Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Looking towards Minster Cliffs and the Leas  Minster, Isle of Sheppey

Sheerness

in the county of Kent

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

The World's Best Cricket Grounds? (someome pinched my photo from poe)

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Stephen
Stephen
quotePosted at 11:12 on 10th March 2016
Sorry to hear about this Edward.  Hope  things can be sorted out. 
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 07:20 on 11th March 2016

Thank you, Stephen, for your support. I e-mailed the site owner of M********** pointing out that my image of Greys Court was copyrighted and also was not released for commercial use. This site owner has now taken down the image  in question. They seemed to think that because it was found on a Google search and that it was also "the prettiest picture" it was OK to use it without permission on a commercial site. This curious assumption seems to be widespread. I would soon find if I applied the same principle to shopping in John Lewis, for example, I would not be treated so sympathetically.

Hi Edward. You will see that I have removed the hyperlink to the site in question. The very fact that you linked to it from POE would be very valuable in terms of search engine ratings for them, and that's the last thing that we need don't you agree?

Edited by: Edward Lever at:11th May 2016 17:09
Stephen
Stephen
quotePosted at 08:11 on 11th March 2016
Thanks for the update.  It is pleasing that someone considers a photo good enough to be used, but they should go about it in the correct manner.  
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 10:20 on 11th March 2016

I agree totally, Stephen. It is a compliment that someone condsiders an image good enough to be used, but in the case of commercial usage, then the appropriate licensing fee should be paid (assuming the image is marked as being for sale). Private use is another matter, and I would be only too pleased if my images were considered good enough to be of interest, provided due acknowledgement is given to me and PoE.

As for the link to the thieving website, I can see the logic of removing the link. Thank you, Ron, for spotting my error in giving them undeserved 'hits'.

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 08:34 on 11th May 2016
You do realise the link to their site on the previous page is still there? I just clicked on the underlined word which took me to it. I'd also be inclined to remove the sites name twice on this thread as Google reads the forums and now has connected Poe with this other site with two hits referring to these two forum pages; this one and the previous page. 

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:11th May 2016 08:50
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 17:07 on 11th May 2016
Thank you and your eagle eyes, Paul, for pointing this out. I will delete the relevant information, but from what you say, the damage may already have been done.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:23 on 12th May 2016

Thanks from me also Paul because I usually delete such links as a matter of form.

Anyway, nice to hear from you again here in the forum Paul, hope all is well. As you will probably read this post know that I tried to contact you (some months ago now) for some professional, legal photographs that were required. However, as you didn't respond, or see the pm the work went to a local Private Investigator. Keep in touch and thanks again for your comment in your earlier post.

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 14:37 on 12th May 2016

Hi Ron. Regretfully I never received a PM to be able to respond that I can recall. Otherwise, of course, I would have done. Many thanks for thinking of me on that occasion.  Hope you've both been keeping well too.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:35 on 13th May 2016

It was sent via the 'Contact Member' facility of your POE Profile Paul and related to an accident that happened locally. Solicitors wanted specific photographs which had to be professional and naturally I thought of you. In the end they went to a local Private Investigator that they found by searching the net.

Thanks for responding above and yes we are as well as can be expected under the 'medicated' circumstances. lol

CassPremier Member - Click for more info
Cass
quotePosted at 19:39 on 22nd October 2018

Someone recently wanted to use one of my images for unlimited use. After pointing out that they could get another image, not as good but for around £3.00 I said that they can have that one as the quality would be bad and they should know that unlimited use of someones image is worth a lot more and the image belongs to that photographer and to my eyes that is theft at that price. I quoted a not unreasonable price (I know what should be charged as I worked for 29years in a press agency) and they said that it was a very reasonable fee and would get back to me ... As I thought, no one got back to me as they were just trying it on. I know it was not copyright infingment but it comes down to the same thing when someone uses your image without permission and think an apology will suffice. While an apology is welcomed, a fee should have been offered.

It's good to be back ! 

Please login to post to this thread...