Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St Osyth in the snow

St Osyth

in the county of Essex

Jury's Gap - Camber

Camber

a Seaside Town in the county of East Sussex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

RAW

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

lurkalot
lurkalot
quotePosted at 12:33 on 22nd April 2012

I also agree.  I would usually if just taking general pics while out and about shoot jpg, but if it's a one off shoot, and of any importance you'd probably find me shooting  RAW, or RAW+JPG.

That way if you mess up, you can recover more detail etc from the RAW file. ;)

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 14:57 on 22nd April 2012

Thank you Edward, Lurkalot and Dave. I will indeed go back and review this whole thread as I know it will give me great advice and help.

I just starting into bird photography (see my web site www.trubrit.net).

I am hoping that our local college has a class on photography that I can take in the autumn.

I will definitely go back to JPG for my trip, and just play with RAW now and again until I have a better undrestanding.

Thanks again! You guys are great! 

lurkalot
lurkalot
quotePosted at 18:53 on 24th April 2012
On 22nd April 2012 14:57, Sue . wrote:

I just starting into bird photography (see my web site www.trubrit.net).

WOW, great bird pics you have on your site.  All I can say is, if you're just starting into bird photography, then I'm a worried man.  ;)
Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 08:49 on 25th April 2012
Just read all the posts about RAW and most entertaining it is too. As I've already stated in earlier posts, I always shoot in RAW and edit with CS3. Over the last year I've also saved some as DNGs. Anyone else out there using DNGs?
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 09:49 on 25th April 2012

I am still learning to use Canon RAW, and havent really looked at DNG yet.  I guess the main advantage of DNG is that it is a more general archive format, not tied to a specific camera manufacturer's version of RAW. Archiving of data is a knotty problem, and DNG seems a good idea. Of course, there is still the question of the data storage medium itself - maybe it will be optical (physical film negatives ? Laughing )   I have film negatives and transparencies from 45 years ago which I can scan anytime I like. 

Please login to post to this thread...
< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8