesOfEngland.com (POE) big or small would be gratefully received Shirley but unfortunately they are few and far between and in the meantime the costs continue to rise.

I guess it's a sign of the times yet we often hear of an animal sanctuary, or some way out organization benefitting from a recluse who probably has no other idea about how to help the best Englkand website on the net bar none!

One can hop I suppose.

Hi to all POEsters and anybody with a pile of money who would like to help out... 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 21:35 on 6th May 2016

Well, Ron, I suppose you could ask people to giv eup there huge motorhomes to donate you some money maybe.I've never owned one bu tI understand mosto fthem are getting in the high bucks to buy these days...includes 5th wheeler also. In th emeantime one of our girls onmy other web site knows that both Clinton and Trump are in town today and she's asking us for "prayers" that they don't get the citizens rioting from what they say. 

I'm out working in my yard today...and was yesterday...and it's about all I can do to make it out there in the mornings. I just came in for an sandwhich and some chocolate cheese cake bites for lunch....and to rest an bit. Suppse to be in the 80's today outside but it's over cast.  They took to flying the people out of the fire up in Canada...and Sue H. in another web site says they heavily chemtrailed Cornwall UK yesterday...she says she's never seen it so bad...wonders what brought that on...Mt. St. helens has been having small swarms...a lot of them...about 140 in the past couple of weeks. Most likely snow melts going down into the crater this time of the year...but still an lot of them. But Nibiru is back in the news again and people worried about it's appearane making the earth "wobble" one of these days here soon.

I ran out of money myself...so went to the Goodwill looking for articial flowers. For $4.99 I bought  me an bush sized bunch of yellow trumpet flowers and I'm gonna plant them in an container...and sit them amoung the live plants. But for right now gotta rest an bit. I'm feeling pretty achey...everywhere!  I coukd use an nice message from someone with skilled hands I think. Let's see...my kitty cats are outside also...so best go get them inside before Ido the resting bit around here. Looking much better outside but far from done as yet....Have an good day everyone!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:11 on 7th May 2016
Hi to all POEsters, hope your day is going well?
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 03:37 on 8th May 2016

Just getting back from the beach...high tide with an bank o f clouds when we arrived but lessen to an all blue sky..windy though...my hubby has made me stay on my diet all day....but I don' tknow...I just finished off  the Carmel Corn..but he only bought the small box. So...I bought an book on Gem and fossil hunting in Oregon...go with my natural Hot Springs book of the Pacific Northwest. Someday I hope toget to some of these places. But today we checked out an RV resort along the Silez River at the coast...for an resort it had little to offer. Bu tit has an boat ramp...and you can catch an number of fish, crabs, Salmon in the river. It has an few cabins raised up high also to rent. Cable TV and wi-fi. picnic tables and fire rings also...but that's about it...no indoor swimming poll year around/or hot tub...no playground..I think it was geared for the adults more so. we snooped out all the gift shops in Depoe Bay also. I thought about stayin gover night but he was acusing me of spending all his money by the time he bought me some strawberry shortcake...so we headed home instead. Looks like an quite evening except fo rthe 3 car accident getting to our house a couple miles down the road. I'm not really sure I'd have teh strength to land an 47 pound fish, but I'm willing to try. They are out doing an lot or rad widening again this year...traffic bumper to bumper fo rmile son end getting back to Portland. Nice five hour get away today though...tomarrow resumes the planting and of course MOther's Day...Happy Mother's Day ladies..and some guys also. I got my lawn swing for off my bedroom balcony, but we have to put it together tomarrow...so will working on that one also.Talk to you all later on....would James like some wind?...just half of it would be nice. Maybe Ron, you and James could share it? Have an good weekend. OH.. I read an joke, an baby camel is talking to it's mother...and it's asking why do camels have thee toes...and mama says so they can walk in the soft sand of the desert...so he asks her...Why do camels have long eyeleashes mama...she says, so they can keep the sand out of their eyes when traveling in the desert...and finally he asks...then why do they have big humps on thier backs, and she quietly says to him...so they can store water for traveling through the desert days at a time....so he thinks it all over and he says...but mom...we live in the San Deigo zoo !...... With that I go for the evening...have an good one.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:19 on 8th May 2016

Shirley, our James is full of wind anyway so no need to wonder! lol

Happy Mothers Day to all you American Mums and hello to all POEsters...

