Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Halifax Town Hall from Princess St, designed by Sir Charles Barry in 1859

Halifax

in the county of West Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Custom Picture Tours

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
Posted at 14:40 on 23rd April 2010
Thanks Cathyml, as you kept mentioning the pink houses in my pictures it gave me an idea for a tour, but as yet I cannot find many in other parts of the country
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 14:52 on 23rd April 2010
Your tour is going to be great, love the 4 horseshoes thatching.  I'll keep an eye open for you!  You have taken lots of pictures yourself with pink cottages, so I expect you will have a BIG tour for us to look at, lol
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
Posted at 15:44 on 23rd April 2010
Thanks Cathyml, but I do not think you will find any, I have been through 100 pages of thumbnails of buildings and structures and only found one, all the rest are mine, there are quite a few pinky/bronze but I was looking for the real 'pink' I guess they are mostly in this area that is why they are painted 'Suffolk Pink' oh well I will have to scout around locally.Phew.
cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 19:28 on 23rd April 2010
Peggy I am sure that I saw pink coloured houses in the Cornwell/Devon area where the houses seem to be painted all colours.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 04:32 on 26th April 2010

I'm so behind on the picture tours, but I'm making it a goal to get caught up and look at every one.  You all have such good eyes for a great picture.  Today I was looking at Peter's lovely Bude pics and they brought back such wonderful memories of our day in Bude last summer.  And guess what - I have a picture of Bude with a pink house.  I'll upload it tonght.

That was the thing that I found surprising over there.  I didn't find that people dressed much in bright, bold colors.  When we were in London, I had a light green jacket on and I felt like a total tourist because everybody was dressed in black, gray, brown, dark green, maybe the odd navy blue.  But the buildings were a palatte of color.  But very tasteful.

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 04:36 on 26th April 2010

Here's a Cornish pink cottage.

Pink Cottage, Cadgwith, Cornwall
Picture by Mike Heavey

cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 06:27 on 26th April 2010
It's true Ruth, but it think when you are using public transport it is very practical to use darker colour clothes - they don't show the dirt!!  My reaction to the the "greyness" was to haul out all the brightest clothes I had, probably stuck out like a sore thumb, but it slightly compensated for the dullness of the weather!!  That is a very pretty cottage, must have great views!
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
Posted at 07:16 on 26th April 2010
Love your pink cottage tour Peggy. Can't think if i have taken any pink cottages. The ones I took in Westward Ho! were all different colours.
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
Posted at 11:36 on 26th April 2010

Oh Ruth that is beautiful, certainly added to tour, Thanks

Yes Stephanie, there are hundreds of pink houses around here but they are joined to others of different colours, I would love to live in this one

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
Posted at 15:17 on 26th April 2010
Cathyml I love your cats and dogs tours, just looked at them for the first time, what a good choice.