Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Warton Rectory, Lancashire

Warton

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Wrong exposure

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 11:18 on 2nd June 2023
For some reason, my name did not appear on the previous post. I must be the invisible man !
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 13:49 on 2nd June 2023

Edward, 

The truth is that now some smart 'phpnes are capable of taking fine images. I still maintain that people should check their own work and ask themselves, "will others enjoy this picture". POE is not a place for only high end work, but there should be some limits of acceptance by the photographer. 

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 15:03 on 2nd June 2023

Rod, It is an inescapable fact that people's awareness of quality is very subjective. This applies to everything artistic, not just photography. 

As for pictures taken on smart phones, they are fine for social purposes but the images often show compression artefacts. Personally, I prefer to use a DSLR and shoot in RAW for maximum quality, but the convenience of a smart phone cannot be denied. 

Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 20:33 on 2nd June 2023
I agree to a degree.  I subscribe to a magazine devoted to B&W photography and they have an article each months devoted to images capture by moblile phones, and the results are impressive. 

As for me I enjoy us8ng my DSLRs and also my Mirrorless Fujifilm camara. 

Once again the end result is the acid test.

Maybe a new thread on this might be interesting. 
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 00:13 on 22nd July 2023

I agree with you Rod that the end result is the acid test of the merits or otherwise of the image. I have recently posted a few images taken with an i-phone because my mobility has been affected by health issues and I have been less likely to be using a DSLR.

However, I endeavour to apply the same standards of quality and composition to all my output, so within reason, it does not matter which camera is used.

Please login to post to this thread...