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 03:15 on 10th May 2016

James...your looking different in the last two postings.

WEll, I went out to do some more lawn work.....mainly worked on the kiddies sand box today...and edged some more on the flower beds before my leg started acting up on me, so went and visited the minister's wife...they use to be our neighbors....and then went good will shopping for outside pillows for our lawn swing...and bought an few other things.

Came home and been looking at the cookbooks I picked up...one says it was written by the "Tate" family on Pioneer recipes and they are buried in hubby's ancestoral plot out in the rural area of Missouri...they had both an farm and an city house at one time. It had receipes for like ramps, and poke salat, and vinegar pie. Canning and preserving reciepes also. Was copy righted in 1968. Minister's wife was tellling me that since he was shown on TV...for his food pantry that several other sources of free food donations have com in from Portland, but it's now taking him more time to daily pick this stuff up from further miles away also. She was showing me thier young ladies group they have started for sewing and crafts....and how they take pillow cases...open them up on the bottom and put in elestic around the waist an make them into skirts...they are sending those over ot Africa. One I saw had blue gaham borders and sewed with an strip extra of sunflowers along the bottom. Rest of it was in yellow to match the sunflowers. She said they often used differnt tops so they didn't worry about those so much. Easly cleaned at the local watering hole for the women/children also...and of course perma-press material that doesn' t need ironing. She said they were going on an all ladies "beach trip" here soon...rented an cottage for the girls and thier mothers. So there went my day...and" Dancing with the stars" comes on tonight...so had best get going for now.

Have an good evening....you to James...or is that really you? 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:25 on 10th May 2016

If James put his real photograph up as an avatar Shirley we may have to issue a Government Health Warning. lol

Actually, that said and joking apart James and I look very similar. We contact each other from time to time, but my initial response after seeing him for the first time was one of shock as he we look so alike. Amazing really, two very good looking blokes on POE.

Hi to all POEsters...

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:23 on 11th May 2016

It was really slow going today, but I walked an half mile twice today,,,,and the rest of my time went to trying to get bargains in waterproofing the outdoor furniture....namely one canopy...two umberellas.....Let'see, I saved, $30 on one, about 25 on another and $22 on another one...my credit card thanks me though...and other then that I planted the flowers around the fountain out back also....wanted to do this today because hubby's gone this week in Scouts...I think...they say it's suppose to be rain showers....and I wanted it all waterproofed...before he leaves.  I'm in an mood to want to sit for an while...all this running around gets to me by the end of the day. But the area around the fire pit outside is waterproofed, the table and BBQ out back the same, the lawn swing I put out on our front porch, its' done, and my back bedroom balcony is coming up next...I have the stuff just got to get it put out and in place...it's water proofed also....just step out the door and sit at an table or in an lswn swing/chair of your choice. You know my hubby allows no one smoking in our house, no indoor BBQ either...so we have to have some place for the smokers, those liking hot dogs an dicey cold beer to go.... and everyone get along. Kids congregate with their tablets to talk to friends and play games need an dry place also. Mothers with small kids like to lay them beside them and sit in an lawn swing and rck them to sleep as we visit. Nothing like an hot summer night and the stars are out and going out to sit by the fire pit and lawn swing gently also...as the day cools down. Listen to your I-pod or some music. Read an good book. I guess I better get going for now...it's been an long day fo me..last night I had bad thoughts going on in my head and wonder what source was inplanting the thoughts. I guess what I really should of said maybe was I was thinking and watching how people were connected to what they were doing and they were producing bad vibes for the most part....mostly for others, but things were just bouncing around in nasty ways. Teh ants returned agine recently on my kitchen counter...really helps me stay on my diet...I come in an wipe them off with an papaer towel and toss them in the trash can and out the door they go to food particle paradise I guess.  Well have an good evening where ever your  at and whatever your doing. I think summer is here..at least this week. Talk to everyone later on.