Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St Andrews Church

Slaidburn

in the county of Lancashire

Poole Harbour

Sandbanks

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:44 on 11th May 2016
Morning/afternoon to all POEsters, hope your day is a good one.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 23:09 on 11th May 2016

Well, he did it...my doctor is no longer in business as of July 1, 2016...so I have to find an different doctor by then also. He sent out an nice long list of them though. Hot outside today...so I'm inside...but made an 1/2 mile walk this morning. Air conditioning/humidifier on also. Birthday doings tonight also for the youngest grandson. So I go an leave you an short post for today...still have plenty of flowers to plant...yardwork to do. Talk to you later...have an godd day everyone! 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:24 on 12th May 2016
Planting in the heat, yardword, the weight will drop off Shirley! lol Take care dear friend and hello to all POEsters wherever you are today.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:37 on 13th May 2016

I went over to see my neighbor...whom I haven't seen to much here lately...to find out while I've been dealing with strained leg muscle...she broke her foot...2 more weeks for her....I said, you know, I really don't rember what brought this on...and she said...that's how I feel...I was simply running an bit one morning...like I ususally do. She's ran an lot of various runs for Providence Hospital when she was working there.

I planted my raised triangle flower bed today...three large red and whote edged dahliais...and the entire front to fthem covered with flower seed that's native to the Pacific North west...and did two more flower beds with more of the and have another one to do tomarrow.  then everyone is coming and going the rest of the day. Sister comes over so we can go out to dinner and then she'll stay overnight and leave the nexr day..in order of her to give herself her insulin shot on time. If the rain holds off an bit...I think I can wrapbu tthe yardin one more day.

Just got back from my grandson's concert...he did an really good job on his trumpet. Someone said he was thinking about switching to something else to play though. So I just had an snack and am thinking about taking my pain pills for tonight and head into bed......talk to you all tomarrow!... Tired tonight. I just got an call from someone in Canada says they are showing difficulty in my computer reception rirght now...I asked her to call back tomarrow if it hasn't went away....and yesterday...the clock in my car stopped running for several hours and thenstarted itself back up again like normal....so I guess someone is playing around out there somewhere on the air waves..probably shouldn' t be. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:21 on 13th May 2016

Did other clocks in the area stop working as well Shirley or was it just yours?

Hi to all POEsters...

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 17:57 on 13th May 2016

I don' t know Ron, I'll have to check it out the next time. But I do know that JohnL thinks some of the deaths of the women around the country side is implanted "Pain" harassment by someone...he thinks this is the case with Jennifer Huston supposeded killing herself...she left her house to go to an pharmacy for pain pills for her extreme headache.....and he is suspicious at t possibly "Prince" being harrassed likewise...but besides my leg muscle strain my neighbor has an broken foot...we live across the street form each other. Usually I know there something up if the Enviormental Protection Agency is here in the neighborhood...tracking signals they are picking up by way of Cable TV....from outside Satelitte reception.

They are chemtrailing today here and expecting 91 degree temperatures with thunderstorms tonight. So I decided to come in today instead. Decided I wouldn't work in the yard today either. Got my air conditioer/humidifier working also. Resting an bit.. Playing games on my tablet. Still windy out there today. News just said that the FBI is confronting Donald Trumps "butler" for harassing President Obama. He seems to always have the need for some kind of news like this..when he was here in Oregon...he'd passed out buttons to wear for Hillary Clinton that said..".Hillary for Prison...2016"....followed by his protesters holding up signs said "War-monger"..."hate advocate".signs. Here awhile back he claimed he was good friends with Hillary from way back when. He sure in the heck headed for Eugene.... where Sarah Palin goes to fund her political aspirations. Gossip flys fast and furious these days in this politcal game going on. Talk to you all later on. Have an good day!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:38 on 13th May 2016
So do you rate Trump Shirley and would he make a good US President in your opinion? I happen to think he would do okay, but then I don't live there.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:35 on 14th May 2016

No comment from Shirley...hope that doesn't mean she's been trumped for her opinion? lol

I guess it's the weather that's stopping you from posting Shirley, not good to be on the PC with storms about eh, or maybe you are suffering a power cut?

