Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Mildenhall, Suffolk

Mildenhall

in the county of Suffolk

Photograph of Blyth Harbour, Northumberland

Blyth

in the county of Northumberland

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER - AUGUST 2010

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next >

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 07:45 on 7th August 2010

Wasn't sure if it should be Pheatured Photographer or Featured Fotographer (lol) English is such a strange language!!

I thought it would be a great idea to show our photographers how much they and their photographs are appreciated by us.  So I came up with the idea of featuring one photographer a month, as a way of highlighting their work and thanking them.

I looked back at the earliest photographers on POE and found JASON T joined POE in April 2004 and is still consistently submitting photographs of the highest quality.  So in order to show that their efforts are not in vain I would like you to join me in adding a favourite photograph of Jason's to this thread.  PLEASE make sure that you have added a comment on any photograph you choose to add to this thread, Jason will then know how much we like his pics.

His very first photographs were submitted on 14 April 2004 of Warwickshire - maybe someone could tell us exactly where in Warwickshire they were taken!!  The ID's are 1011625/26/27/28/29/30

Here is the first one

the old school house
Picture by Jason T

His latest pics were of Baddesley Clinton submitted on 23 July 2010 ID1120806/7/8/10/11 and here is the last one
Summer courtyard
Picture by Jason T

Edited by: cathyml at:7th August 2010 07:47
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 07:56 on 7th August 2010

Jason's photographs are of a very high quality and "star" rating.  Here are 5 of  his pics that the members of POE have rated highly.  Jason has submitted 586 photos to the POE Site, so no one will have any difficulty finding some to add here.

JASON WE SALUTE YOU AND THANK YOU, YOU ARE MUCH APPRECIATED

Chick, Ely, Cambridgeshire
Picture by Jason T

Ducks in the mist
Picture by Jason T

Autumn path
Picture by Jason T

Shoal hill, Cannock Chase Country Park, Staffordshire
Picture by Jason T

Red sunset
Picture by Jason T

Swan
Picture by Jason T

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 08:41 on 7th August 2010

Whoops Sorry!  Can't count.  That was six, lol.

Here is a link to Jason T's photographs

http://www.picturesofengland.com/user/camperman/pictures

Edited by: cathyml at:7th August 2010 08:57
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:49 on 7th August 2010
Another great idea for a thread CathyML (which could easily run for a very long time) and such a deserved member you chose to start the ball rolling for us. Well done!
Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 14:06 on 7th August 2010

Thanks Cathy!!  I'm glad you like my photographs. I enjoy taking them!Smile

A lot of my Warwickshire photos are taken in Kingsbury water park,not a swimming pool complex with water slides!! but a disused gravel quarry, turned into an area of lakes and footpaths, they also have some water sports on the lakes, jet skiing, sailing and every now and then F1 power boats and hydroplanes, which are pretty cool to watch! Its a nice place to go walk the dog, and usually very peaceful.

I live extremely close to the water park, so get plenty of chances to visit and walk the dog, and take photos. The first photo was taken at the bottom of the steps that lead up to Kingsbury village, the church looks out over the water park

Baddesley Clinton was my last submission .....thats a fantastic building, about 20 min drive from me, It has a moat, and dates from 13th Century, with a lot of the house dating from 15th Century. Its well worth a visit if your in the area!!

Right well just thought i'd let you know where the photos were taken, and thanks again!!Laughing

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 14:14 on 7th August 2010

Thanks for the info, Jason.  That's a lovely and historical area you live in.  I think Cathy made a brilliant choice for our first featured photographer.

Here's one of my favorites:

In the shadows
Picture by Jason T

You have a great eye for unusual composition.

Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 14:20 on 7th August 2010
Cathy...excellent idea!!!!
In the shadows
Picture by Jason T

This is one of my favs....out of sooooo many of his!!

I salute you too Jason!! lol!!! No....really...I do...Laughing

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 14:24 on 7th August 2010

Hi Krissy - Great to see you!  Great minds, eh?

Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 14:26 on 7th August 2010

Snap you two!!! 

It is quite historical Ruth, there's a big manor house next to the church, they are restoring it at the moment!  well, converting it into apartments actually ...English heritage are overseeing the work, but i can't help feeling sad that it'll have some of its heart torn out, would have been nice for them to restore it partially (make safe) then open it to the public, as it dates from 15th Century i think, with the wall around it dating from 13th Century!

And just down the road is Kingsbury mill, where, they say, Lady Godiva used to collect her flour from!!   i never peeped honest!WinkLaughing

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 14:29 on 7th August 2010
Cheeky!
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next >