'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Hayling Island, Hants

Hayling Island

in the county of Hampshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Sea Glass In Seaham

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

F W
F W
quotePosted at 22:33 on 21st May 2008

LOL

Edited by: F W at:27th June 2010 17:25
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Valerie Sutter
Valerie Sutter
quotePosted at 01:29 on 22nd May 2008

Yes, I meet with that reaction sometimes, people think I'm mad when I say I collect glass from a beach. The north sea can be a bit wild, but to be honest its just as cold and windy in the summer sometimes (ahh memories of running for the car in pouring rain & force 9 gales in August!!!!) Seriously though its sometimes nicer in the winter as there are very few people around so its quiet. I don't know anything about Blast beach apart from the name and that there was a problem with erosion, which the local council have been trying to help with. I love beachwalks in the winter simply because of the solitude. Sorry I have no idea how much glass you would find at Seaham, but I have seen Seaham sea glass for sale on ebay a while ago. I always think this is such a shame as its much nicer making things with glass you've found yourself.

I hope your trip to the UK is fruitful and that you have a nice time here. In fact if you fancy a trip north of the border you would be most welcome I'm sure.

Regards

Valerie 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:32 on 22nd May 2008
Hello Valerie, welcome to the best website and forum on the net! We have a great bunch of members here who contribute in many ways. This business of glass on our beaches is not that good though, is it? Good job we have people like yourself and Diana prepared to turn it into something nice. Good luck with your searches, maybe you should add a link from your website to www.picturesofengland.com (POE) so that other people can benefit from your initiative. You never know POE may be able to add 'searching for beach glass' as an attraction!  Don't forget to join in the forum on a regular basis, for a great deal of fun and laughter from some of the more 'nutty' members. There are some fabulous pictures submitted by the members here too, with history, hotels, maps, famous Brits...the list goes on, enjoy!
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 21:01 on 25th May 2008
I've been having a look at some of the sites about sea glass and I have to say some of the jewellery is amazing!! Sorry I can't help with the original question, but at least I've learnt something today.
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 21:05 on 25th May 2008

Hello Diana and Valerie, welcome to the site. Sorry I'm late but I have been away for a week. As for beach glass, you can find it on most pebble beaches. What a great idea making jewelry out of it.

I wish you the best of luck in your search. And dont forget to post photo's from your visit.

Denzil Tregallion
Denzil Tregallion
quotePosted at 13:16 on 26th May 2008
We use to pick up the clay pipes on the shore at Newqauy and there were some glass there.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:25 on 29th May 2008
Therr baint no clay pipes on shaw, wot bist thee on about?
Denzil Tregallion
Denzil Tregallion
quotePosted at 18:20 on 29th May 2008
Ron we use to take Goldie and Kevin and they found more than me and Mrs. Tregallion and all
L
L
quotePosted at 20:19 on 29th May 2008
On 29th May 2008 18:20, Denzil Tregallion wrote:
Ron we use to take Goldie and Kevin and they found more than me and Mrs. Tregallion and all

Glass or clay pipes? getting a bit confused here lol
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:32 on 29th May 2008
Have you any idea just who is confusing who here Lyn, I think not!