Hi to all POEsters wherever you may be.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 13:22 on 14th May 2016
Good Morning to all---hada nice break -weather not too good but it didnt bother us as we still got around--now back to normal chores --talk laterSmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 02:57 on 15th May 2016

That's an hard question to answer Ron...I think he'd make an better advisory ot the truth then what we got at times going on over here...and the populatrity of his campagin right now. But his butality here lately in telling the truth is starting to wane down.  for an long time we have not been able to express how we feel little less do anything about it, he has the money and back up do do something about what bothers us ordinary citizens. I feel Hillary should be recongized for her job senority in politcs also.I think her arena knows the people to get us down the path much smoother then does Trump. Political lies started during the Bush reign and they are hard to break. Just take anlook at what we get to see on TV to know there's an gang of sicko's out in the world...the shows are mostly about police actions/drugs/disaster/'survivability without clothes on ...using the most prestigeous channels we have on the air....Oh yes, Nazi this and Nazi that also...other wise just meanless information no one realy has anything to get out of it to enhace thier lives in better ways.. I call all this the "dumbing down of America" myself. It comes with heavy authorityto do as your told, not what is correct in livabilty. I think Obama made an recent mistake...in signing an bill to allow school bathrooms to be used by the gender you feel most compaitble with.  As one guy said, since when should and grade school child be made to decided if it wants to be an differnt sex at such an early age. If they want to go this route so the gays won' tfeel intimidated....they should change their bathrooms in more like an line of porta potties in an stright line where any of them can be walked  stright into an dlocked reguardless of sex or gender....and not alllow th eopposite sex in group bathrooms that were made for one sex of the other and have them breached. They call these bathrooms "Unisex" for an reason...not gender designated bathrooms.

Ok...I wasn' tin here for an reason....the severe thunderstorms last night....boiled an brewed off the coast and came in mid coast/Newport...where they formed huge red cell storms....they crossed the coastal mountans and did an complete turn by 180 degrees...and went up the Willamette Valley, northward on the western side of  Salem. My Scouts were 9 miles to the north east of Salem. I stayed up all night long watching them. They must of had an front row seat to the ligthening going on..about 15 miles to the west of them though....they only had one small direct cell over them at around 4 am this morning.   went ot bed about 5:57 am. Hubby never callled and the one cell that passed over them they were probably all asleep. I'll find out when they get back if they had some kind of warehouse for shelter or not. I fell asleep at go tup about (:30 and we went out to breakfast abou t10 am...went ot an thrift store..."looking"....and I gave my sister all the individual dinners along the side of the freezer door and she headed for her aptartment. WE were both restless last night with the storming going though, my leg was painfulland I was eating Ibprophen to try to knock it out. After she left, I went back to bed and just got  up around 5 pm. it is an fine mist here right now and very overcast, but no thunderstorms going on. My patio furniture canopies seems to be working by keeping the water off and out of the lawn swings. My porch is dry also.

Remember the gal that lost her house last year I was help-ng, she sent me an letter yesterday, she's all moved in  her new house and she sent me the brochure on thier new house and new telephone numbers also...I hope to go see her later this summer. She has been an "miracale worke"r...she's starting out life now in what seems in every angle having the old ways die out now...and she been trhough quite an struggle...but their persisitence has paid off. The house isn't as big as before, but it's ever bit as nice and she's just bubbly happy in her letter. I hope Canada can recover from their fire as well. 

I was able to tak emy sister up to the new cafe at the Mt. Hood Resort...we had an appitzer pulled Pork BBq sandwhich....and beverages....and came back and I introduced her to Paleo Veggtable Spaghetti and WEight Watchers Chocolate RAspberry bars. Took her down to Troudale and showed her where the Japaneese bought the ground behind the Outlet Mall to build an motel there by 2017 along the Sandy River. Looked at the crowdson the river bank on an hot day...where they had all flocked for dinner.  Watched TV, I did an half mile walk, and fo rthe most part she went to bed early...she ususally does. Then we go tup this morning...and did breakfast...and thrift shop. I've been pleasanlty busy....and sleeping like all get out myself most the day also. As I said the rain is fine mist leaving us with everything dripping wet. Think I'll go back and lay down some more. Miss kitty missed my hubby last night...she went down to his bed and pulled his blanket around her, so I finished it off and turned on his tv and went back in the middle of the night and shut if off...like he would normally do....so she felt like he was maybe here. In the meantime my kitty was sleeping on top of the sofa over my head most the night when I was out on the sofa...I'm thanking my stars thee severe weather didn't go ovr us last night...I don' tknow if I could of healthwise... taken it.  So I go for now and see what I can get into..like folding up the clothes I'd dried last night. ..talk to you all later on. Have an good evening.