Salthouse

a Seaside Town in the county of Norfolk

A picture of Talkin Tarn Country Park

Brampton

in the county of Cumbria

Bodmin jail

Bodmin

in the county of Cornwall

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Less can be more.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 13:26 on 29th May 2013
May I echo what Dave has to say, Ron you do a sterling job and from what you've described it can't be easy.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 21:04 on 29th May 2013
  Please may I endorse what has been said Ron, it cannot be easy and we all make typos but it does not hurt to read through one's script before pushing the button. Well I am now off to add to the load so I will keep the number down and try to edit the narrative ( could be tricky, some will be a bit technical), wish me luck with approval.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:26 on 29th May 2013

Just got in dear friends, quick check around the forum and off to look at your pictures for approval.

Thanks for your supportive comments and know that Chris and Sarah have taken onboard your suggestions and change is coming!

MikeT
MikeT
quotePosted at 17:30 on 8th August 2013
Ridiculous!! 49 pictures uploaded today by one member, when are we going to have a set limit?
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 18:50 on 8th August 2013
I think this member is overdoing it a bit with  all these pics --i think a maximum of 6-10 for non-members and 15 for Premier members maybe that will  tempt them to take membership out.
MikeT
MikeT
quotePosted at 18:57 on 8th August 2013
I agree James, something needs to be done, what you suggest seems very fair
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 19:44 on 8th August 2013
I agree James, Mike, but I wonder if it will tempt the non-premier member with the most pictures on the site 8387 in total to take out premier membership. Their nearest rival with 4491 pictures is a premier member. Something needs to be done, I hate wading through pages and pages of uploads by one person all of the same place, we all have favourite places we want to share, but a few at a time please Smile which is what most of us do anyway.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 19:47 on 8th August 2013

Just had a quick look guys and that is absolutely ridiculous. I know Ron says that all pictures mean something to the taker but this really is taking the p***. James, I would go as far as to suggest 5 and 10 as respective maximums. But it also has to be remembered that not everyone joins in the forums so will not see any of this discussion. Those of us who submit photos and have been part of this debate have all cut down on what we submit. Personally I try to stick somewhere around 5-7 which I feel means there is a fair chance that all my photos will be viewed by you. If I was to put up 15-20 I expect quite a few would be passed over. As it is with the 49 that have just been uploaded today I have had a quick look at all of them in the thumbnails and to honest found maybe 4 or 5 i might open up. The quality and content of the majority leaves a lot be desired. These 'volume' uploaders are not only taking us all for a ride but not doing themselves any favours either in that their images will simply be passed by.

I do think it is now time that some limits are set. I know it is more work for Chris and Sarah and that it might offend some. So maybe in the first instance an 'all users' e-mail be sent out explaining the issue with a request to 'self regulate' as most have started to do. And I woud suggest a top limit of somewhere between 5 and 10.

MikeT
MikeT
quotePosted at 19:55 on 8th August 2013
I think that sums it up nicely Dave, and I think most us agree with that, it would be nice if members did look in on the forums now & again, instead of just using the site for photo storage
Martin Humphreys
Martin Humphreys
quotePosted at 20:01 on 8th August 2013

We seem to be constantly going around in circles with this one ? I   thought changes were on the way to stop this sort of thing ? Like Dave has said .. most of us keep to about 4-5 so as not to bore to many people with too many uploads ? It's a shame some people can't use a noggin of common sense & not "swamp" the site in this way , as it does have a detrimental effect I feel. I took over 600 recently  on a lake district holiday & some 3 weeks later I still have only uploaded about 30 odd in total over a 2 week period ... simply by not wanting to "hog" the site & to be fair to other users.