Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Melford Hall

Long Melford

in the county of Suffolk

Clock on Margate Seafront

Margate

a Seaside Town in the county of Kent

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Unauthorised Use of Photographs

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 20:28 on 17th May 2012

I agree Edward & Rod, all my images are low-res as they upload so much quicker.

Rod I expect you have been offered a fee or credit my responsible people, I have been finding my photos on peoples blogs, which get copied onto other blogs and so on and so forth.

The original usually links back to me but then you loose track of where they have gone.

I really don't mind that so much - but I do object to them being used by a commercial concern to advertise their wares!!

It looks as though once you have put them on the internet they really become public property Frown 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:26 on 17th May 2012
Some sites have a facility built in whereby the 'right click' context menu does not allow saving the image. I have mentioned this to Chris and Sarah but of course it is down to their priorities and programming time. This however is only a deterrent because it is easily got round by making a screen dump and transferring to whatever image software you use. This practise does however produce images of even lower resolution, but as you say Cathy once on the net they are pretty much public property
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 22:41 on 17th May 2012
I agree with Dave that blocking the saving via the 'right-click' context menu might help, but a determined poacher can easily circumvent this by accessing the file directly from the browser's internet cache Frown
 Please login to post to this thread...