Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Sunset over Oulton Broad on the Norfolk Broads

Oulton

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

The World's Best Cricket Grounds? (someome pinched my photo from poe)

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Stephen
Stephen
quotePosted at 11:42 on 4th January 2016

This post has received forty views but no replies so I have deleted it.

I wonder why I bothered to send . 

Edited by: Stephen . at:4th January 2016 21:19
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:09 on 13th January 2016

Did you contact the BBC and/or POE about copyright of the image Stephen?

POE owners Chris and Sarah can't be expected to read every thread and/or post created. That pleasure is for the moderators such as myself and I think you should have left your comment in place.

Regardless of who it is stealing copyright is a very serious offence and it can turn out to be an expensive moment of madness for the thief. In any case it is something that given the opportunity Chris and Sarah would have acted upon.

You refer to the number of views the thread received Stephen, but you also need to consider that people throughout the world are inquisitive and so will look at and read a post with absolutely no intention of commenting, and besides they do not possess the ability to make a difference. They are when all is said and done quite often just looking at Pictures of England and so whilst they may have an opinion, they don't post a response.

I would be interested to hear what the BBC have to say about the person who stole your image and more to the point what they have done about it? I think they need to offer both you and POE an apology with an explanation for the public and a written warning to the perpetrator.

Stephen
Stephen
quotePosted at 14:29 on 13th January 2016

Thanks for your reply Ron.

I didn't think of contacting the BBC. 

My original post said something like I guess that someone pinching photos is par for the course 

I am not too bothered my image was pinched, but was surprised to see it in the list my friend sent me.  

Here is the link. My photo of Audley End is fifth in the list.  You can see the quality isn't that great which suggests it was enlarged. I did try and find a Steve W on twitter but the needle got lost in the haystack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/35213969

Edited by: Ron Brind at:13th January 2016 19:43
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:40 on 13th January 2016

Stephen, I have tonight taken up your copyright claim with the BBC and copied it to http://www.PicturesOfEngland.com (POE) site owners Chris and Sarah.

I have also asked the BBC to respond to me and/or the site owners for discussion to be continued thereafter.

I will keep you informed one way or another.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 20:13 on 13th January 2016
A bit naughty that is Frown
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:42 on 13th January 2016
The BBC have tonight acknowledged receipt of my complaint on behalf of Stephen, Chris and Sarah.
Stephen
Stephen
quotePosted at 21:52 on 13th January 2016
On 13th January 2016 19:40, Ron Brind wrote:

Stephen, I have tonight taken up your copyright claim with the BBC and copied it to http://www.PicturesOfEngland.com (POE) site owners Chris and Sarah.

I have also asked the BBC to respond to me and/or the site owners for discussion to be continued thereafter.

I will keep you informed one way or another.

Thanks Ron.

I didn't expect you to go to all that trouble.

I was willing to just accept that these things happen,

Will be interesting to see what they have to say.

Stephen 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:43 on 14th January 2016
Not a problem Stephen. Scumbags who steal copyright, photographs or other material must be brought to book, which is why we have copyright laws.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:06 on 15th January 2016
See what I mean about people being 'inquisitive' Stephen the views have shot up for this thread, but you have to wonder why they don't comment eh?
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 09:53 on 15th January 2016

Apologies for this Stephen and thanks Ron for chasing it up. The BBC have apologised and also changed the watermark on the image to read 'Stephen at www.picturesofengland.com' after they got in touch with us yesterday.